The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean Skaven, FEC, Slaanesh, and Darkoath is already a lot of tomes to begin with (if rumors are true), granted I do expect the Chaos release to be somewhat spaced from one and another. and there always a chance that there a stormcast Battletome this year.

And GG.  They were 2019 too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean Skaven, FEC, Slaanesh, and Darkoath is already a lot of tomes to begin with (if rumors are true), granted I do expect the Chaos release to be somewhat spaced from one and another. and there always a chance that there a stormcast Battletome this year.

I just hope the FEC get some new models. They really need to flesh-out that range some.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

I just hope the FEC get some new models. They really need to flesh-out that range some.

I don't know if it's been covered before but this was an idea I had re flesheaters.

Seeing as the fluff says how they are delusional and think they are chivalrous  knights, introduce some ghoul cavalry of some sort.

Then allow all bretonian models to be flesh eater courts (no conversion required).

If you use bretonian models, that represents how they see themselves, if you use the ghoulish models that's how the world sees them.

• LOVE IT! 3

9 minutes ago, Retro said:

I don't know if it's been covered before but this was an idea I had re flesheaters.

Seeing as the fluff says how they are delusional and think they are chivalrous  knights, introduce some ghoul cavalry of some sort.

Then allow all bretonian models to be flesh eater courts (no conversion required).

If you use bretonian models, that represents how they see themselves, if you use the ghoulish models that's how the world sees them.

Yeah, I had this thought too. I think it would be realistic if they implemented Morathi-like dual-model units in certain places.

Like, they could sell a noble regent model: an optional upgrade which is your Ghoul King when first deployed, having rules representing their enchanting presence (simulating how their enemies can't help but fall under the madness), with a mechanic for transformation after they're damaged.  You'd probably have a foot version and then a pegasus monarch to represent the mounted ghoul king. 

I think this would make a great two-piece terrain kit. One half is the 'Royal Marquee', a regal tent outpost for a lord's hunting party with wealthy amenities. Then you have its true form: a 'Carrion Cave' where the ghouls pile up the bones of victims. The opportunities for fun mechanics there goes without saying. 

I hope they run with the delusion idea, it's one of AoS's better lore additions. 

• Like 1

In the past one edition of fantasy had heroes with separate mount profiles. The idea being that your hero or its mount could be a separate target and if the mount died the hero would then go on foot. I don't think it lasted long enough to generate many duel kit mounted and unmounted models (I think High Elves got some but otherwise not many others). Of course some armies made up for it by having quite a wide variety of lords on foot and then one on a mount so you could just use two models. 

It was a neat idea though I don't know if it lasted much beyond one edition of the rules. 

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

To be honest 2019 will be fairly light on aos I think

They already stated this year will be bigger.

Also, im certain KO and Sylvaneth will be getting something this year. Every nightvault warband has coincided with incoming releases for their faction.

Edited by Ungface
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Do we have any more news on gutbusters? I’m sorry I just have about 30 of them and want to know when I should begin rebasing.

All we really know is that those of us who applied for the GW game designer job had to work up alligiance abilities for gutbusters as the assessment exercise. 

The implication was that it wasn't a faction that the design studio had done much with, but whoever got that job could well have run with whatever they came up with. So i wouldn't expect it very soob, given their usual turnaround, but could well happen on a medium timescale (whatever that may be...) 

Hi all,

I am new here and this is my first post, so I hope I am  posting in the right place.

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and I wanted to point out something I find stunning. During the ET (did not read the books, only some summaries) Lileath sends Araloth into a pocket dimension she created for him to become the new Asuryan and start the Warhammer cycle anew. However things take a bad turn and it remains unclear what happens with this place.

Well recently I discovered this blog:

https://www.strengthhammer.net/2018/05/tin-foil-hat-hysh-and-haven-of-lileath.html

The author argues that Lileath's hidden world might indeed have survived and became the base for Hysh. Adding to that there recently was the following conversation on FB :

I do not know how to embed this in here, but the staff answered quote

"Well, we haven't revealed all just yet..."

The more I think about this theory the more likely it seems to me.  Hope you found that bit interesting.

Regards

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Ungface said:

Also, im certain KO and Sylvaneth will be getting something this year. Every nightvault warband has coincided with incoming releases for their faction.

not exactly true, DoT warband didn't coincided with any known or rumor release so far. though 5 out of 6 warband isn't bad I guess

I also doubt the release for this year could be bigger than 2018 just because last year was a release of new edition of AoS and had fewer 40k releases

41 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

All we really know is that those of us who applied for the GW game designer job had to work up alligiance abilities for gutbusters as the assessment exercise.

Curious, do you know if anyone posted their submissions/ talked about their vision regarding those allegiance abilities? Seems like a fun read if they have!

1 hour ago, Ungface said:

Could be, I don’t believe it though. 

I think the correlation starts earlier. Every harbringer of the malign portents was an indication of a faction update with an underworld warband. 

Ordinator= new stormcast with two chambers opening.  Knight of Shrouds= new ghosts. Fungoid = moonclan gits. Darkoath queen = an upcoming release. 

I really think that will be all the new models you can expect because of the warbands. Besides no underworld warband from an existing faction has meant new models besides the warband itself. But we’ll see 😁

47 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Curious, do you know if anyone posted their submissions/ talked about their vision regarding those allegiance abilities? Seems like a fun read if they have!

Mine were in the destruction subforums. Only after the job application had closed and I was unsuccessful.

1 hour ago, Ungface said:

Not Deathrattle if we go back in time with Shadespire...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Could be, I don’t believe it though. 

I think the correlation starts earlier. Every harbringer of the malign portents was an indication of a faction update with an underworld warband. 

Ordinator= new stormcast with two chambers opening.  Knight of Shrouds= new ghosts. Fungoid = moonclan gits. Darkoath queen = an upcoming release. 

I really think that will be all the new models you can expect because of the warbands. Besides no underworld warband from an existing faction has meant new models besides the warband itself. But we’ll see 😁

The thing that makes it a possibility in my eyes is that, as far as I'm aware,  all the models for Underworlds represent existing units in AoS, or units that will exist at least (Though this was more true for Shadespire than it is for Nightvault, where Mollog is a distinct type of Dankhold Troggoth, and the Briar Queen is a wholly unique character).  But in any case it looks like the Sylvaneth warband are going to include some kind of revenant with a bow, which could certainly just be a standalone thing for Underworlds, but to me suggests the possibility of an expansion for the Sylvaneth range to match.

18 hours ago, Nos said:

Less about money they make, more about the money they will lose if they get sued for hosting information which GW deem commercially sensitive.

Its perfectly understandable.

I don't wanna start something but...

The disclaimer for a forum is that the owner is not responsible for what user may post.

Can you imagine Facebook or Twitter getting sued for what user are posting ?

Technically 90% of Pinterest should be removed because of copyrights.

But again i just leave it at that and we move on.

35 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I don't wanna start something but...

The disclaimer for a forum is that the owner is not responsible for what user may post.

Can you imagine Facebook or Twitter getting sued for what user are posting ?

Technically 90% of Pinterest should be removed because of copyrights.

But again i just leave it at that and we move on.

Not being responsible for others behaviour and accepting all behaviour are two very different things though. 

But I’ll just leave it at that and we move on ( which is a brilliant way to end an argument ;) ) 

• Like 2

Does anybody have any idea when the next big event is that could have more AoS related reveals? I've not found a nice overview of 2019 yet with all the major events like nova, adepticon,... where they usually do these types of reveal seminars. 

10 hours ago, novakai said:

not exactly true, DoT warband didn't coincided with any known or rumor release so far. though 5 out of 6 warband isn't bad I guess

I also doubt the release for this year could be bigger than 2018 just because last year was a release of new edition of AoS and had fewer 40k releases

I think that shadespire was a mix of new and fan-favorite factions, and Nightvault à mix of new AoS and upcoming factions.

At this point it is 110% spéculation, but concerning Tzeentch, I could see demonic terrain release along the rumoured Kill team Inquisition expansion.

Concerning the Malign portents follow-up, do you think à campaign book could be released along with the upcoming generic endless spells ?