The Rumour Thread

This thread really lost it somehow.

Over the past two years we had several rumours told here by people and all were totally freakin about those, no one was annoyed that their army wasn't one amongst the rumored ones. I even "had" to join the forum because of the rumours about ironjawz 2nd wave and moonclan.  People took rumours as something what they were: a rumour we could discuss about. Rumourmongers enjoyed immunity as we knew that it only were rumours and boy, the time frames were all over the place.

But ever since GW activly steers what is comming to the surface and even invests several minutes of videocontent just about this topic, this thread went dry. Dry and salty.

Now theres a typical, new rumour since ages in this thread we can discuss and dream about and people are calling him out, want to reveal his sources and being salty that their beloved factions are not part of those rumours or if they are, it's not the way they want them to be. 

It's really annoying that people who whine about their favorite faction moan the loadest about rumours because their beloved faction is not included in the rumour, so all other people need to know that their beloved faction is underpowered and they need a new book asap. Every dang time. 

I really hope those duardin finally receive something...

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Swearing :(
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, DerZauberer said:

It's really annoying that people who whine about their favorite faction moan the loadest about rumours because their beloved faction is not included in the rumour, so all other people need to know that their beloved faction is underpowered and they need a new book asap. Every dang time

Don't know if I'm one of "this people", but I'm not saying that we (KO) need an update because we are bad.

Someone made a joke about there was nothing for KO in the last rumours, and someone continued with some arguments about why KO needed some type of update ASAP. Nobody says that KO are the worst (that was debunked after Khron gameplay in CanCon btw...), and that's what happened this last to pages: people talking about powerlevel or why KO need any updates (they don't need to be true btw).

Nothing more, nothing less. We have rumours, we can talk about them and by the nature of this thread, we will have a bit of wishlisting. This type of arguments are just part of this thread (like Aelves, Dispossessed,... and now, Gutbusters!!! First rumour about the fat boys!).  

Sorry if you are upset btw.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ndabreaker said:

Got another serahon tidbit. 

Along with the allegiances you can pick a constellation that your army follows like greatfrays basically. 

They also said that there will be a few suprises that they wont tell me lol

Thank you for posting all these bits. I dont believe them completely but isn't that the best part of it? Seeing which rumors turn out to be true? :D

Im also curious what "new build options like FEC" could mean. Most Seraphon kits only make one kind of unit so im not sure how they will kit-bash new units but this could be good. (Maybe changing up the riders from the Carnosaurus kit?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Don't know if I'm one of "this people"

I really dont want to target anyone and i'm pretty certain i couldn't.

It's just that my subjective perception is that every second complain in this rumour thread is about dispossesed or KO, therefor the little duardin reference.

Sorry if it was perceived as "finger-pointing". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DerZauberer said:

It's just that my subjective perception is that every second complain in this rumour thread is about dispossesed or KO, therefor the little duardin reference.

We're in character.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, DerZauberer said:

We will not be a dwarf players if will not complain about something, you know? With runes in our body, with aether weapon in our hands or standing on Oath stone we always will be dwarfs. xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ndabreaker said:

Got another serahon tidbit. 

Along with the allegiances you can pick a constellation that your army follows like greatfrays basically. 

They also said that there will be a few suprises that they wont tell me lol

Wow, I like the sound of that

As long as those surprises are MORE DINOSAURS I'm happy

• Like 2

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Firstly, thanks to @Ndabreaker for dropping some rumours into this topic. It has generated some interesting discussion which is good. ;) 

Right, everybody else - Just a gentle poke that can we please treat @Ndabreaker with courtesy wherever you believe their rumours or not. At the end of the day, these are RUMOURS so you should take a pinch of salt with them. ;) 

Only time will tell if these are true or not.

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

A lot of the recent rumours appear to be quite plausible but as I know they are rumours I'm not going to believe them too much. As much as I like the idea of new battletomes to replace or update some factions, I would rather see lots of cool new stuff that I would have never have dreamed of years ago. For example, Kharadron and Deepkin are amazing concepts and I want more of that (give me my bio guyver mecha culthul fantasy army please GW!!!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

. For example, Kharadron and Deepkin are amazing concepts and I want more of that (give me my bio guyver mecha culthul fantasy army please GW!!!).

All I want is:

1) Daughters of Khaine Endless Spells
2) Skaven single combined Battletome
3) Demonic/Angelic Aelves
4) DRAGONS!! MORE DRAGONS!

• Like 1

I love talking about rumours! So thanks for bringing them. Sadly I don't think they're too accurate (obviously this may backfire and I'll look stupid).

New slaanesh w/keeper, new ironjawz book are quite likely. 

The Seraphon spawning pools is something someone I know has been joking about online so wonder if that's mutated. 

Time will tell!

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I was giving some tought about the rumor on Dispossesed taking Ironweld without counting as allies. I wonder if this is a signal of changes on ally system.  It would be really cool and create a whole lot of new builds for several armies!

There has been lots of discussion on allies since it was created, might be interesting to have that changed up.  Could possibly be a specific combined allegiance, like an expansion on the freecities idea (that would be ace!).  I always liked that they broke factions up the give them a story, a place in the AoS world(s), maybe they think that has been achieved and its safe to start merging factions here and there (with suitable story). Exciting times anyway.

Anybody got any thought as to what these "few new models" could be for Gutbusters?

My thoughts thus far are

- plastic heroes (personally I would find this a nice luxury and also of course exciting to have any new ogor models but I love the finecast heroes we have now enough to not mind if this one doesn't happen)

- since firebellies are supposedly being rolled back in, then perhaps some kind of ogor infantry that incorporate this suneater theme.

- dunno if @Ndabreaker ruled out Endless Spells, but if they're included, then some kind of The Maw endless spell seems guaranteed. The kind of thing you maybe place under enemies and it moves them aside. 

- I can't think what kind of other ogor troops we could get. We have standard fatties, choppy fatties, shooty fatties. Uh I dunno... magic fatties? like evocators but masticators instead? (Cause they like to eat and chew)

Lemme know what you think 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sete said:

I gotta ask about Sylvaneth.

Their warband as a Treekin dude with a bow, we can assume a new unit to expand their small range is coming. any news on that?

Thats a good point, do we have any rumours/predictions/calculations when the next batch of warbands will be released?  while they dont seem to do direct tie-ins it would certainly need to be talked about / explained and that might give a bit more rumour to what could be coming.

7 minutes ago, stato said:

There has been lots of discussion on allies since it was created, might be interesting to have that changed up.  Could possibly be a specific combined allegiance, like an expansion on the freecities idea (that would be ace!).  I always liked that they broke factions up the give them a story, a place in the AoS world(s), maybe they think that has been achieved and its safe to start merging factions here and there (with suitable story). Exciting times anyway.

It would be interesting if it was possible to ally into the same "group up" from the recent changes to Gw store page. Then create traits and voila, playable ways for tinny factions without the need of a bunch of BTs