The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

To be honest,  I don't think that a skirmish game in AoS world will ahve the killteam success. The main problem is that it is not a shooting game.

Lets see what GW will do...

People keep saying this and I really don't understand why. Since when has shooting been a crucial part of skirmish games? We've had fantasy skirmish games for decades, and even just in the last few years there are hugely successful non-GW fantasy skirmish games out there such as Frostgrave. I mean, half the reason people even want an AOS skirmish game is because they're nostalgic about Mordheim. Kill Team is not the be-all, end-all of skirmish gaming - it's an incredibly young upstart in the grand scheme of things. 

3 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

I don't think they'd do another new kind of Stormcast for something like this, either. I could believe new models, but not a whole new type of unit.  

There's a jumping Stormcast that looks lightly armoured on one of the screenshots people grabbed from the trailer.

1 hour ago, Swooper said:

There's a jumping Stormcast that looks lightly armoured on one of the screenshots people grabbed from the trailer.

Maybe, but I don't think you can infer that much from some small silhouettes - I mean, the art in that trailer is open enough to interpretation to have some people saying they're Tomb Kings... IMO there's all sorts of things it could be, and not all artwork gets models anyway 

My contact deep in GW has said that the rumour is pretty much true, as now it's leaked he's ok to talk about it. 

Diving into 4chan is a bad idea, for a lot of reasons. ****** are actually one of the smaller risks with 4chan and it's various offshoots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ben2 said:

My contact deep in GW has said that the rumour is pretty much true, as now it's leaked he's ok to talk about it. 

Diving into 4chan is a bad idea, for a lot of reasons. ****** are actually one of the smaller risks with 4chan and it's various offshoots. 

What risks lol? TG is just an image board and a moderated one at that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ben2 said:

Some how a new user confirming a 4chan originated rumor makes me believe it even less.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Some how a new user confirming a 4chan originated rumor makes me believe it even less.

Ben2 is a dakka member who correctly called Killteam commanders, the new Abaddon and a plastic squig herder box well ahead of time so they are fairly reliable. 

Still waiting for that killTeam Inquisition expansion though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben2 said:

I believe you! 

Do you know something about whether there are  changes of profiles or will they be the same as in AoS?

1 minute ago, Kirjava13 said:

Curiously, whilst actively wanting rumours, people in this thread also hate them.

I think its more that (esp after NDA breaker member only a week or so ago) people are just hostile/distrusting of new people with brand new accounts coming and posting "rumours" with no previous back history here. It's one thing to get rumours, its another when people feel that others are just making stuff up and calling it rumours. 

Still GW will deliver with shiny new things and all will be revealed in the fullness of time. 

• Like 2

It's not like the NDA breaker thing was definitively disproved. It was fishy, and there were contradictions (the thing about KO being merged, and then going back on that) which were likely mistruths but could've been miscommunications in the leak chain. Let's not fixate on it, but we don't know. 

If I remember correctly, the biggest, juicy rumour of last year was 'Deep One Elves', which were speculated about as Cthulhu-inspired in aesthetic (like the Tenebrael Shard).

And while we did get Deepkin later, the actual army bore little resemblance to the Lovecraftian rumours (more Atlantian than anything). That was our biggest, most reliable rumour, and it still turned out only half-right. 

I like hearing the rumours. I may be disappointed on occasion if they don't manifest, sure, but the only thing to do when you hear them is file away and wait to see what comes of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Klamm said:

It's not like the NDA breaker thing was definitively disproved. It was fishy, and there were contradictions (the thing about KO being merged, and then going back on that) which were likely mistruths but could've been miscommunications in the leak chain. Let's not fixate on it, but we don't know. 

The mods confirmed it was another user posting under an alternate account and as for their rumours, well the skaven battletome coming next year was a bit sooner than expected ;) NDA also went very quiet once called out.

Suffice it to say even if they acted in good faith their source is likely unreliable and thus far proven incorrect. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

The mods confirmed it was another user posting under an alternate account and as for their rumours, well the skaven battletome coming next year was a bit sooner than expected ;) NDA also went very quiet once called out.

Suffice it to say even if they acted in good faith their source is likely unreliable and thus far proven incorrect. 

Ah, fair, musta missed that part. Oh well.

Also, since the debate keeps coming up about rumours vs facts, I petition that this thread to be renamed 'Whispers of Ulgu' so we know that there's an expectation of unreliability, rather than cold hard fact (that can be the "Hysh Bulletin").

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 3