The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

I think you forgot the new books where the Celestant-Prime rebels and tries to kill Sigmar, but only cripple him. Now Sigmar sits, impotent, on a golden throne while the Celestant-Prime takes half the Stormcast and starts worshipping the Chaos Gods. I heard the title will be The Prime Heresy or something.

Why do I have a sort of salty taste in my mouth now...?

/s

Don't give them ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Okay.... just to steer this back on course now....

At the moment we have the following rumours (in no order, from no particular source and I'm going to miss some stuff)

• New models for Skaven and a bumper Battletome combining them into one book (new models 100% due to Carrion Feast Box)
  • New Models for Flesh Eater Courts and Battletome (new models 100% due to Carrion Feast Box)
  • Seraphon Battletome (March/April 2019)
  • Darkoath Release (Summer 2019)
  • Slaanesh Release (ooh err missus ;) )
  • Gutbusters Battletome
  • Duardin Battletome
  • Light Aelves

I think that's it. Now just food for thought but I suspect some of these may become White Dwarf rules that end up in the General's Handbook later this year and may never ever get a full release. If I was GW, that's the way I would tackle some of the older factions now and concentrate on new things but time will tell. I never ever thought we would see a AOS 2 last year and was proven wrong, so what do I know! ;) 

Now looking at how GW drop titbits for us to consume in our rumour gullets, one thing we can do is look at some events coming up where they could do some announcements. The LVO (Las Vegas Open) is next weekend but I don't think GW are going this year as it looks like the LVO are doing their own coverage via Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/frontlinegaming_tv) but there will be Hobby Seminars with Chris Peach (https://docs.google.com/document/d/16K8di83_jE_9--z0yq1wHgi0Y8Le2m0tXBFDfWrXBsI/edit). Also it looks like there won't be a big Adepticon presence this year either.

So looking at the Warhammer World Calendar (https://s20889.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018-public-calendar-16.01.19.pdf), there seems to be a few TBAs but I don't think we will see any 'proper' open day type events until May or June (Plus UK Games Expo if they are doing a seminar). I still suspect we will see things drop out via Facebook and Youtube though ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Now looking at how GW drop titbits for us to consume in our rumour gullets, one thing we can do is look at some events coming up where they could do some announcements. The LVO (Las Vegas Open) is next weekend but I don't think GW are going this year as it looks like the LVO are doing their own coverage via Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/frontlinegaming_tv) but there will be Hobby Seminars with Chris Peach (https://docs.google.com/document/d/16K8di83_jE_9--z0yq1wHgi0Y8Le2m0tXBFDfWrXBsI/edit). Also it looks like there won't be a big Adepticon presence this year either.

Now I’m starting to doubt myself. I think I remember that in the chat on the twitch stream the host jokingly said something along the lines of: ‘ I would reveal something at a certain event coming soon if I was GW’ in response to a question in the chat. 

Byt if they don’t have their own moment in the sun there I might have misremembered or misunderstood. :/ 

Edited by Kramer

7 hours ago, Kugane said:

Be careful with waylandgames. I've had bad experiences on 3 occassions out of 5. Twice waiting times of ~3 months and one time of damaged goods due to bad packaging (box got crushed in the mail). They are cheap for a reason it seems, but larger orders seem difficult for them to manage. They do refund quickly if requested though :). 

My personal experience of them has been that they are often slower on shipping out orders than many others, however I've never had trouble with dealing with their customer service. A damaged box from being crushed in the mail I'd say is the shipping companies fault not Waylands. Their old website (a good few years back now) was very iffy on showing stock levels so you could get caught out waiting a long while for a shipment; however their store as of today is pretty accurate with reporting their stock.

If its not in stock you can wait a good week or two. thus far the only thing I've had that took months to arrive from them was an order for some models that were out of normal production and only being cast on an ad-hock basis (with no confirmation that they'd be recast again). So it wasn't Waylands issue. 

They've always been good with offering any refunds (the long wait order they offered to refund but I chose to wait, and I think there was 1 pot of paint that they couldn't get one time). 

I consider them trustworthy, but a little slower than ideal. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

My personal experience of them has been that they are often slower on shipping out orders than many others, however I've never had trouble with dealing with their customer service. A damaged box from being crushed in the mail I'd say is the shipping companies fault not Waylands. Their old website (a good few years back now) was very iffy on showing stock levels so you could get caught out waiting a long while for a shipment; however their store as of today is pretty accurate with reporting their stock.

If its not in stock you can wait a good week or two. thus far the only thing I've had that took months to arrive from them was an order for some models that were out of normal production and only being cast on an ad-hock basis (with no confirmation that they'd be recast again). So it wasn't Waylands issue. 

They've always been good with offering any refunds (the long wait order they offered to refund but I chose to wait, and I think there was 1 pot of paint that they couldn't get one time). 

I consider them trustworthy, but a little slower than ideal. 

I'm glad you didnt run into any big issues :). I personally decided to avoid them and stick with (more expensive) alternatives since I got burned badly twice with the 3 month wait for GW products.  Each time being told that they are in stock and about to be shipped when I asked what was taking so long.

The boxes that got crushed were shipped in a cardboard envelope rather than a proper box. The kind of envelope you normally ship a book in. So while it is the shipping company's fault, I still think its a set up for disaster given how fragile GW product is nowadays lol.

Their prices though! They are one of the cheapest on the market haha xD. If stuff has improved, I may give them another chance when the Skaven stuff is up for sale.

Edited by Kugane

So the recent rumours suggest that a lot of AOS 1 books will be updated in one week releases and that Skaven will get a small release this year and a big one next year. So Carrion armoured aside maybe the ‘small’ release will just be an updated Pestilins Battletome?

I think their prices are part why they have stock issues - I think they hit their stock ordering limits with their distributors so I think that has a knock on effect with them then taking longer to restock items. 

If they were in stock and not shipping it sounds like you ordered from them quite a few years ago with their old website which I don't think was tied to their inventory automatically or very well. Back then I think the "in stock" icon actually meant "in stock or we can order it" which would surprise anyone who suddenly wound up waiting on an order - esp if then the order took longer to arrive. Of course that's just based on my experiences with them; since their big website update I've found their stock level reporting to be pretty accurate. 

Edit - and in full fairness the order I placed yesterday shipped today from Wayland. 

Edited by Overread

1 minute ago, Xelotath said:

So the recent rumours suggest that a lot of AOS 1 books will be updated in one week releases and that Skaven will get a small release this year and a big one next year. So Carrion armoured aside maybe the ‘small’ release will just be an updated Pestilins Battletome?

I sort of hope its not, if only because that would set in stone the idea that skaven will get individual clan battletomes. I'd far rather they gave them a universal update in advance of a new unified tome. It might be as simple as giving skaven the ability to take any other clan skaven keyword armies without the allies limit and then providing a few battalions and an alliance ability or two. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think their prices are part why they have stock issues - I think they hit their stock ordering limits with their distributors so I think that has a knock on effect with them then taking longer to restock items. 

If they were in stock and not shipping it sounds like you ordered from them quite a few years ago with their old website which I don't think was tied to their inventory automatically or very well. Back then I think the "in stock" icon actually meant "in stock or we can order it" which would surprise anyone who suddenly wound up waiting on an order - esp if then the order took longer to arrive. Of course that's just based on my experiences with them; since their big website update I've found their stock level reporting to be pretty accurate. 

Edit - and in full fairness the order I placed yesterday shipped today from Wayland. 

Thats great! Really fast. I ran into issues during summer promotions (extra 5% extra discount) myself. I will give them a try in the future =).

Either way, we should probably go back to rumors! :D Really hope next week we see more about those Skaven models.

36 minutes ago, Overread said:

I sort of hope its not, if only because that would set in stone the idea that skaven will get individual clan battletomes. I'd far rather they gave them a universal update in advance of a new unified tome. It might be as simple as giving skaven the ability to take any other clan skaven keyword armies without the allies limit and then providing a few battalions and an alliance ability or two. 

That would be interesting and I certainly think that should at least happen with clanrats. I feel Pestilins are quite distinct from the other skaven though and as they have their own Battletome already my feeling is that they will stay that way. I expect Skryre will keep their allegiance and be in the back of the Skaven Battletome much like Soulblight and then the book will have options to mix and match like you said. 

Just my (un) edjucated guesswork though. At least we can take away that Skaven are coming and that’s exciting

In fairness I think we've seen all the new skaven we will see for a while - ergo the new Engineer. The only risk/worry I've got is that the new duel box is all Clan Skyre. Part of me REALLY hopes this is just GW providing a theme with some big models and not in advance of Clan Skyre battletome. 

Ok so its a sneaky preview photo so I don't think I can show it here but over on Dakka there's a post showing rats with bombs strapped to them wearing candles on their heads by Forgeworld. It's a pet of the Cawdor (sp) gang from Necromunda, but I'd wager they'd find a happy home with some skaven after some unique ratties!

• LOVE IT! 1

57 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

I believe this also had a model release attached from @Ndabreakers post. Something like a DoK level release to include a few  kits. Unless I'm remembering wrong!

New models would be great, but even if they just grouped the rest of the ogors in a battletome I'd be happy. If them and Skaven got books, we'd have the supported stuff of 3 out of 4 Grand Alliances were all the factions in production(sorry greenskins and gitmob) are supported by books(Death is there already and this would catch up Destruction and Chaos). Then by one metric, Order would be worst supported and every one would certainly stop complaining about all the attention Order gets.

7 minutes ago, PJetski said:

All releases for the foreseeable future are based on the Factions section of ageofsigmar.com

Currently Gutbusters don't have enough units to justify a Battletome, so it stands to reason they will get some new models

Gutbusters have: 9 different units. 11 if you count firebelly and maneaters.

Ironjawz had 8 units. 9 including the shadespire warband.

Beastclaw had 10. 6 of those are variations of the same kit.

In conclusion: gw give fatties

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

Gutbusters have: 9 different units. 11 if you count firebelly and maneaters.

Ironjawz had 8 units. 9 including the shadespire warband.

Beastclaw had 10. 6 of those are variations of the same kit.

In conclusion: gw give fatties

I don't know many people that are happy with the unit variety in Ironjawz and Beastclaw Raiders (or Fyreslayers, for that matter)

26 minutes ago, Ndabreaker said:

Sorry guys I will not be posting any more rumours. Have been asked to stop by Ben. I believe someone messaged him saying I was someone else. 

I dont know who Mark is but watch your back mate someones got it in for you. 

Cheers guys its been great talking to you all the last few days. Still a great website but certainly a few nasty people here. About to get banned so good bye

Bye, and thanks for the latest rumours.

6 hours ago, PJetski said:

All releases for the foreseeable future are based on the Factions section of ageofsigmar.com

Currently Gutbusters don't have enough units to justify a Battletome, so it stands to reason they will get some new models

I wouldn't really put much weight behind this website, I don't think they put much effort into this part.  Doesn't have "gloomspite" for example, just "grots"

1 hour ago, Ndabreaker said:

Sorry guys I will not be posting any more rumours. Have been asked to stop by Ben. I believe someone messaged him saying I was someone else. 

Cheers guys its been great talking to you all the last few days. Still a great website but certainly a few nasty people here. About to get banned so good bye

By asking you to stop (or banning you) he's really done nothing but lend credence to your rumors... Thanks again for sharing... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ndabreaker said:

So TGA has a rumor thread and you get asked to stop sharing rumors... wonderful judgment by the mods.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, svnvaldez said:

So TGA has a rumor thread and you get asked to stop sharing rumors... wonderful judgment by the mods.

Considering that people have lost jobs over rumours in the past its not totally surprising if someone is spreading a significant number all at once. It's rare that we'd get a years worth of releases in one big rumour go - normally one gets a bit here or a bit there of what might be coming; even then the shifting schedule and department differences makes for some degree of confusion. 

There might also be more we don't know, also lets not forget thus far not a single rumour has been proven or disproved. 

• Like 2