The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't mind FEC getting that horse spell. What I do mind is LoN getting that horse spell. Nagash was already too strong. 

Yes great work of balance team(as all this edition have been)

Gw: Hey guys gonna release the best spell of the game!

Balance team: sure boss what army should get it?

Gw: i dont know,as it is the best spell lets put it on a underpower army to try balance them

Balance team: sure lets put it to nagash so lets try that lon have the same 70% win rate as dok!

Gw:is it wise put the best spell to the best caster of the game who is dominating the meta?

Balance team: who cares,we  did a great job balancing this edition and in special dok and lon, we know gonna be rigth!

It is hilarious

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

Yes great work of balance team(as all this edition have been)

Gw: Hey guys gonna release the best spell of the game!

Hahaha sorry gotta stop you there. This is a pretty good spell but it's far far far far from the best endless spell. 

• Like 2

How? This spell have a median of 5 mortal wounds vs 1 wound model when the best damage ratio endless spell is the guillotine with a median of 3'5 mortal wounds.

So yes, 5≥≥≥3'5 this is the BEST damage endless spell by a huge mile(as 70% better than the best untill now)

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Requizen said:

Wall of Horse

Fair play i just absolutely lost it at ‘Wall of Horse’, honest to god that would be the best spell name ever. 

‘WALL OF HORSE!’

bang! Stitch that. Have a face full of ****** hoof for your troubles.

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

You say that but then why Orruks and Aelves? GW have shown that they will go to great lengths to defend their IP and have done so successfully in the past. Tomb Kings feel like a victim of the frustrating reality of that situation to me but I don’t work for them so my guess is a good as the next persons.

They still cannot stop someone from making generic equivalent models and calling them: "orc brute with axe", or "dwarf warrior with shield", or "elf ranger with bow", etc.  They can trademark names such as Orruksand Aelves, but they can't enforce someone making generic fantasy models using public IP races.  What they can do is trademark certain symbols and prevent someone from using those.  They can also prevent someone from profiting from fan-fiction within their IP.

4 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

How? This spell have a median of 5 mortal wounds vs 1 wound model when the best damage ratio endless spell is the guillotine with a median of 3'5 mortal wounds.

So yes, 5≥≥≥3'5 this is the BEST damage endless spell by a huge mile(as 70% better than the best untill now)

Damage is rarely an issue. Kill 5 Goblins or Plague Monks or Skinks, whoopdie doo. 

Geminids debuff, Pendulum can never turn around to hit you. Comet does WAAAY more damage if you hit 3+ units and can be cast outside of dispel range. Magic Mushroom similar. Balewind buffs the caster. Spellportal lets you cast Hand of Dust anywhere on the table. Cogs is probably the best endless spell in general terms for either way of using it.

Yeah Horse Blast probably does the most damage, but at the end of the day it's 5d3 max if you roll hot, likely only hitting one unit. I'd rather have buffing/debuffing Endless Spells any day of the week, or one that does zone denial like Comet/Mushroom/Vortex.

9 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I agree, which is strange because in the past if you told me my 2-years-or-under-old army book was already being replaced I, and many others, would complain.

Now, however, I'm glad to fork out another $50 for a more complete book.

Just don't ask me to buy a new one every year like Stormcast.

I agree, but buying a new book every year is a 1st-world problem that I would like to have compared to the past alternative of waiting up to a decade for a book refresh.  If GW needs me to shell out $50 a year for my favorite factions and they are willing to put in the effort to provide a good up to date product then that is a problem worth having.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

That's not their lore. Dispossessed are not dwarves that are rejected from holds. They are the remnants of the original duardin culture that flourished during the Age of Myth. Fyreslayers evolved alongside Khazalid Empires. During the Age of Chaos, the technically adapt duardin of the Khazalid Empires escaped into the sky and evolved into the Kharadron Overlords. Those left on the ground and who survived the Chaos invasions by fleeing to Azyr became the Dispossessed. It is now the goal of the Dispossessed to retake their former Karaks from Chaos or whoever now squats there. Along the way, they also help tear down chaos forts and build Order forts and cities in their place. 

TL;DR - Who cares where they come from - they all have beards worth scalping.

2 hours ago, lord_blackfang said:

The Throne is a big disappointment to me, it just somewhat mitigates the command point tax we shouldn't even be burdened with in the first place to do our army's main shtick, and doesn't even work for GKOZD and GKOTG for some random reason - probably because they're mobile enough that bunching them all around the Throne during deployment isn't "enough of a drawback" to pay for the CP discount.

To play Devil's Advocate - you have not even read the new book yet.  So you don't know what has changed in regards to warscrolls and what the terrain piece really means in regards to the army as a whole yet.  They might not change much and then it ends up being disappointing - or they might rework a whole lot and the ability ends up being quite better in the end.  At least we will know in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

I think it basically means the Skaven army has, over the years, lost only three things:

1) Skaven Slaves (which to be fair whilst they fit the lore were never "that" good and always felt like poorer clan rats. Plsu the original models were all metal and never got a plastic update so people just used clan rats anyway)

2) Warpglobe thrower - though likely might return one day if GW do a plastic weapon team. 

3) Several versions of Boneripper (though thankfully Thanquil keeps bringing on a new one). 

It's possibly one of the most robust armies in terms of managing to keep itself together! Of course you can also argue that they've lost a lot of heroes, but many of the sculpts are still in use just under generic titles now. 

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think it basically means the Skaven army has, over the years, lost only three things:

1) Skaven Slaves (which to be fair whilst they fit the lore were never "that" good and always felt like poorer clan rats. Plsu the original models were all metal and never got a plastic update so people just used clan rats anyway)

2) Warpglobe thrower - though likely might return one day if GW do a plastic weapon team. 

3) Several versions of Boneripper (though thankfully Thanquil keeps bringing on a new one). 

It's possibly one of the most robust armies in terms of managing to keep itself together! Of course you can also argue that they've lost a lot of heroes, but many of the sculpts are still in use just under generic titles now. 

Various special characters (who albeit have mundane counterparts), the 7th edition character mounts (never had models released), Wolf Rats (who never originally had models during 3rd ed) only for Forge World to bring them back (with models) 20 years later, the Vermin Lord and Doomwheel also disappeared for an edition and then came back, Chaos Hounds as a Moulder Beastmaster option in the earliest skaven army list if you're gonna get really pedantic... ;) 

Very relived about the Warpfire Thrower surviving, it's too iconic to have gotten the boot. :D 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

I don't see it as losing Skaven Slaves, but gaining more Clanrats :D

17 hours ago, Aleser said:

This model in shadow looks similar to Tomb Kings to me
from Warcry trailer

dadada.png

These look like order haloes to me. 

I'm so excited for warcry I'm legitimately about to wet myself even though I barely know what it is

Edited by Carnelian
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

If this is the case I will be... less than thrilled.

I think with gloomspite (look at stabbas warscroll) they've shown this is how they are going to write rules now. You can only field a unit in a configuration that is possible buying the exact amount of  correct kits from GW.     I think it is a positive change, but it sucks for anyone who kitbashed their stormfiends to have all one type of weapon (but that's the cost of doing business when playing competitively... rules change. Could have easily as been a change that your favorite weapon now became the worst weapon)

Edited by sorokyl

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

These look like order haloes to me. 

I'm so excited for warcry I'm legitimately about to wet myself even though I barely know what it is

How is no one talking about this picture? Those are definitely guys we haven't seen before.