The Rumour Thread

Don't go mad.

Like I said before, this last week we didn't have anything for this forum (not even the thuesday sneak peak from the community team gave us a lot to talk). At least we had some fun chats about "supposed rumours" (but they become worthless in the end). That's how this things works, if the main company don't feed us, we become hungry for news and every wishlist has some potential to become a rumour. I'm not saying that it's GW fault (we are not talking about that here), but in the end, all of this helps this thread to be alive (anyone reads other fantasy forums? That's what I'm saying). 

We had some fun and duardins have the Big first Grudge written in the Big Book, imho, that doesn't feel like we had a bad ending with this "affair".

• Sad 1

well whole gutbuster tome would be to left field to release right around this time and as Rpg player, his bluff checks get really ridiculous around last few posts as one month to book and they gonna release 200 new models.  I mean there are bluffs and there is baiting someone and turning them into fools sorry @Ndabreaker but last few pages feel like baiting for me. I can get behind dispossed tome but numbers feel like to bid for current schedule. 

5 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Yeah i agree.

This is ridiculous.  I have never seen a hockey forum where they aren't allowed to talk hockey.

This happens when side owners are concerned about their couple of pennies they make.

But having advertisement banners that link to cheap knock off dice for Age of Sigmar is perfectly fine.

It's always like that. A page made from fans for fans gets offered 4$ per month and then turns into a circus.

Less about money they make, more about the money they will lose if they get sued for hosting information which GW deem commercially sensitive.

Its perfectly understandable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

This is why I asked it to be stopped. It’s wasnt rumour mongering.  It was baiting and trolling. 

Thats very fair Ben, however all I hear is a guy who is afraid to express his feelings towards the colour Beige! 

So whats it gonna be o mighty one. Are you on team beige or not🙂

26 minutes ago, Nos said:

Less about money they make, more about the money they will lose if they get sued for hosting information which GW deem commercially sensitive.

Its perfectly understandable.

Well that's not the point.

Read Ben's post last page ; he just investigated on NDAbreaker and discovered he was fake. There was never any consideration of GW suing TGA...

@Kurrilino Ben made this website. Thanks to him we have a rumor thread, posters like LLV coming here, etc.

And please, show me an occurence of admin or a mod  coming to the rumor thread (that they allowed to reach like 800+ pages) and try to silence someone ?

The never, ever, did that.. Your overreaction is out of place.

Honestly I am very disappointed by the posters who unilaterally believed a new, unknown poster's accusations of being "silenced" without asking for more informations... That's not the spirit of this forum at all. But I guess we're on the internet. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Ben said:

This is why I asked it to be stopped. It’s wasnt rumour mongering.  It was baiting and trolling. 

Can we play with the burning brands and pitchforks now? I think I've still got some left! 

Shame that it was all lies - still leaves us exactly where we were before - waiting with baited breath to see what the mighty GW can unleash for us! 

45 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Read Ben's post last page ; he just investigated on NDAbreaker and discovered he was fake. There was never any consideration of GW suing TGA...

@Kurrilino Ben made this website. Thanks to him we have a rumor thread, posters like LLV coming here, etc.

And please, show me an occurence of admin or a mod  coming to the rumor thread (that they allowed to reach like 800+ pages) and try to silence someone ?

Honestly I am very disappointed by the posters who unilaterally believed a new, unknown poster's accusations of being "silenced" without asking for more informations... That's not the spirit of this forum at all. But I guess we're on the internet. 

It may not be “the point” but even in the event that it was it would be an entirely understandable course of action to take. 

Bottom line, irrespective of the sites ethos or whatever, the owner of it is free to do as they wish, at any point. This is coming from someone who got banned over something that seemed ridiculous from my perspective but regardless I never objected to it or otherwise or brought it up etc because it’s not my site. Owner can do as they wish. 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

But I gotta ask, why is the site owner "investigating"  into the rumours?

Not the first time we got fake rumours about anything, certainly not the last, and soon enough he would be proven right or wrong. And we did get around talking about rumours.

I'm with Hollow Hills here.

These days "rumour" sites just repost WHC news and do previews of the stuff they get for signing an NDA.

So yeah sorry if I take rumours and this kind of "investigations" with a pinch of salt.

I'm glad the rumours are allegedly fake, it means Darkoath might come sooner, and I was sure sylvaneth will get a ranged unit and an updated tome this year. 

But yeah it's Ben site and he can do whatever, even if I don't agree with how things are run around here. ;)

Edited by Sete
  • Like 1

Just to note for those who don't know but checking the IP address of a poster on most forums takes around 5 to 10 seconds to perform and the software will likely have the ability to search and compare the IP address of all other members of the site to compare. Ergo the investigation likely took not more than "hey this guy likely has an alternate account" and about three or four mouse clicks. 

It was likely sparked by the person changing the rumours and coming up with so many all at once - I don't think we've ever before had a years worth of GW's release schedule revealed; so that in itself likely sparked the fire that made mods take a little bit of a closer look. 

In the end a user trolling the site was identified and their alternate account removed and their primary likely now flagged for watching; good things for the community and we are back to twiddling our thumbs waiting for more rumours. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

So, after we now know that NDA did drop a wishlist instead of a rumour in, what 'rumours' can be dropped? Seraphon, Gutbuster, Dispossesed? Darkoath seem to be pretty much confirmed by GW due to new Warband and Harbringer. What about other rumours?

Btw., It´s quite interessting how the amount of leaks/rumours dropped in the last time. I know that during the last years 40k-madness releases went on so quick, that we had a lot of spoilers like 1-2 Weeks ahead for that game. Can it be that GW shut down the Leaks-Department? Has Brexit already tossed the company to a point at which the potatoe-cam had been eaten? :(

24 minutes ago, Sete said:

Not the first time we got fake rumours about anything, certainly not the last, and soon enough he would be proven right or wrong. And we did get around talking about rumours.

These days "rumour" sites just repost WHC news and do previews of the stuff they get for signing an NDA.

So yeah sorry if I take rumours and this kind of "investigations" with a pinch of salt.

I'm glad the rumours are allegedly fake, it means Darkoath might come sooner, and I was sure sylvaneth will get a ranged unit and an updated tome this year. 

But yeah it's Ben site and he can do whatever, even if I don't agree with how things are run around here. ;)

I don't get you here Sete.

Everyone interested in AOS should be investigating AOS rumors, because we love rumors and are interested in them, and don't want to be lied to ? Ben, like some of us, probably just wanted to check the accuracy of a totally new and unknown poster.

Saying otherwise would just mean you just take everything you hear without any salt or critical mind.

In the end, NDAbreaker lied to us, which is pretty bad IMO. You should be thankful someone debunked his fake rumors, not salty over it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those Gutbusters rumours really motivated me to work on and expand my Ogor army. Now that it turns out it was not true, strangely, I haven't lost any of that motivation. It made me realise what really was the army for me. The thought that someday we might get a lovingly written (or just plain written) battletome will keep me going.

In conclusion: gw give fatties

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Las Vegas Open next weekend so don't think we have to wait too long for the next patch of releases/rumours...

On the 40k side of things, we should get Vigilus II / Primaris / Black Legion & Abaddon teasers...

For AOS, I really don't know.

The last 2 Underworlds warbands ? The 2 new "confirmed" armies (Darkoath or Slaanesh) ? Maybe the new Battletomes for AOS1-armies.

On the Warhammer World New year Open day, GW said there would be a follow-up for Soul Wars, so maybe a new campaign supplement (with Order scenery pleeease) ?!

1 hour ago, Sete said:

This is same absurd response we were getting when we called the whole thing fishy and wrong. People are so desperate about rumours that they do not want to be told they are false. I simple cannot follow that logic. To me, the first thing you should check about a rumour is whether it is believable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2