The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I am super excited, especially if they turn out to include daemons as well. I would like to think the guy with scroll may be some kind of support character? I would find it odd if a Tzeentch force would have anything keyword priest, so I won't say it :P

I would be really surprised if not all Chaos Gods had some sort of priest.;)

If Khorne has them, the others can get in on the priest business as well. Doesn't mean the unit needs prayers, not all priests have them. And some could well be mages as well, I think there already is a skink who is both mage and priest.

13 minutes ago, alastair said:

If it's mainly just the new Tzeentch models in the book, couldn't they still just include the daemons as part of the battalions so they're given the same allegiance? 

Depends. Battleline requirements can be pretty strict still.

10 hours ago, Mikester1487 said:

I'm going to choose to believe that sky zepplin dwarves will be a thing. All I need now is a new starter box with the new tzeentch vs the new dwarves. 

Please let it be so.

An ideal result would be something like February Tzeentch book and releases, March new steampunk duardin, April some 40K stuff, then in May a new starter set with a couple of basic units and a new character for Tzeentch and the duardin along with new terrain.

• Like 1

Skydwarves are for sure a thing. 

Most of that Tzeentch range is on a flying disc. I feel its going to be aerial warfare in Chamon with dwarf machines (i think jetpack/helicopter pack) vs the tzaangors on discs. 

That pic definitely looks like a few different kits too.

Tzaangor with mixed weapons.

Tzaangor brutes with polearms. 

Disc Tzaangors with polearm or bow. 

Disc Tzaangor hero. 

Acolytes with mixed weapons. 

Add a Ogriod Doombull hero mage. 

That feels pretty darn close to a Stormcast/Khorne bloodbound sized release.

Super Excited for this next wave though :D

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

With the name change it seems that they will add demons;  maybe a loc too?

I actually think, in terms of Warscrolls included, this will be the opposite of an Umbrella Battletome.

Meaning, while there may be Spells/Allegiance/Battallions that covers a wider number of options, the actual Warscrolls would only cover the new releases (and propably the Silver Tower Heroes), without changing any Allegiances.

I think this, because:

1) I do not believe this isn't all Tzeentch Mortals get, as there don't seem to be any mortals of Champion, Lord or Warrior rank

2) GW does not release rules without miniatures

3) This is already a pretty big release, without a wave of daemons

So what I think this is, is the first Battletome including units not named after the faction it covers. This isn't entirely new, as there are already Battletome:Chaos Dreadhold and Battletome:Dominions of Chaos, proving that Battletomes are more game expansions and not straight up traditional armybooks.

This would allow GW to expand factions without having to rerelease/reworking the self-titled battletome.

So, if, for example, GW where to release Khorgor and Bloodbound/Khorne allegiance rules, they could bring out a "Battletome:Hordes of Khorne", without including the Fluff and Rules for the existing Bloodbound line.

In previous GW gamelines that wouldn't have been possible, since unit rules and pointcosts need the occassional overhaul. But with updatable online warscolls and points online and in the GHB, a Battletome becomes mostly about Fluff, which can effectively remain valid indefinitely.

Of course, we are bound to get more definite answers soon, if not today on the livestream, so I am fully prepared to look foolish when my theory proves utterly wrong :D

• Like 1

Tzeentch book covers ALL of Tzeentch. Confirmizzled on Warhammer TV just now. Many evolutions they say.

All keyword Tzeentch covered in the book.

EDIT

Confirmed that the book doesnt just cover the keyword but if it has the keyword it can be in the army and the rules from the book can apply to that army.

I assume that means its a real evolution alright!

Almost an abandonment of small faction forces.

Edited by Turragor

19 minutes ago, Shane said:

As a Slaanesh fan, we all can.

Yup when they eventually get to slaanesh? Oh boy I like this new format I think all the factions should get it. Devoted of sigmar together with stormcast in their own tome wielding divine lore and a mixed army? Wanderer's and Sylvaneth?

Honestly I am quite curious how the second edition of the handbook is going to look like in context of the disciples of tzeentch changes. 

17 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Fingers crossed...

Yeah but considering bonesplitterz and beastclaw raiders had the same format as the sylvaneth book. I am hopeful, I did ask them in chat that Death could use a similar tome and that Death suffers similar problems to tzeentch. (Which they do magic, summoning, lack of synergy have to pull from various factions to work) 

They noted my "feedback" will be passed on to the right people. I hope *fingers crossed* I do also recall someone on this forum said they should in fact that death works well as a grand alliance of sorts and I feel this tome is playing off that. Anything tzeentch can use the tome and mix stuff together without losing the benefits of the tome. 

This way Death can keep it's similar style as been displayed in the fluff. 

Edited by shinros

5 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

I do think Death operating as a GA could be a cool move for the faction as a whole. :)

Yeah I mean the tzeentch book is over 130 pages and that is Death's strong point majority of the generals of Death are necromancers after all what I like that different generals have different command traits.  If you have a arcanite general you have your own table same with mortal and daemon. So it still has a unique take depending on who the general is and you can still mix. 

Just from the small glimpse Death can easily have a similar book case example the necromancer. The necromancer vanhel's danse marcarb can buff things across multiple factions skeleton's, zombies and mordants. I feel the disciples of tzeentch is what battletomes should be imagine if wanderer's and sylvaneth shared such a tome? 

Hell who know's in the next general handbook wanderer's might get easier access to sylvaneth stuff. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

I haven't watched the stream but from what you say I'm not sure if I like that change (grouping forces under larger labels). It's not wrong but I liked the idea that a person doesn't need 100+ figures to feel his army complete as there are only a few Fyreslayers units. Now if they are going to release "Duardin Battletome" it will cover factions that could have existed on their own. What's more I believe that could have pushed designers further as they wanted to create complete and distinctive duardin clans. Now one clan will be resposible for artillery, second for runes, last one for berzerkers or any other way. I mean - it would be bad to have 1-2 more figures released for Fyreslayers and that's all. I'd rather see Fyreslayers, Steamhead and Dispossessed each to have equal number of miniatures that can really work without mixing them eachother up.

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Not sure if this qualifies as 100% AoS related but HOLY ****** I NEED THAT NEW HALFLING MODEL

RqMF2qV.jpg

Happy to pay for models and shipping if anyone is feeling kind enough to pick these up for a poor Yank stranded across the pond!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I haven't watched the stream but from what you say I'm not sure if I like that change (grouping forces under larger labels). It's not wrong but I liked the idea that a person doesn't need 100+ figures to feel his army complete as there are only a few Fyreslayers units. Now if they are going to release "Duardin Battletome" it will cover factions that could have existed on their own. What's more I believe that could have pushed designers further as they wanted to create complete and distinctive duardin clans. Now one clan will be resposible for artillery, second for runes, last one for berzerkers or any other way. I mean - it would be bad to have 1-2 more figures released for Fyreslayers and that's all. I'd rather see Fyreslayers, Steamhead and Dispossessed each to have equal number of miniatures that can really work without mixing them eachother up.

I hope we are still going to have what you say. I think there will still be bonuses for being specific i.e Fyreslayers. I think this way however allows you to expand if you want to without taking a generic GA penalty. I.e Fyrelslayers will get a duardin bonus for taking Steampunk or Disposessed. Which brings them together more rather than currently having a Fyreslayer army with Disspossessed no different from a fireslayers army with sylvaneth

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I might be biased as I play the army that only functions if you ignore individual factions and play as a Grand Alliance, but having different factions or races work together in sensible ways seems like a good idea to me. It doesn't mean that the individual factions themselves are now meaningless.