The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Rob Hawkins said:

Is anyone else getting a 404 result when trying to view the warscroll downloads for all the Skaven units on the GW site?

The same thing is happening with the FEC ones, fingers crossed they're up by tomorrow. Speaking of FEC I've noticed they have both Royal and regular versions of the Zombie Dragon and Terrorgheist up on the store, do we think they're different units or just a renaming and they haven't cleaned up the store yet? If they are different units I'm interested to see how they differentiate themselves from one another.

Edited by Dirtnaps

I dithered over if I wanted to get the collectors edition of the Battletome - but in the end I decided a ribbon, cover and gold edging just wasn't quite enough for me for double the price; not when I'm also grabbing a Carrion box too! I still wish GW would put more in their collectors editions to make them feel more special; but then again if they did that they'd have to actually order a sensible number because they'd likely sell really well. I also reasoned it that if I had the collectors edition I'd not want to actually game with it and would want to keep it all safe and protected and thus pretty much untouched so that's no use to me. 

Now if they'd stuck an extra 10 pages of artwork or something into it that would have been an auto buy - but at the same time I'd have expected the 800 copies to have sold out faster than I could have clicked the add-to-cart button! 

3 hours ago, Mutton said:

How is no one talking about this picture? Those are definitely guys we haven't seen before.

Here's some other pictures no one seems to be talking about from that trailer:

I'm not sure it they are just random flavour art or are actually indicative of what's to come but it's fun to speculate 

Screenshot_20190209-175835_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-175850_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-175825_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-175800_YouTube.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

6 hours ago, Mutton said:

How is no one talking about this picture? Those are definitely guys we haven't seen before.

I accidentally double posted so here is some close-up screenshots of the characters from the images. A lot look knightly to me, so I thought perhaps they will be order models, but given the setting its equally possible to be just loads of different human factions that have heard the call of Archaon. The there's definitely Darkoath in there. 

Looking at them, my guess is a starter box with a knightly faction and a darkoath faction. Screenshot_20190209-181732_Gallery.jpg.6818a6d60c1722a67092a3024bbef3e3.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-181658_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-181820_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-181714_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Carnelian
  • LOVE IT! 2

I don't know I would like them to update LoN, Maggokin, DoK and ID with endless spells its easy money for them and I guess they might be released along with GH2019 (to give them points) and update all Battletomes to 0.2 - Sylvaneth, Ironjawz, Seraphon, Fyreslayers, DoT, BCR and I think they will. 

I think KO might get something too - some kind of terrain, or "endless" something (maybe in a form of CA) along with GH2019 which along with points reduction could be enough for them. 

And as far as new releases go I think that GW will release Darkoath/Everchosen and then Slaasnesh huge dual-release in winter, maybe followed by Aelves in 2020.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, Aleser said:

This model in shadow looks similar to Tomb Kings to me
from Warcry trailer

dadada.png

I had a thought dome time ago on a wishlist thread that if TK ever did come back they should be alligned to order as the undead that revelled against Nagash.  Im very doubtful that would be a thing, and I can’t imagine TK will be backafter outright dissapearing the way they did. But that is very much a pair of  Khopesh blades in that art.

Very excited by all the new stuff. Skulltaker is a fantastic reimagin8ng, the sylvaneth warband is bursting with character. I cannot wait for thid thing I know little of. And I’m over the moon one of my favoirite 40k characters is finally getting a model as a chaos space marine instead of the abhuman he’s been for a decade or two.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Well if this ends up being  like malign portents then it may prototype the next 4 armies coming with leaders. You know the more I think it the more likely it is. 

That would be awesome. I think having a concrete sense of 4 upcoming armies was great for keeping us customers/fans engaged in anticipation.

@calcysimon I thought that was from the new (& frankly amazing) black legion sorcerer, but now I look it’s slightly different. Still I think it’s possibly for something else in that range.

Though of course it could just as easily be for the gerbils of doom.

9A45A0E0-C9FD-4F18-9864-FDD0E3781DB6.jpeg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1