The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Am I crazy or does it seem like they are going to be making larger factions going forward? More traditional WHFB armies like Seraphon and less small factions like Stormcast Extremis.

Wouldn't call the Stormcast Extremis a small faction, more like an add on to the regular Stormcast seeing as they share the same keywords.

13 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Am I crazy or does it seem like they are going to be making larger factions going forward? More traditional WHFB armies like Seraphon and less small factions like Stormcast Extremis.

That's what it looks like to me since the battletome is called disciples of tzeentch. I bet in the second edition handbook the god dedicated armies are going to be one big happy family. Since it seems a lot of people have problems with how battleline is handled in terms of factions. 

Also if this is the case I can rest easy with Death. 

22 minutes ago, PJetski said:

They have been very unpredictable with faction sizes. Going in, Stormcast, Bloodbound and Seraphon where very big factions, with Stormcast further expanding through Extremis Chamber, and Bloodbound with Slaves to Darkness being so easy to bring in.

But then there came the small to tiny Fyreslayers, Everchosen and Ironjaws. Meanwhile Sylvaneth where midling.

And then, to top it of, came the no new model Battletomes, widening small to tiny factions into slightly bigger factions.

Meanwhile there has been a lot of hopping around between making moves that make Grand Alliance armies a real proposition and those that pretty much shut them down.

It will be really interesting to see where this Battletome shifts things, but I wouldn't expect it to be a set-in-stone precedent for further developements any more than previous battletomes have been.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

They have been very unpredictable with faction sizes. Going in, Stormcast, Bloodbound and Seraphon where very big factions, with Stormcast further expanding through Extremis Chamber, and Bloodbound with Slaves to Darkness being so easy to bring in.

But then there came the small to tiny Fyreslayers, Everchosen and Ironjaws. Meanwhile Sylvaneth where midling.

And then, to top it of, came the no new model Battletomes, widening small to tiny factions into slightly bigger factions.

Meanwhile there has been a lot of hopping around between making moves that make Grand Alliance armies a real proposition and those that pretty much shut them down.

It will be really interesting to see where this Battletome shifts things, but I wouldn't expect it to be a set-in-stone precedent for further developements any more than previous battletomes have been.

I do think the second edition of the general handbook will be the direction the game will go down towards. I can easily see them folding in the wanderer's with the sylvaneth(example) if the theories are true that it's going to be a "tzeentch" allegiance book. Since it's called "Disciplines of tzeentch" it's a very open term instead of "Tzeentch Arcanites" I feel. 

You have humans, beastmen and possibly(high likely) daemons together in one book. 

We will just have to wait and see. 

Edited by shinros

Just now, daedalus81 said:

No - there was a 360 of him on twitch.  That piece is nowhere to be found.  The cloak and the beak soul portal are also absent.

No - there was a 360 of him on twitch.  That piece is nowhere to be found.  The cloak and the beak soul portal are also absent.

Daedalus81 is triply sure of this. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daedalus81 said:

Daedalus what happened? xD

Still I am quite excited for this release, since tzeentch and his lore was my introduction to warhammer table top. 

6 minutes ago, shinros said:

Still I am quite excited for this release, since tzeentch and his lore was my introduction to warhammer table top. 

Me too, although Chaos Warriors were my original army, It was Tzeench Beastmen I properly learned to play with , so you can imagine I'm rather pleased with this upcoming release, a good 12 (ish) years later, and I finally have proper Tzaangor models :)

16 minutes ago, Shadowheart said:

Me too, although Chaos Warriors were my original army, It was Tzeench Beastmen I properly learned to play with , so you can imagine I'm rather pleased with this upcoming release, a good 12 (ish) years later, and I finally have proper Tzaangor models :)

Same although I am going to miss my heavily armored warriors.  Here's to hoping they have 2 wounds like they used to.  Having ranged units on disks makes it all better though.

Remember the 'chaos punk archers' from Battlemasters?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

The apparent edge of the beak soul portal be seen on the top of the disk-riding tzaangor.  The cloak is probably a later release we haven't seen yet.  

7 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

The apparent edge of the beak soul portal be seen on the top of the disk-riding tzaangor.  The cloak is probably a later release we haven't seen yet.  

I'm guessing the "cloak" is part of the "Gangs of Commorrogh" DEldar book that we saw the cover of in the WD leak. 

Tzeentch is going to be a big release for that army. Not just new models, but a Magic heavy army getting a spell lore is good news, especially after Rules of 1 hit them hard. Tzeentch based shooting armies are already pretty good, this will just be a nice boost.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I am not certain of that.  The disks are more organic and the colors used differ as well, but are in the same overall scheme.

The rumor pic feels very structural/carved.

Additionally these Tzaangors are being held up by plastic flames where this seems to indicate a flying base insert.

dJvl0bT.png

Edited by daedalus81