The Rumour Thread

I am just going to prop up and say they changed the name of the tzeentch army most likely re doing it. We all thought well many of us thought they will call the tome "Tzeentch Arcanites" but instead they call the tome "Disciples of Tzeentch" and this is going to be a new "take" on battletomes. 

I am kinda glad Death has not been done yet perhaps they did not do it yet because as I have said Death is in a strange place and some of the factions are well... strange. Lore wise in the books Death still fight the same as we know em. 

Perhaps this battletome will have a mix of daemons as well? I mean hell they are mixing beastmen and humans I suspect the same will happen to Death. We have to wait and see tomorrow. 

Edited by shinros

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Perhaps this battletome will have a mix of daemons as well? I mean hell they are mixing beastmen and humans I suspect the same will happen to Death. We have to wait and see tormorrow. 

I suspect it will. Given that they just changed the rules for Pink Horrors in 40k in order to properly introduce Blue/Brimstones Horrors, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the book is dedicated to that kind of thing. I assume it'll also include Tzeentch allegiance abilities/spells, because daemons badly need them too to rescue Pink Horrors from the rule of 1.

Honestly, I wouldn't say no to a full refresh of the daemon warscrolls. There's some janky stuff in there, particularly when it comes to summoning. They really need to fix the Ogroid Thaumaturge's spell for matched play, for one.

1 minute ago, CJPT said:

I suspect it will. Given that they just changed the rules for Pink Horrors in 40k in order to properly introduce Blue/Brimstones Horrors, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the book is dedicated to that kind of thing. I assume it'll also include Tzeentch allegiance abilities/spells, because daemons badly need them too to rescue Pink Horrors from the rule of 1.

Honestly, I wouldn't say no to a full refresh of the daemon warscrolls. There's some janky stuff in there, particularly when it comes to summoning. They really need to fix the Ogroid Thaumaturge's spell for matched play, for one.

Yup tzeentch suffers from a similar problem just like Death, weird summoning, magic etc hell neferata has to pay to convert heroes in vampires. >_< 

Plus not being able to make use of multiple spells and some formations allow you to cast more of the same spell. Yet general handbook keeps you from using it. So I am excited for this tome and the lore. 

Oh and one thing we know for sure? New dwarfs are coming! 

6 minutes ago, Malin said:

We know this from?

What else could the rumor leak be? the first one with the dwarf rune on it? Also lore wise all the dwarf holds have been abandoned in chamon and in the recent campaign book the same campaign book where it said tzeentch is coming to wreck stuff, Grungi just up an left sigmar one day and vanished. Sigmar is wondering where he is. If my memory also serves me right sparks are said to be seen in the skies of chamon. 

So what else could it be? Save new dwarf release? Just like how Ghyran was slyvaneth vs nurgle. I suspect it's going to be tzeentch vs dwarfs and slaanesh vs Aelves in the future. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

I am just going to prop up and say they changed the name of the tzeentch army most likely re doing it. We all thought well many of us thought they will call the tome "Tzeentch Arcanites" but instead they call the tome "Disciples of Tzeentch" and this is going to be a new "take" on battletomes. 

Please make this mean that it will be an Allegiance Pack for Tzeentch!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nico said:

Please make this mean that it will be an Allegiance Pack for Tzeentch!

I hope so. 

I think this is the case because when GW asked for feedback on the next edition of the handbook, many people had problems with battleline requirements for certain factions and Tzeentch and Death was mentioned the most in people's comments also magic and summoning as well. Hell they most likely look through the books everyday along with the warhmmer tv team I suspect they knew many of our concerns before we said it. 

The amount of options this tome will possibly have is HUGE along with slaves to darkness and being able to take the mark of tzeentch.  

Edited by shinros

2 minutes ago, Nico said:

I'm buying certain models instantly if it's Tzeentch Allegiance.

Considering beastmen are in there and possibly daemons I hope this is the case let us all pray to the god of change that this is the case in tomorrows stream. 

If this is true I suspect the other gods will get the same treatment in the next edition of the handbook. 

Edited by shinros

There's also the Tzeentch Sorceror Lord, who is visually consistent with the Gaunt Summoner/acolytes but doesn't have the Arcanites keyword. And his spell summons Chaos Spawn, which only optionally have the Tzeentch keyword. And then there are, y'know, Daemon Princes of Tzeentch, which don't have the Arcanite keyword either.

Basically, if it's not Tzeentch allegiance than GW have just given themselves (and us) a headache.

7 minutes ago, Mikosan said:

Where do I sign up? 

Really looking forward to Warhammer TV for some sneak peaks!

twitch.com/warhammer

23 minutes ago, Malin said:

We know this from?

Like mentioned the leaked pic is a big clue as well as fluff pointing to Tzeentch operating in the same realm as Duardin.