The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

You're not discussing the rumour though, are you? You're questioning its validity and passive-aggressively throwing shade at someone supplying the rumours this thread is apparently so desperately in need of, when it matters ultimately matters not one iota whether what he has to say is fact or fiction. Cheer up.

By that logic if I came in and said they're squatting the vanguard chamber due to poor sales everyone would have no choice but to take it at face value.

I think it's more than valid to discuss the reliability of a source so long as you're not rude, and whilst I think some people have been rude I don't think caladancid has been. Indeed NDA himself has acknowledged his logic in doubting him.

I too am somewhat sceptical though I admit that is due in part to the content of the rumours. I indeed think it would be hard to merge the duardin factions in a satisfying manner, and GW has shown time and time again that they take the lore into account for their faction design. It also contradicts with previous rumours for a solo-update to Fyreslayers (by your logic we have to assume both are correct which just isn't possible).

I must say that all the various rumours we have are nothing but exciting, and the simple fact that are so unfocused shows how much potential there is for GW to develop this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ndabreaker said:

Right had lots of questions been hard to keep track. Had a fairly long chat with the source over messenger to clear up a few things. They cannot give me massive amounts of detail as it would be obvious who it is. Dates are subject to change as someone else mentioned this is happening alot.

SERAPHON 

Late March early April 

Battletome 

Spawning pool terrain 3 parts looks like 

Endless spells 3 

One is like a reptile/dino spirit thing 

No new models (apart from spells) although somwe new variations on builds like the flesheaters got. 

3 allegiances 

Mixed ,skink , saurus. 

DARKOATH/STD/EC 

Very early summer 

No news on if old models being replaced. Not much info 

GUTBUSTERS 

September ish 

Dok type treatment a few new models 

No beastclaw but firebelly back in 

SLAANESH 

No date 

New Keeper 

Fyreslayer/ Ironjaws/ flesheaters 

New tomes with endless spells possible terrain. No set dates but this year 

SKAVEN 

Possibly a small release to tie in with carrion empire. May be in the form of a small white dwarf suppliment. 

Disspossessed 

No book this year but ghb2019 allows ironweld duardin units to be taken without allies. 

Thats all they will say for this year. May have missed a few things but just wantes to get this up. Hope it answers any questions you have.

"Sad Kharadron overlords player face". xD

Edited by cofaxest
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, cofaxest said:

"Sad Kharadron overlords player face". xD

I kind of knew it would be unlikely we would see an update this year. I mean I always did say this year was the earliest even if it was unlikely. I think next year is far more likely. However it all depends on what happens this year in terms of AoS. We need fixes ASAP. I hope the GH 2019 gives us some huge buffs as points decreases aren't cutting it. This could fix lots of problems. We would still need to wait for wave 2 KO for more options to be added in how we can play but at least we could have a good army again. 

Just now, Barkanaut said:

I kind of knew it would be unlikely we would see an update this year. I mean I always did say this year was the earliest even if it was unlikely. I think next year is far more likely. However it all depends on what happens this year in terms of AoS. We need fixes ASAP. I hope the GH 2019 gives us some huge buffs as points decreases aren't cutting it. This could fix lots of problems. We would still need to wait for wave 2 KO for more options to be added in how we can play but at least we could have a good army again. 

KO did pretty well at CanCon though. The final was KO vs. Gore Pilgrims.

5 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

KO did pretty well at CanCon though. The final was KO vs. Gore Pilgrims.

Really I didn't know that. Link me? Still though its very rare to see KO out there and most lists barely use any boats which is kind of the points of the faction lol. 

Edit

Took a look and he didn't even place in the top 10 or am I reading it wrong? 

Edit2. 

Only one Frigate. Had some Stormcast in there too. Yeah we need some help lol. 

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/alexander-krohn-kharadron-overlords/ 

Edited by Barkanaut

5 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Really I didn't know that. Link me? Still though its very rare to see KO out there and most lists barely use any boats which is kind of the points of the faction lol. 

Here's the list: https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/alexander-krohn-kharadron-overlords/

They have the final match on the Honest Wargamer YouTube channel.

1 minute ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Here's the list: https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/alexander-krohn-kharadron-overlords/

They have the final match on the Honest Wargamer YouTube channel.

Didn't even crack the top 10 though so kinda meaningless man. I mean its not that uncommon to have the final fight and not crack the top 10 its how the tournament structure works lol. Also only one boat, infantry spam list, and had Stormcast in there too. Nothing I like. I bought into the faction for cool boats not infantry spam lists and mandatory soup. GW said the same thing oh buy Stormcast wizards lol. 

Didn't even crack the top 10 though so kinda meaningless man. I mean its not that uncommon to have the final fight and not crack the top 10 its how the tournament structure works lol. Also only one boat, infantry spam list, and had Stormcast in there too. Nothing I like. I bought into the faction for cool boats not infantry spam lists and mandatory soup. GW said the same thing oh buy Stormcast wizards lol. 

He came 11th, I believe. He didn't crack the top 10 because he lost the final match to the champ. The tournament was almost 200 players, so he was still near top 5%.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Yellow_Sign said:

He came 11th, I believe. He didn't crack the top 10 because he lost the final match to the champ. The tournament was almost 200 players, so he was still near top 5%.

Okay so he did good. Still though it doesn't change the fact that lots of KO players are dissatisfied at the types of lists we have to run right now. 

5 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Okay so he did good. Still though it doesn't change the fact that lots of KO players are dissatisfied at the types of lists we have to run right now. 

Lots of armies' players are dissatisfied with the type of lists they have to run. If you look at the Beasts of Chaos facebook page a lot of players are annoyed that the best Beasts of Chaos  lists are Tzeentch 2.0 with Enlightened spam, Ungor screens, and occasionally Skyfires. Ghorgons, Bullgors, Jabberslythes, and plenty of other classic models are just not competitive, and GW inexplicably nerfed the classic Gors into uselessness with the battletome.

And Beasts of Chaos is a brand new battletome, but we still have these problems where GW did not balance the units correctly.

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Lots of armies' players are dissatisfied with the type of lists they have to run. If you look at the Beasts of Chaos facebook page a lot of players are annoyed that the best Beasts of Chaos  lists are Tzeentch 2.0 with Enlightened spam, Ungor screens, and occasionally Skyfires. Ghorgons, Bullgors, and other classic models are just not competitive, and GW inexplicably nerfed the classic Gors into uselessness with the battletome.

And Beasts of Chaos is a brand new battletome, but we still have these problems where GW did not balance the units correctly.

Except its been like this since the dawn of the KO. I want boats to be good for a change. Not to mention okay so what if they have problems? That's not the point? We aren't discussing their problems and I do empathize with them. Because others have problems I can't or something? 

Edited by Barkanaut

Okay so as I said above. I can't have problems because someone else does? Your logic is terrible. 

The point is that unit balance is a problem with lots of armies. Lots of armies have cool models that nobody uses because they're just bad. DoK might be one of the exceptions where all but one unit (the shooty snakes) is very, very strong.

• Sad 1

Just now, The_Yellow_Sign said:

The point is that unit balance is a problem with lots of armies. Lots of armies have cool models that nobody uses because they're just bad. DoK might be one of the exceptions where all but one unit (the shooty snakes) is very, very strong.

I don't know weather to laugh or cry react. 

2 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Plenty of Order armies take Stormcast allies because Stormcast have some OP units (evocators/ballistas with ordinator/lord arcanum and comet).

I collect almost 7500 pts KO not because i want to see SE in my roster. And I don't care about win/lose I just want KO to have more interesting gameplay base on lore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

Okay so as I said above. I can't have problems because someone else does? Your logic is terrible. 

To be honest I think a lot of armies have this issue. Deepkin only work at a good level if you go for a variation of eel spam, or rather morsarr spam.

The issue with Namarti builds for deepkin is not the points cost, but that the synergies just don't work. It's very difficult to keep a soulrender wholly within a unit of 30 thralls, nearly impossible. But for smaller units with a 5 up save how do you keep them alive long enough for the render to be useful? 

Leviadon? Useless. Allopex? Useless. 

Nighthaunt players are better off running LoN than their own allegiance and units. All of the best units in the army can be taken in LoN and that gives access to gravesites and three of the most potent heroes in the game (vlozd, arkhan and nagash). 

As someone else said BoC are basically just a way to get easy tzaangor refills. 

Even stormcast, the pride and joy of aos, have been relying on evocators alphastriking in with Gabriel. Most of their huge range are totally useless on the table atm. 

KO have probably faired worse than the above, but the truth is to be competitive most armies are extremely limited. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Lots of armies' players are dissatisfied with the type of lists they have to run. If you look at the Beasts of Chaos facebook page a lot of players are annoyed that the best Beasts of Chaos  lists are Tzeentch 2.0 with Enlightened spam, Ungor screens, and occasionally Skyfires. Ghorgons, Bullgors, Jabberslythes, and plenty of other classic models are just not competitive, and GW inexplicably nerfed the classic Gors into uselessness with the battletome.

I can't speak for other KO players, but, like I said in another thread (KO main thread btw), my main complain is not about the power level of our units but the "fluff" that's represented in our gameplay. The latest battletomes (including BoC) have an awesome design (even if they have bad units), and that type of design is what I want to see for KO. Some old battletomes have the same problem, others (Tzeentch, Nurgle, etc..) had some nerfs but the main core-mechanics are still there. KO at this moment uses some type of canons (blob of arkanauts with hooks buffed by khemist), some type of countercharge/shock troops (evocators or endrinriggers) and sometimes an ability to deep strike ( ship+Zilfin). I'm not saying that we are bad, I'm saying that (ignoring powerlevel and competitive play), we are a bit "underdesigned". Having a battletome that is FAQ'd just after being available to doesn't help.

Editions can change points, make some units better and others worst, but my main complain is how GW wants the army to be played and if It has enough "fluff" behind that design.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5