The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I would love this. To me a Chaos army without a backbone of proper Chaos Warriors still looks wrong.

Not very confident it will happen though.

May i ask why?

In my opinion they really need a counterpart to Stormcast now.

Khorne didn't live up to the posterboy image.

A new line of Chaos warriors and playable varanguards is exactly what this game needs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I would love this. To me a Chaos army without a backbone of proper Chaos Warriors still looks wrong.

Not very confident it will happen though.

100% agreed. It's also the only thing I really want mini-wise for my DoT army. And Chaos Warriors are indeed very iconic (probably one of the five most iconic things done by GW), at least way more than SCE...

8 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Chaos warriors have needed a face lift for a long time. I'd rather use my old hunchback warriors than use the stiff, tiny dudes getting used now. It's shocking they have yet to receive a SE equivalent model range.

Playing vermintide 2 really gave me a scale of what chaos warriors are supposed to be that the current models just don't capture.

Giving the chaos warriors a facelift makes sense from a marketting standpoint because it would allow a starterbox where both sides look good, are easy to paint , and (if they flesh out stormhosts like they've been) could include a lore guide with color schemes and their meanings so people feel more involved with their starter armies. Could even include multiple head options for the centerpiece mounted hero where each head is a different named hero from a different stormhost/chaos god.

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

May i ask why?

A big part is that they have defined the look for Chaos for so long, it has become hard for me to do without them.

Then there's the thing that Chaos Warriors and their menacing full plated look is just one of THE iconic Games Workshop designs, quite likely the original one even. It is hard to imagine that they would abandon that when so much of AoS has been focused on expanding on iconic designs and turning them into their own factions where they weren't already.

I'll freely admit that another part is simple nostalgia. When I first got my introduction to Chaos they where mostly Chaos Warriors and Beastmen, with some demon and monster support, and even though that was just for a short time all things considered, it just got stuck in my head (though Chaos Warriors remained the poster boys of Chaos until the Endtimes).

20 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

In my opinion they really need a counterpart to Stormcast now.

Kind of ironic, considering Stormcast are pretty much an Order counterpart of Chaos Warriors. The statlines even match, its just that Chaos is saddled with a kit for Chaos Warriors that was made for ranking up and looks quite unimpressive next to Stormcast and much of the lore and releases since the start of AoS has been on other servants of Chaos, so the point does not really sink in.

I thought that, with Khorne getting Blood Warrior, every god would get their own Warrior variant, but so far that expectation proved wrong. Tzeentch got no armoured warriors at all, while Blightkings are too far from the plate armoured look and really closer to Chosen or even Champion level.

I can see a good point to stepping back from Chaos Warriors for a bit so AoS can establish itself as its own thing and to develope newer elements first.

But completely doing away with them or ignoring them forever would be like removing Greater Demons to me.

7 hours ago, DantePQ said:

There is easy way to fold Wanderers into Sylaventh, maybe even with option to play Wanderers only.

I see this happening. Souping the pair and like other tomes, allowing additional battleline when taking a General with a specific keyword if you wanted to go pure dryad or pure aelf.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

BoK?

Good illustration of why abbreviations should always be spelled out in the first reference of an article/post (and cute little nicknames never used). Don't assume everyone knows your shortcuts, especially since there are new people here all the time.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

They normally only showcase a new book on WHTV after the pre order has been announced. So doesn't mean that much. 

True, but after LVO announcement there was this slight piece of hope that it will be the new book used on the twitch. It seems we have to wait some more time though.

Last year Deepkin were shown on LVO IIRC anyone recall what was the time from seminar to release? Not sure if this will be the case or there will be new pattern for release, but one can hope.

4 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Good illustration of why abbreviations should always be spelled out in the first reference of an article/post (and cute little nicknames never used). Don't assume everyone knows your shortcuts, especially since there are new people here all the time.

True to that, still we are in a very specific kind of forum and this society uses all kinds od synonyms and abbreviations, so one got to learn them to operate in here. We all learn new things everyday, just add this one to the pile. All in all, if anyone need help, he or she can ask and answer will be delivered ;) we are friendly society after all :)

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

I mean, it's either "serve and fight endlessly against your hated foe" or "be nothing for eternity".

Dude probably cut a deal :P

When Chaos tryed to do that, Settra killed a buttload of demons and entered the Chaos plane to kick some more.

Settra would have given Sigmar the finger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Is there a way for the forum to auto-highlight acronyms that are on a standardized list so that readers can mouseover/click and get a definition?

I've seen the Dakka forums do that a lot - it can be quite helpful; esp on a site like TGA where the site only has 1 primary lore setting so the acronyms are more unified. Throw up a thread in the suggestions and feedback section about it :)

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

Saw this linked in a Discord chat, seems that Tomb Kings are back in AoS!

52736744_10213519680401648_5969514489966493696_o.jpg

Which book is this from? This is very interesting, because now I'm supposing the new artwork we saw in the Warcry trailer may be references to this Lord-Celestant Settrus and his Imperishables (the guy with sickle-like weapons and the lithe Stormcast warrior).

Or it could just be a wink and nod and nothing more. But...

Edited by Mutton

It's from the new Hamilcar book, so keep in mind a) it's supposed to be comedic and b) it's written from the perspective of a deliberately unreliable narrator. So I think this is just a gag at Tomb Kings' expense. 

Extremely clunky/awkward joke though, and I'm not looking forward to this being brought up in irate Tomb Kings discussions for years to come... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

It's from the new Hamilcar book, so keep in mind a) it's supposed to be comedic and b) it's written from the perspective of a deliberately unreliable narrator. So I think this is just a gag at Tomb Kings' expense. 

Extremely clunky/awkward joke though, and I'm not looking forward to this being brought up in irate Tomb Kings discussions for years to come... 

If it really is just a joke, then GW can take a flying leap. I will honestly be done with the company. Why? Because it would be them intentionally giving the finger to some pretty bummed out fans who (using my own example) took a while to trust in The New GW after AoS came out with all it's childish crud and arrogant handling of things.  This would be a clear indicator to me that we're still being laughed at by the folks in the Ivory Tower. Fool me once, and all that.

On the other hand ... if it's a harbinger and they can find a way to explain how Settra would kneel the a sad little godling after he told the combined Ruinous Powers to get bent, then I would be hyper excited! 🤩

Edited by Sleboda
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I see. If so, not in great taste, given all the people who are still (rightfully) angry about their dropped army.

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

If it really is just a joke, then GW can take a flying leap. I will honestly be done with the company. Why? Because it would be them intentionally giving the finger to some pretty bummed out fans who (using my own example) took a while to trust in The New GW after AoS came out with all it's childish crud and arrogant handling of things.  This would be a clear indicator to me that we're still being laughed at by the folks in the Ivory Tower. Fool me once, and all that.

On the other hand ... if it's a harbinger and they can find a way to explain how Settra would kneel the a sad little godling after he told the combined Ruinous Powers to get bent, then I would be hyper excited! 🤩

Keep in mind this isn't some core piece of GW-written lore or something - it's an individual author writing something he thinks is funny. Obviously there's an approval process but I don't think the novels can be considered gospel in the same way that, say, a battletome is, and certainly I wouldn't ever expect a Black Library novel to tease future unannounced model releases. 

I understand the whole Tomb Kings thing is still pretty raw for a lot of people, but would you really want them to come back as a bunch of Stormcast? They wouldn't look or act anything like they used to, and lore-wise it really doesn't add up at all. 

6 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I understand the whole Tomb Kings thing is still pretty raw for a lot of people, but would you really want them to come back as a bunch of Stormcast? They wouldn't look or act anything like they used to, and lore-wise it really doesn't add up at all. 

I wouldn't, no, which is why I said they would need a good explanation. How cool would it be for him to be fully aware of who he is, but allow Sigmar to think he doesn't know. Sigmar would be arrogant enough to assume his reforging process subverted the will of some weak sand-king. All the while, Settra is gathering knowledge so that he can strike at Nagash and exact long overdue vengeance.

That would be sweet.