The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Really? I don't recall either of those statements. I could very well have a poor memory, but I really don't think they said either of those things.

Could your expectations simply have been out of line with what was said?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/04/feb4-this-week-at-the-lvogw-homepage-post-3/
"We can’t reveal anything about this year’s LVO preview yet, save that it’s going to blow you away, whatever you collect."

Then, on the page before they revealed the preview, it said they think this preview was going to be the best ever. 

I'm not trying to nitpick, GW is going to release tons of great stuff this year for sure, but they hyped it up like they were about to drop a bomb, and many of us were expecting a new range of Darkoath or Slaanesh to be previewed, instead its a couple Khorne models and some vague announcements. I think they could have given us more to go on with this new expansion and skirmish game.

Khorne is also probably the least needed new tome in all of AoS .. Khorne is one of the most updated model ranges, and their rules are super solid right now, they just got updates in Wrath & Rapture and were one of the most solid armies post 2.0. That's a big disappointment for people who have large collections of models which have never seen a tome in AoS at all yet. Speaking of 5 years ago, if they had announced the 3rd Khorne tome in 3 years the community would be irate, each army got a new book on a 5-15 year schedule back then.

I'm just really surprised, with the two new tome announcements last week, I thought for sure they were like revving up to some head-exploding announcements. They are probably holding a lot back for a big Adepticon preview. It looks like for AoS we can expect a steady stream of new tomes with a few new models which is nice. Lots of rumors of stuff like Seraphon & Fyreslayers.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I don't beleive we will have tomes this way. They more likely say that we have a tome for Chaos when Skaven is out, a tome for destruction when gloomspite is out etc...

Technically, StD and Slanesh are new armies as they don't already have a specific battletome and too much change to tell that it is an update...

But maybe something new, out of nowhere like KO or IDK, lets hope....

Some of them will be updated, yes. But all of them???? dunno...who knows but GW? 

Well to me brand-new means they don't have anything, aka KO and IDK treatment. Of course marketing could have chosen their words badly. But assuming they know English better than I do and they want to tease people I would expect to be surprised this year. So far not many models came out and we don't really know how big Slaanesh and Slaves are going to be. If we say many tomes are coming out it is possible there is space for new things. Plus so far neither StD or Slaanesh have been confirmed for 2019...

There's also the thing about the secret being revealed, well Slaanesh is in a hidden location, I doubt, but do you guys think it may fit about the secret revealed? This space between Ulgu and Hysh?

About Deathrattle, exactly as Nighthaunt their core can be part of LoN while being split and have their own identity. In Soul Wars from Josh Reynolds Deathrattle and Deadwalkers have their own army next to Nighthaunt so it's not improbable, although so far just wishlisting... The only other link would be the Shadespire warband that as today is the only warband that cannot be played in AoS outside of a Grand Alliance army.

37 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I can't shake the feeling that Dispossessed might become a larger release somwhere i nthe fututre (perhaps even after a BT which might come soon). Since Fyreslayers represent Grimnir where as Dispossessed represent Grungni.

Fyreslayers represent Grimnir, Kharadron Overlords represent Grungni, Dispossessed represent the late (?) Valaya.

31 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Khorne is also probably the least needed new tome in all of AoS .. Khorne is one of the most updated model ranges, and their rules are super solid right now, they just got updates in Wrath & Rapture and were one of the most solid armies post 2.0. That's a big disappointment for people who have large collections of models which have never seen a tome in AoS at all yet. Speaking of 5 years ago, if they had announced the 3rd Khorne tome in 3 years the community would be irate, each army got a new book on a 5-15 year schedule back then.

From what I understand this Blades of Khorne tome is a multi-army one, allowing one to play as Bloodbound, Daemons or Generic Khorne. Maybe even Khorne Beastmen? From what I understand the old tome of 2017 was heavily Generic Khorne only. It seems like giving every sub-faction allegiance abilities is what they are going to do moving forward with Battletomes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

True... though wasn't there some story which said Grungni was back and hanging with the dispossessed somewhere?

He is in ‘Eight lamentations’ and seeing the interaction with the duardin character he’s not publicly involved. Even though he might be the Dispossessed main religion. 

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

True... though wasn't there some story which said Grungni was back and hanging with the dispossessed somewhere?

Well to be fair, the Dispossessed retain enough of the Dwarves of old to have some kinship with all 3 of their traditional ancestors.  What you'd really want to have is a similar process applied to them of the sort:

Runesmiths & Slayers -> Runes -> Grimnir -> Fyreslayers

Engineers and Thunderers -> Engineering -> Grungni -> Kharadron Overlords

Thanes and Ironbreakers and Hammerers -> Hearth and Hold ->  Valaya -> ??? Something new

At that point, you don't really need old Dwarves any more.  You've got all the themes covered with something new.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Fyreslayers represent Grimnir, Kharadron Overlords represent Grungni, Dispossessed represent the late (?) Valaya.

Kharadron have a sort of secular, post-ancestor culture (except for Barak-Thryng, who are basically Duardin Rockabillies :P ). The dispossessed seem to have a greater link to Grungni, which comes across in Spear of Shadows (they do feel a bit abandoned by him, though). Valaya would have to be a whole new faction, as she's currently forgotten. But poised for a comeback (the more I say it, the more likely it is to happen, right? That's how new age stuff works?) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Thanes and Ironbreakers and Hammerers -> Hearth and Hold ->  Valaya -> ??? Something new

Could be really interesting to see an army focused on extreme defense. heck maybe there terrain piece could just be more terrain. walls and such. 

Also I wanted to note down but the LVO announcement hid it, the Skaven have the first endless spell that does not hurt the caster when is sent back! That’s super cool and I wish there were more options like that cause predatory spells are really situational and often difficult to pull

and reconnecting to LVO, maybe Khorne artefacts work the same way? Cause you know a Order wizard pulling a Khorne prayer back to you does not make much sense...

Edited by alghero81

11 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Maybe Khorne artefacts work the same way? Cause you know a Order wizard pulling a Khorne prayer back to you does not make much sense...

True, though Khorne cares not from where the blood flows. xD

If that's the case, I wouldn't mind it having the ability to damage your troops. Might be an interesting bit of kit since Khorne generally likes things to be dying.
WHo knows, will be cool to see what, if any, innovation the book brings! Hopefully no more bloodsecrator reliance haha.

2 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Agreed, that said, I think that is how you fix Dispossessed.  By the lore, they're dwarves that have been rejected from their holds, hence the name. I think you keep the core faction and keywords, but allow them to include any other Duardin keyworded unit (so FS, KO, Iron Weld) in the army as not an ally, although they gain the dispossessed abilities (i.e. grudges for past sins against them, resolute, etc.). So those other allegiances (KO and FS) maintain their distinct character, while recognizing that even Fyreslayers can be dispossessed of their holds and find common cause in grudge-settling with their kin. 

That's not their lore. Dispossessed are not dwarves that are rejected from holds. They are the remnants of the original duardin culture that flourished during the Age of Myth. Fyreslayers evolved alongside Khazalid Empires. During the Age of Chaos, the technically adapt duardin of the Khazalid Empires escaped into the sky and evolved into the Kharadron Overlords. Those left on the ground and who survived the Chaos invasions by fleeing to Azyr became the Dispossessed. It is now the goal of the Dispossessed to retake their former Karaks from Chaos or whoever now squats there. Along the way, they also help tear down chaos forts and build Order forts and cities in their place. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I can~t shake the feeling that Dispossessed might become a larger release somwhere i nthe fututre (perhaps even after a BT which might come soon). Since Fyreslayers represent Grinir whereas Dispossessed represent Grungni.

As dispossesed/fyreslayer player i would love a batletome with every dwarf on it.

As goblins or skavens.

A tome for dispossesed,dwarfs ironweld,fyreslayers,kharadrons and dwarfs(compendiun units)

Then a global skills and so for all. And moreover each faction get their esecial traits and so

Then:2000 points

250 are old dwarfs that get the global  skills

500 are dispossesed that get global skills and moreover the grudge skills of gh

250 are ironweld that get the global skill and some other new skill for ironwelds

500 fyreslayers that get the global skill and the same runes mechanic of gh

500 kharadrons that get global skill and the same that allready have

Then each faction get also their ports and so.

People as me that love have many diferents units can play with every dwarf unit and those people who think is ugly or a attack to the lore can continue playing their monofaction fyreslayer,dispossesed etc

I think would be very cool and could increase the low sales of fyreslayer and it dont need many work or money because itnhage zero new minis

• Haha 1

Horse spell is indeed brutal, and the fence is shackles on steroids with no chance to fail. Goblet is entirely redundant, we have easier access to those effects anyway.

The Throne is a big disappointment to me, it just somewhat mitigates the command point tax we shouldn't even be burdened with in the first place to do our army's main shtick, and doesn't even work for GKOZD and GKOTG for some random reason - probably because they're mobile enough that bunching them all around the Throne during deployment isn't "enough of a drawback" to pay for the CP discount.

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Am I reading the evil ghoul horse spell right? Guaranteed 5 mortals vs 1 wound models plus the chance at d3 per roll? 

Not if you roll 1, it says that the roll need to be above the wound characteristic to be succesful.  However any 6s inflict D3 mortal wound on anything, no matter of what is  the wound charactetristic, this is the real brutality of that spell.

Edited by Sigmarusvult

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Also I wanted to note down but the LVO announcement hid it, the Skaven have the first endless spell that does not hurt the caster when is sent back! That’s super cool and I wish there were more options like that cause predatory spells are really situational and often difficult to pull

and reconnecting to LVO, maybe Khorne artefacts work the same way? Cause you know a Order wizard pulling a Khorne prayer back to you does not make much sense...

Spiderfang ignore the mortal wounds from scuttletide

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I don't mind FEC getting that horse spell. What I do mind is LoN getting that horse spell. Nagash was already too strong. 

I mean yeah, but Nagash can already do the same thing with Geminids, Pendulum, Jaws, Swords, etc. And those a similar amount of damage, or less but have debuffs. I don't think just because Wall of Horse is better against Hordes it's suddenly going to break him more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1