The Rumour Thread

Disciplines of Tzeentch and the changes it imply to the game seem like an awesome direction the game is taking. I suggested a while ago a three tier system for army building: GA allegiance with thin bonuses, faction group with better, specific bonuses, and faction allegiance with very strong bonuses. By Sylvaneth/Beastclaw/Bonnesplitta the system was functioning as a two tier army system, which made some very intuitive combinations (example: Stormcast + Extremis) lack any kind of benefit. I'am glad GW took this road. IMO it is the perfect army buiding system: it allows varied or very specific armies to coexist, in a way we WHFB would have loved to see (remember all those old only Khorne, only a certain region of the Empire, but also general Undead or general Chaos armies?).
Steamhead Duarding seem less and less like a small, Fyreslayer like release, and I guess it will be a Duardin Battletome with 4 factions (Dispossesed, Fyreslayers, Steamhead and Ironweld), which would be a very sound decision both to reinvigorate the failed FS release and have a huge range to choose between varied or very specific armies. It could also be a chance to fix Fyreslayers, without having to release a new specific Battletome.

I'am also very glad at what I'am hearing about the fluff. Moving to a more "established" background, with places and cultures you can relate o - some of them provided and developed by GW without closing to fan creation- seems like a very sound decision as well. I'am glad they are also keeping the grand, total war feeling of the fluff, with Tzeentch using Khorne and Nurgle's struggle to gain chaos hegemony.

Both moves seem to be making AoS an awesome game. After a failed launch and a shy ulterior development, GW seems to be moving in the very right direction they pointed out since Sylvaneth Battletome, Allgates and the General's Handbook. Both gamewise and lore-wise they have a good road to go before getting there. But no one can deny (although we still have to read the Tzeentch fluff) that they are on the right path. 

• Like 3

This looks like a real flexible approach to allegiance, I really like this.

It will be interesting to see how this applies to other armies, factions and Grand Alliances, that don't have the clear connection of monogod lists, but it looks perfect for Chaos.

I really like that the Tzaangor Shamans spell works in matched play. You wouldn't want to waste reserve points on a Tzaangor or two, but it allows you to replenish a unit a bit. All I need now is a release date and money in my account come preorder day.

51 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

So GW settled the debate on the 'soul portal' - it is a disk.  Still no word on the cape or dwarfy thing.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/12/21/rumour-engine-december-21st/

I wonder if they've shuffled their release schedule since then. Maybe duardin were on the way but Tzeentch got bumped? 

• Like 1

Just now, hobgoblinclub said:

I wonder if they've shuffled their release schedule since then. Maybe duardin were on the way but Tzeentch got bumped? 

Nah.  I don't think they intended any of it to be chronological.  We'll see that dwarf thingy soon and the cape when Commorragh hits.

Though I don't doubt inklings of these dwarfs were in past rumors so the models may have been around for a long time now.  It will be interesting to see the date on the sprue.

Edited by daedalus81

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

We have heard rumours of this Tzeentch release since the Ironjawz came out. I wonder if it was delayed to accomodate the new battletome format?

I've wondering the same, makes me think the Lord Veritant was somehow going to be tied into this release.

If Tzeench has random sleeper cultists planted in various places, would make sense for Sigmar to send out his Witch Hunters to find and deal with them.

1 hour ago, Shadowheart said:

I've wondering the same, makes me think the Lord Veritant was somehow going to be tied into this release.

If Tzeench has random sleeper cultists planted in various places, would make sense for Sigmar to send out his Witch Hunters to find and deal with them.

Still hoping for a devoted of sigmar tome, devoted of sigmar pretty much laugh at chaos with the war altar. I mean fluff wise it would make sense for sigmar to properly set them up again considering the type of warfare tzeentch seems to be employing. 

In the grand alliance order tome it's the devoted job after the stormcast leave(after taking a realm gate) to spread the faith of sigmar to new cities etc and cleanse corruption. 

Edited by shinros

1 minute ago, KHHaunts said:

I remember them saying that. They seemed to be speculating more than anything. I agree with them. But I don't think they were certain.

He looks human to me personally I don't know why people think it's a duardin there is clearly fire on his beard and sword and red robes. Considering the magic theme makes sense it would be a human fire battle mage also have you ever seen a dwarf/duardin using a sword?

Edited by shinros

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

He looks human to me personally I don't know why people think it's a duardin there is clearly fire on his beard and sword and red robes. Considering the magic theme makes sense it would be a human fire battle mage also have you ever seen a dwarf/duardin using a sword?

It's not unheard of actually particularly in the man o war series. But I think it's the "craggy" features on the face look quite dwarfish but I think that's just the the artist. I'd still. Assume human.