The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, Changer said:

Don't forget that Tzeentch Arcanites also has the Gaunt Summoner(s) and the Orgoid Thaumaturge.  As with some of the GW releases in the past we could see both of these models from Silver Tower released as single clamp packs.

Gaunt Summoner is Everchosen faction though, I doubt he will be in Tzeentch faction, but maybe some of the Gaunt Summoners lesser Wizards might lead it.

1 minute ago, StealthKnightSteg said:

Gaunt Summoner is Everchosen faction though, I doubt he will be in Tzeentch faction, but maybe some of the Gaunt Summoners lesser Wizards might lead it.

The Gaunt Summoner on foot (from Silver Tower) has the Arcanite keyword, and was listed under Tzeentch Arcanites along with the Ogroid when GW gave them points for matched play.

• Like 1

Awesome! Love the Tzaangor archers on discs at the back. I've got a pet theory that the shooting for Tzeentch forces is going to get reworked or rebalanced in the next release. Having played daemons for a while, it just feels a bit 'off'. In particular, having pink horrors be (a) totally rubbish in combat and (b) okay at shooting means that they're best held back until you absolutely need to charge them in, which is completely at odds with their miniatures and fluff.

I'd love to see the faction to get more 'true' shooting units like flamers, a long with some way to take advantage of multiple wizards despite the rule of one. I'm all-in on bird dudes, though: three months spent painting demons won't have gone to waste!

2 minutes ago, Changer said:

The Gaunt Summoner on foot (from Silver Tower) has the Arcanite keyword, and was listed under Tzeentch Arcanites along with the Ogroid when GW gave them points for matched play.

In the app I see him under Everchosen & Tzeentch Arcanites (Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars), and you are right about the keyword, it does have Arcanites along with the Everchosen keyword. So seems an option for both factions then.

Looking at the number of units we can see, I think it's unlikely that it'll be a combined Tzeentch allegiance. 

Probably right.

I hope that it's at least Mortal Tzeentch allegiance (so Chaos Sorceror Lord, Knights of Tzeentch, both Gaunt Summoners can join the party) like the Mortal Nurgle (not Rotbringers) precedent mentioned above. Arcanites would be even more restrictive.

Tzeentch allegiance would revitalise the Daemons at a stroke even without a single new Daemon model (since they could use the Lore spells and the new Artefacts etc.).  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Changer said:

Confirmed for Twitch tomorrow - Battletome - Disciples of Tzeentch

It's a new take on Battletomes apparently!!

Edit: ninja!!

If it's a new take on battletomes this might be the reason why Death hasn't got a new one yet since I feel Death has similar problems to tzeentch. 

3 minutes ago, polarbear said:

I love that they keep making the battletomes better buys, just wish they could retroactively fix the old ones. Excited to see what the new format is. I'd love to buy a battletome but the value just hasn't been there for me yet, even with the addition of lores/traits etc.

It would not surprise me if they put it in the next edition of the handbook. 

Edited by shinros

1 minute ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I find the name interesting. Though it makes sense, considering there seem to be no real Champions of Chaos in the release.

Yup, depending how they do the battletome slaves to darkness stand to benefit as well. 

Edited by shinros

Just now, Changer said:

Disciples of Tzeentch could mean a daemon and mortal crossover; which would be awesome.

Tomorrow can't come quick enough.

I suspect that's what's going to happen and considering almost everything in slaves to darkness can be marked with tzeentch this battletome is going to be mighty interesting. 

If there was a Chaos faction to get a crossover battletome, it would be Tzeentch, since they're all about mortals wielding sorcery...

Also, it may turn out that Khorne is the exception and "Disciples of X" is the rule. Remember - Khorne is the  only one not to wield sorcery, which means the only one with no summoning, which means the only one where the mortal servants need to stand alone quite as much.

Well we can guess some of the unit rules.

The tzaangors will have a special weapon choice for the unit, the dude with the massive sword.

Looks like a hero Acolyte with a bird, 

The flying tzaangors will have a 3+ save against ground based melee troops. (Other disks grant +2 to the save. And currently tzaangors have a 5+ save.

There some dude welding a scroll there also.

Hopefully they add special rules for slaves to darkness units taken as tzeentch 

Edited by Arkiham