The Rumour Thread

On 1/22/2019 at 3:41 AM, 123lac said:

I reckon the carrion feast or w/e it's called is a little taste tester to whet everyone's appetites.

I think Skaven will get a big release, like Gloomspite Gitz in scale. They deserve it. But probably not until 2020 (year of the rat?).

FEC I'm not so sure about. They're a cool faction but I'm just not sure how many varieties of ghouls you can really make?

I actually disagree with your assertion that Skaven deserve a big release on the level of Gloompite.

Skaven have a HUGE bench of really cool looking models - quite a big difference between what the Moonclan/Gloomspite were working with.  Really, as far as models go, Skaven have a few old stinkers that need an upgrade (Skyre acolytes, etc), but the rest of their model line looks really good, with lots of plastic units and characters that really reflect the "look" that GW seems to be going for now.

Honestly, they just need a few kits here and there to replace old resin stuff.  MAYBE one single brand new kit to get players excited (probably a terrain piece).  After that, add in the obligatory Endless Spells, themed dice and warscrolls, and Skaven would be good to go.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

I actually disagree with your assertion that Skaven deserve a big release on the level of Gloompite.

Skaven have a HUGE bench of really cool looking models - quite a big difference between what the Moonclan/Gloomspite were working with.  Really, as far as models go, Skaven have a few old stinkers that need an upgrade (Skyre acolytes, etc), but the rest of their model line looks really good, with lots of plastic units and characters that really reflect the "look" that GW seems to be going for now.

Honestly, they just need a few kits here and there to replace old resin stuff.  MAYBE one single brand new kit to get players excited (probably a terrain piece).  After that, add in the obligatory Endless Spells, themed dice and warscrolls, and Skaven would be good to go.

As a long time skavenplayer, I fully agree with you there.

(although if Gw was planing of bringing back the warlord on bonebracker ratogre or other new minis, I wouldn’t mind it either)

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I'd rather see rats riding on something like wolf-rats - far more sleek and agile and deadly for cavalry! We've already got Boneripper and Thanquil doing the whole riding Ogre bit. 

That said yeah they could update the ogres and giant rats then also give a combined 4 in 1 kit for weapons teams. Those two areas alone would fix a good chunk of the older models. Then some new warplocks 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Lots of armies' players are dissatisfied with the type of lists they have to run. If you look at the Beasts of Chaos facebook page a lot of players are annoyed that the best Beasts of Chaos  lists are Tzeentch 2.0 with Enlightened spam, Ungor screens, and occasionally Skyfires. Ghorgons, Bullgors, Jabberslythes, and plenty of other classic models are just not competitive, and GW inexplicably nerfed the classic Gors into uselessness with the battletome.

And Beasts of Chaos is a brand new battletome, but we still have these problems where GW did not balance the units correctly.

No kidding. Comparing the standard Gor to a single Chainrasp Horde is almost unfair.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Forrix said:

@Ndabreaker Have you heard anything about new Stormcast releases? I'm just morbidly curious :P.

guys he listed, in a single post,. all the rumors he knows about. 

I don't understand the point of clogging this thread with "but what about x".  

If he didn't list it, he doesnt have a rumor for it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Walrustaco said:

Anybody got any thought as to what these "few new models" could be for Gutbusters?

My thoughts thus far are

- plastic heroes (personally I would find this a nice luxury and also of course exciting to have any new ogor models but I love the finecast heroes we have now enough to not mind if this one doesn't happen)

- since firebellies are supposedly being rolled back in, then perhaps some kind of ogor infantry that incorporate this suneater theme.

- dunno if @Ndabreaker ruled out Endless Spells, but if they're included, then some kind of The Maw endless spell seems guaranteed. The kind of thing you maybe place under enemies and it moves them aside. 

- I can't think what kind of other ogor troops we could get. We have standard fatties, choppy fatties, shooty fatties. Uh I dunno... magic fatties? like evocators but masticators instead? (Cause they like to eat and chew)

Lemme know what you think 

speculation on my part, but if it is a model release

Plastic Tyrant/ Butcher

a named character

a Gobbapalooza style kit for Maneaters

a big centerpiece model something akin to a giant ironblaster or scraplauncher style unit

scrapyard terrain piece

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Lots of armies' players are dissatisfied with the type of lists they have to run. If you look at the Beasts of Chaos facebook page a lot of players are annoyed that the best Beasts of Chaos  lists are Tzeentch 2.0 with Enlightened spam, Ungor screens, and occasionally Skyfires. Ghorgons, Bullgors, Jabberslythes, and plenty of other classic models are just not competitive, and GW inexplicably nerfed the classic Gors into uselessness with the battletome.

And Beasts of Chaos is a brand new battletome, but we still have these problems where GW did not balance the units correctly.

Absolutely true. Beastmen are one of my favorite factions, but I ended up switching to Gitz because all of the Beast units that I liked ranged from bad to terrible. Things like Cygors/Ghorgons are still preposterously unreliable and degrade like ice cream on the beach. For the life of me I cannot fathom why they decided to nerf Gors into oblivion...they're WORSE than they were before the book, and they were bad back then. I also cannot get over the fact that Dragon Ogors do less damage than regular dad-bod Ogors from a lore perspective. Like you said, the only efficient lists are Tzeentch/Khorne lists...despite the book going on and on about how aligned beastmen are looked down on and 'weak.' If I wanted to play an aligned Chaos army I'd just play BoK or DoT.

So yeah, trying to collect what I wanted for BoC was a pretty disappointing experience.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

speculation on my part, but if it is a model release

Plastic Tyrant/ Butcher

a named character

a Gobbapalooza style kit for Maneaters

a big centerpiece model something akin to a giant ironblaster or scraplauncher style unit

scrapyard terrain piece

If we get even half of that with a Battletome they will be my next army.

• Like 5

Oooh, if we're doing Gutbuster speculation:

• Gnoblars on the Irongut sprue (maybe even the Bull/Leadbelcher sprue) get a warscroll, possibly as super-cheap characters or low-model count unit. 
  • A special character on a Rhinox (dual kit with generic Tyrant)
  • A new unit to integrate the Firebelly theme, probably magical infantry (if they were lazy, they could even use the same half of the generic ogor body sprue that guts/Belcher/bulls use with fire-themed weapon/mask options, that's one of the best old kits GW has) 
  • A big, centrepiece wagon dual kit for a  Butcher's stew kitchen/Firebelly pyre-shrine (which gives us the plastic Butcher, and perhaps even a special character additional option)
  • Stretch: New Gorgers 
  • Larder terrain piece 
  • As for endless spells: The Maw is obligatory, also something food-themed, and then something fire-y for the Firebellies. 
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ndabreaker said:

GUTBUSTERS 

September ish 

Dok type treatment a few new models 

No beastclaw but firebelly back in 

Not going to lie, it seems awesome!!!

DoK (just ignoring how good they are) had a really nice update, with tons of mechanics: diferent "hosts", magics, prayers, even two types of "fluffy units"with  Witches and mutated witches (well, or maybe "gifted" witches), etc... and not counting on a Morathi herself!!!

And with a bit of luck, terrain and endless spells (if firebellies are going to be part of the same battletome, I see some big fireballs or even monstruos creatures made for fire).

Only time will tell if this rumours are true or not, but until then, we can hope for the best.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Absolutely true. Beastmen are one of my favorite factions, but I ended up switching to Gitz because all of the Beast units that I liked ranged from bad to terrible. Things like Cygors/Ghorgons are still preposterously unreliable and degrade like ice cream on the beach. For the life of me I cannot fathom why they decided to nerf Gors into oblivion...they're WORSE than they were before the book, and they were bad back then. I also cannot get over the fact that Dragon Ogors do less damage than regular dad-bod Ogors from a lore perspective. Like you said, the only efficient lists are Tzeentch/Khorne lists...despite the book going on and on about how aligned beastmen are looked down on and 'weak.' If I wanted to play an aligned Chaos army I'd just play BoK or DoT.

So yeah, trying to collect what I wanted for BoC was a pretty disappointing experience.

Yeah GW either did no playtesting or no mathhammer on Beasts of Chaos. For example, it blows my mind that Bullgors are more expensive than Enlightened, but do an order of magnitude less damage, can't fly, and are half as quick. If I was being cynical, I'd say this was a ploy to get older Beastmen players to "upgrade" their classic armies to the newer Tzaangor models.

32 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Yeah GW either did no playtesting or no mathhammer on Beasts of Chaos. For example, it blows my mind that Bullgors are more expensive than Enlightened, but do an order of magnitude less damage, can't fly, and are half as quick. If I was being cynical, I'd say this was a ploy to get older Beastmen players to "upgrade" their classic armies to the newer Tzaangor models.

I think it was a fairly low effort book.   Old GW was very prone to this when there was not a lot of enthusiasm within the current studio team for specific armies.  The current teams may still suffer from this issue.   I will say that I think the Beasts of Chaos book was still a good book in regards to the format of how they structured the army - even if they did have a number of misses in terms of unit rules & point costs.  The overall structure of how they army works seems like the part that is best nailed down early.  The point values can be altered in subsequent editions of the General's Handbook.  Units can be tweaked in an errata, new edition of the GHB, or in the most drastic case a new book release later down the road. 

If they did indeed make some big mistakes in regards to the unit design then hopefully they are willing to do something to address those issues rather than letting them sit until a new book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sete said:

Quick question, I read around here about named caracthers for Anvils of Heldenhmer.

What's that about?

I've heard there will be there 3 of them

Helda Stormborne- Knight-Incantor that doesn't damage herself with flasks and also does d6 mortal wounds with her spirit storm spell. Costs 20 points more than a regular Knight-Incantor.

Galiant Surefire-A Lord Aquilor that allows Vanguard-Hunters to shoot without los to their targets. Costs 20 points less than a regular Lord-Aquilor.

The Champion of Heldenhmer- A mysterious character ala the Celestant-Prime but he's just a basic 5 wound 4+ save hero with a special ability that allows one unit of Liberators to reroll save rolls of 1 if they're equipped with shields or generate extra attacks on an unmodified hit roll of 6 if they're dual wielding. Costs 180 points and is GW's attempt to bring Liberators up to par with Sequitors.

Expect them to come out in February as Rountree has been heard threatening executions if staff don't get another Stormcast release out soon.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I've heard there will be there 3 of them

Helda Stormborne- Knight-Incantor that doesn't damage herself with flasks and also does d6 mortal wounds with her spirit storm spell. Costs 20 points more than a regular Knight-Incantor.

Galiant Surefire-A Lord Aquilor that allows Vanguard-Hunters to shoot without los to their targets. Costs 20 points less than a regular Lord-Aquilor.

The Champion of Heldenhmer- A mysterious character ala the Celestant-Prime but he's just a basic 5 wound 4+ save hero with a special ability that allows one unit of Liberators to reroll save rolls of 1 if they're equipped with shields or generate extra attacks on an unmodified hit roll of 6 if they're dual wielding. Costs 180 points and is GW's attempt to bring Liberators up to par with Sequitors.

Expect them to come out in February as Rountree has been heard threatening executions if staff don't get another Stormcast release out soon.

Cool. Love the Anvils, will do until Darkoath hits.