The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Turgol said:

The "all rumours are equally believable or unbelievable because they are rumours" is nonsense. For those who want rumours just to tall about something, credibility might be irrelevant. But if it about anticipating what will actually come, judging both inner credibility and source accuracy is being minimally rational. 

Yes, god forbid you were irrational about speculation concerning toy soldiers on the internet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

It would be a phenomenal act of stupidity to squat these factions when beasts of chaos and LoN have proven how successful older stock can be when given some new rules. 

I agree, the classic aelf factions only need a decent battletome and maybe a few endless spells and they would sell like hot cakes. Squatting them would be a big waste of potential and money. There are many people, myself included, who are waiting to see what GW will do with the aelfs before buying them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Oh my lord, this thread beggars belief. You talk about not-rumours: "Waah! 😭 Talk about rumours!" You talk about rumours: "Waah! 😭 This internet hearsay might not be 100% accurate!" Who gives a gobbo's behind?!? It's fun and interesting and keeps us talking, it matters not one fething jot whether the rumours are accurate or not because we're talking about plastic toys. Honestly.

I will just leave this here.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, Kirjava13 said:

When a rumour comes along we can discuss it. Until then, perhaps we can keep the backseat moderating to a minimum?

I assume discussing a rumor can include literally discussing the rumor?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Guys, can we stop talking about these rumors and get this thread back to idle speculation, wish listing and talking about things already announced?

welp guess it back to idle speculation time. since a lot of Dispossessed stuff are out of stock right now (warriors, Thunderers, Drakes and Breakers) must be a reboxing for the upcoming Battletome: the Grudge Lords

I tend to view the UK site as the definitive line when it comes to stock. That is if its going out of production or being repackaged en mess I'd check the GW store for the one to be showing those signs first. Overseas might just have a lack of stock because a boat hasn't landed with fresh supplies from the central production site. 

12 minutes ago, The Golem said:

I agree, the classic aelf factions only need a decent battletome and maybe a few endless spells and they would sell like hot cakes. Squatting them would be a big waste of potential and money. There are many people, myself included, who are waiting to see what GW will do with the aelfs before buying them.

Yes im with you,i started to play to aos two years ago and i wanted elfs,but as you i wanted wait.

I started with the cheap stormcast boxes and i bougth the dragonlord because i couldnt avoid it. I really really wanted white lions,phoenyx, dragon blades etc.but the square base gives me bad bives so i only got the dragonlord.

I dont need a battletome,if gw put alegiance of elfs in gh and change the kits to oval bases i gonna insta buy it.

That is the reason that i bougth one year ago a full new dispossesed army,i dont mind if they are competitive or not,also havent batletome. But have new bases and alegiance so i feel "safe" buying them

• Like 1

Think about how many hydras, how many units of bleak shards are being sold daily? Monthly? Does anyone know anyone right now who is starting a brand new eldritch Council army? A darling coven army? They are very small fry. And GW have plans for the elves no doubt but the new concept do not fit the old armies at all. Like AT ALL. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Think about how many hydras, how many units of bleak shards are being sold daily? Monthly? Does anyone know anyone right now who is starting a brand new eldritch Council army? A darling coven army? They are very small fry. And GW have plans for the elves no doubt but the new concept do not fit the old armies at all. Like AT ALL. 

You mean like how hydras won't fit into an army that already makes use of harpies and medusa? 

18 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

well to be honest I think Eldritch council is probably an  army that I think will get phased out because of what up with the plastic Swordmasters being in the spire of dawn box and all. the Archmage on dragon would probably ended up with Order Draconis if the kit survives

13 minutes ago, xking said:

Maybe if they make a battletome for them, they would sell.  A battletome did wonders for the beastmen,  All the darling covens need is a battletome.   

that said I think what help BoC was the fact that they had the new Tzaangors in them, even then I doubt it was a selling like hotcake situation.

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

...that said I think what help BoC was the fact that they had the new Tzaangors in them, even then I doubt it was a selling like hotcake situation.

I was a little shockd BoC didn't at least get a plastic Beastlord model.

Hell, they didn't even get a Shadespire warband, which has been a solid (but not guaranteed) factor in a new/updated army. 

Thanks again @Ndabreaker for all the rumors! Been an interesting read, and fun speculation!

Seen a screen shot floating around as well confirming Greenskinz are history, so might not see them roll into Ironjawz, or at least only choice units.

Have seen people ask about death, with no info. To be a tad more specific, has your source heard anything regarding soulblight or vampires? I suspect no, but has been a range within LoN who could use it!

A totally combined Duardin book seems a bit far fetched. Overlords are reportedly selling well and have their own identity. Fyreslayers are seemingly not selling as well, but do have their own identity and a separate Slayer army was a long time coming(occasionally showing up to various degrees in the old world). The most likely combination would seem to be ironweld dwarfs getting a dispossesed keyword again(which in the lore I think they are dispossesed that joined the Ironweld?) .

Also on the speculation train as it ties to recent rumors and news, Skaven kits are going no longer available. The clanrats on the US store and the metal warlord on the UK store. Based on the plastic troop kits GW has seen fit to keep (zombies and grots), I can't see clanrats getting a new kits, so perhaps reboxing before a book release? I could see the old warlord getting dropped in favor of the existing plastic warlord or even a wholly new kit depending how now big they do a skaven release.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

A totally combined Duardin book seems a bit far fetched. Overlords are reportedly selling well and have their own identity. Fyreslayers are seemingly not selling as well, but do have their own identity and a separate Slayer army was a long time coming(occasionally showing up to various degrees in the old world). The most likely combination would seem to be ironweld dwarfs getting a dispossesed keyword again(which in the lore I think they are dispossesed that joined the Ironweld?) .

Going by the army grouping when AoS 2.0 came out, I think any army that had a battletome previously probably won't get merge but get a stormcast expansion treatment except for maybe Clan Pestilens and Everchosen

2 hours ago, novakai said:

welp guess it back to idle speculation time. since a lot of Dispossessed stuff are out of stock right now (warriors, Thunderers, Drakes and Breakers) must be a reboxing for the upcoming Battletome: the Grudge Lords

Dunno. "Legion of the Grudge" is growing on me 🤔

Edited by Furuzzolo

I don't think duardin are getting a combined book, Fyreslayers should get their own updated tome soon. Although I think the success of Legions of Nagash and Beast of Chaos as compared to newer armies like Idoneth and Daughters are changing the future of army books, so I wouldn't rule it out. I'm surprised that Spiderfang grots got thrown in the Gloomspite gitz tome and I think this was because of the Legions of Nagash success. 

I still think Darkoath are slaanesh's mortal followers. No other mortals have come up as yet. Rotbringers/bloodbound/Arcanites have already come as mortals of their respective gods. 

42 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

The Darkoath in Warqueen worship Tzeentch. The Darkoath in Scourge of Fate are Undivided worshippers. They are the new Marauders, so will probably be able to be marked for any god I bet.

Yeah they seem to be listed as an Undivided chaos. The Soul wars novel had a tanned barbarian that was a Slaanesh worshiper. 

3 hours ago, Caladancid said:

I assume discussing a rumor can include literally discussing the rumor?

You're not discussing the rumour though, are you? You're questioning its validity and passive-aggressively throwing shade at someone supplying the rumours this thread is apparently so desperately in need of, when it matters ultimately matters not one iota whether what he has to say is fact or fiction. Cheer up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

You're not discussing the rumour though, are you? You're questioning its validity and passive-aggressively throwing shade at someone supplying the rumours this thread is apparently so desperately in need of, when it matters ultimately matters not one iota whether what he has to say is fact or fiction. Cheer up.

By passive-aggressive do you mean responding directly to that person and telling them what my issues are?  If so, then yes that is what I am doing (but I don't think that is what passive-aggressive means).

And I think you and I are talking past one another, because when I said discussing the rumor I meant discussing the actual rumor as in the source and validity of that rumor.  I think that's a thing, you don't I suppose.

Cheer up is a bit odd.  I've enjoyed discussing these rumors or whatever they are with other people today.

I'd give you another reaction @Ndabreaker, but I'm out for the day! haha

Thanks for the compiled list. Real interesting that Gutbusters might be getting a few new models! Certainly more then I expected, but hype if true!

Also will be great if Dispossessed rumor is spot on. Knew we wouldn't get a book for sometime, but allowing us to take artillery without wasting ally points is a great way to toss us a bone well we wait! 

Just to stop a wildfire the WD article I posted is from an old issue like 2017ish old. Saw on another forum someone say it was in next months WD. Unless they reprint it ITS OLD lol. Gutbusters would be really awesome I'm hoping they add Man-eaters back in to them as well.