The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, shinros said:

He looks human to me personally I don't know why people think it's a duardin there is clearly fire on his beard and sword and red robes. Considering the magic theme makes sense it would be a human fire battle mage also have you ever seen a dwarf/duardin using a sword?

I could definitely see it being a firemage and perhaps the rumors of Duardin led me down the path it was a dwarf instead.  However, dwarves, association with fire and swords are not a huge stretch.  Dwarves often had swords in earlier versions of WHFB.  In fact, the best and most comprehensive dwarf supplement ever by GW, Stone and Steel, has a dwarf with a sword on the cover.

In hindsight however, a human fire battlemage makes a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

It definitely looks like a duardin face to me. Plus he's much lower down in the picture which suggests he's pretty short. This is aos after all - maybe duardin will have wizards?

The lower-down aspect is just positioning, it's an aspect of art that goes back to David and Goliath. The defiant little guy with the massive evil towering over them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

It definitely looks like a duardin face to me. Plus he's much lower down in the picture which suggests he's pretty short. This is aos after all - maybe duardin will have wizards?

As mentioned by @CoffeeGrunt, it's dramatic positioning ;) 

Also it was mentioned in the stream it was a Bright Wizard (but you can argue that could be a lie). 

Could Duardin have wizards? I think so. Things have changed since the days of the world what was ;) 

I think it is a dwarf based on the nose and other dwarfish details. Is it confirmed a mage or was that just speculation from the stream? I think it could be a dwarf priest of some kind. Perhaps these dwarfs have some descendant from Fyreslayers and therefore some fire priests still bestow the power of flame. Or maybe its our first clothed fire slayer. Surely he would not commit such a crime against his naked brethren traditions!

Edited by Aelven
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Aelven said:

I think it is a dwarf based on the nose and other dwarfish details. Is it confirmed a mage or was that just speculation from the stream? I think it could be a dwarf priest of some kind. Perhaps these dwarfs have some descendant from Fyreslayers and therefore some fire priests still bestow the power of flame. Or maybe its our first clothed fire slayer. Surely he would not commit such a crime against his naked brethren traditions!

I'm 99% sure it was confirmed on the stream by Rob and Eddie, however I was being kicked in the face by my son who didn't want to go to sleep in his pram and decided that Daddy was more comfortable, so I may have been slightly distracted ;) 

So, to summarize my collections from the tidbits released about the Disciples of Tzeentch release:

-Looks like the Tzaangor Shaman is the only new Character. Though the Path to Glory table calls out two previously unknown characters in the Arcanites section, the Magister and the Fatemaster, those are propably renames/reinterpretations of the Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord and the Lord of Tzeentch on Disk, who are notably absent from the table.

-Akolytes come with magical gubbins "special weapons". We have learned that "I cast bird" attacks mages. It was said there would be others, propably Mr. "I hold a scroll".

-Two types of Tzaangor on Disk of Tzeentch. Skyfires look like extremely nasty archers, Enlightened poke people from above with polearms. Likelyhood of them being a dual kit: 99.99%

-Still no word on blue horrors, brimstone horrors and LoC, though everyone expects them.

-Also, still no word on these guys:bigtzaangor.jpg

Note the particularly impressive horns and flame, these certainly aren't regular Tzaangor. They also quite big. There are parallels to the enlightened, especially the polearms. However, I don't really see that kit as a tripple kit. I also think these ones are a bit bigger and overall fancier, though, admittedly, it is hard to make out. The path to glory table makes no mention of any further Tzaangor/Arcanites units, though that also isn't the complete list.

The release will then be:

-Battletome:Disciples of Tzeentch

-Tzaangor Shaman

-Kairic Akolytes with Gubbins. Propably ten to a box.

-Skyfires/Enlightened on Disk dual kit. Three to a box.

-The well known Tzaangor in a different Cardboard box, possibly without wh40k extra sprues, maybe even down a few coins in prize (a man can dream).

-Maybe a third box Monstrous Tzaangor or maybe Enlightened can be fielded on foot.

-Demons sometime later. If in January/February, then we will se them in the book. If the book does only contain pictures of Silver Tower Blues/Brimstone and the old LoC, they will come much later.

-Release in January. 40k Fall of Cadia propably comes first, so I'd expect this around mid-month.

-For those who wanted Tzeentch specific Warrior/Knight types, we are left to speculate/hope for a further Tzeentch release wave later into the year, but for now and possibly the forseeable future, we have to look to Slaves to Darkness for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I'm 99% sure it was confirmed on the stream by Rob and Eddie, however I was being kicked in the face by my son who didn't want to go to sleep in his pram and decided that Daddy was more comfortable, so I may have been slightly distracted ;) 

They did describe it as a human fire mage (or something similar) but from their tone erc I still feel it is a duardin!

4 hours ago, Carnelian said:

They did describe it as a human fire mage (or something similar) but from their tone erc I still feel it is a duardin!

Bare in mind that they had a book with a picture. If they wearnt told about it then and there then they were proberbly just speculating.

But i would agree that its a wizards dosent make sense to me otherwise.

Chaos dwarves did use magic, allthough then they would slowly turn to stone. And there were some hints to the chaos dwarves in the fireslayer release. 

That doesn't mean I think it is a dwarf or a fire mage. Could be either. I dont really like this piece of artwork. 

Edited by elfhead

14 hours ago, elfhead said:

Chaos dwarves did use magic, allthough then they would slowly turn to stone. And there were some hints to the chaos dwarves in the fireslayer release. 

That doesn't mean I think it is a dwarf or a fire mage. Could be either. I dont really like this piece of artwork. 

My mind just had a ding ding moment.

Hints of regular Dwarfs (Steampunk) and as you say hints of Chaos Dwarfs.. And there is also mention of Fire slayers teaming up with Chaos if the price is right soooo... A Duardin Battletome consisting of Steampunk Duardin, Fyreslayers and Chaos Duardin. You can only field steampunk as order and CD as chaos however Fyreslayers will be a cross GA faction? Add in the dispossessed and you have a pretty meaty battletome that caters for the GAs

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aelven said:

My mind just had a ding ding moment.

Hints of regular Dwarfs (Steampunk) and as you say hints of Chaos Dwarfs.. And there is also mention of Fire slayers teaming up with Chaos if the price is right soooo... A Duardin Battletome consisting of Steampunk Duardin, Fyreslayers and Chaos Duardin. You can only field steampunk as order and CD as chaos however Fyreslayers will be a cross GA faction? Add in the dispossessed and you have a pretty meaty battletome that caters for the GAs

Oh you tease!

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

This is not a response to anyone in particular but I don't think we should necessarily be thinking all battletomes in the future will be as expansive as Disciples of Tzeentch. I hope we still get faction specific battletomes to accompany the smaller ones.

What's good about this is not that all Battletomes will be in this new format, but that this is now an option where it's appropriate.

2 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

What's good about this is not that all Battletomes will be in this new format, but that this is now an option where it's appropriate.

What I think would be interesting and engaging, is a slightly different system of allegiance for each Grand Alliance.

The "Disciples of Tzeentch" approach is excellent, for the Monogod "powerblocks" of factions. A simmilar battletome for Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Skaven/Great Horned Rat could cover most of the GA, while leaving room inside the "powerblocks" for smaller monofaction battletomes (like Clans Eshin after Skaven).

The other GA's don't have those "powerblocks", but could find a different ways to link up factions into one army.

So Order could be set up around factions like Sylvaneth, that are basically self-contained Forces, but give a system to make them work well as cooperative Forces, as they are the truest "Alliance" in the Mortal Realms.

Death on the other hand could have a hierarchic allegiance system. You'd have "bottom rank" factions, like Deathrattle, Deathwalkers, Flesheaters and maybe Nighthaunt, equipped with "old style" battletomes and perfectly playable in their own right. But If you take a "master rank" faction, like Deathmages, Soulblight, maybe Nighthaunt, their battletome could allow you to "subjugate" the "bottom rank" into your allegiance (with some limitations, so pure "bottom" armies aren't shafted. At the Top, Deathlords would be able to subjugate all other Death factions, including Masters.

I'm not to attatched to the specific, but some difference in how allegiances are set up and archieved between different GAs would be very characterful and neat, I think.

• Like 6