The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

When Rob and Eddie were dicussimg the Tzeentch release they definitely talked about how the Narrative had moved on from the Realm Gate wars and that the Seeds of Hope cities from the Seasonof War were established cities now. Cities that Tzeentch had formed cults in an Enemy within fashion. Sound to me like the Mortal Realms will be getting some civilisation. 

Oh and no squats they were pants the first time round ?

One really has to wonder about the timescale AoS moves at.

From some of the developements, especially the establishment of major cities and their impressive descriptions, it must be at the very least over a decade from the start of the Realmgate Wars to the end of Seasons of War, if not much longer.

It would be nice to get a rough accounting of the time past, it might have well been a mortal lifespan in the realms since the release of AoS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

From some of the developements, especially the establishment of major cities and their impressive descriptions, it must be at the very least over a decade from the start of the Realmgate Wars to the end of Seasons of War, if not much longer.

It would be nice to get a rough accounting of the time past, it might have well been a mortal lifespan in the realms since the release of AoS.

Interesting point. The thing is that so far, we have mostly seen releases of immortal/near-immortal/deathless species. Stormcast "live" until "killed" and then are presently "born" again. Ghouls probably live and die on a mortal timeline, but everything else in that army is long-lived thanks to vampire blood or is a vampire. Fyreslayers are Dwarves Duardin and have very lengthy lifespans. Sylvaneth are immortal tree spirits. I Orks Orruks live until killed. Really, we haven't seen any releases that include creatures who live and die on a normal human timescale.

3 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

To confuddle mattees, time can move at different speeds in different (parts of the) realms.

Sounds like a plot device to get the most interesting events and/or fights happening and to fast forward past the "boring" stuff (like civic development and other not war). I expect a "gap" between all major battles or campaigns, that will be long enough to make the setup for the next thing sound plausible (or what passes for that in Warhammer fluff, I think GW could do with at east one less zero on all their stated time spans).

Edited by DarkBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WSDdeloach said:

Duardin are coming after this Tzeentch release 

this looks like baseless wishful thinking. Anything to back this up?

The blood bowl dwarf model shoulder pad teaser pic doesn't seem to point to a dwarf release.

The pic from the tzeentch book (?) where dwarf iron breakers and gyro copters are depicted being killed doesn't seem to confirm anything either.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is anything solid that actually would lead a person to take seriously steam punk dwarves.

3 hours ago, WSDdeloach said:

Honestly... I'd photo up my source. But, he's a friend and likes his job. So, I can't. But I'm very confident things are close with that faction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fair enough. But you'd break my spirit if it's not true ;) 

1 hour ago, rokapoke said:

From the 96-page book with the starter set...

Not particularly informative, but it definitely shows that the Steamhead Duardin can be expected as a release at some point. 

IMG_0043.JPG

Cool! Never saw that before. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barimbino said:

So has any one gotten their copy of the January white dwarf? Seems like they should start showing up sometime soon.

This month's white dwarf is a week later. The official release date is January 6th, presumably to avoid shipping around New Year.