The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Maybe it's a longshot, but does anyone more familiar with the AoS lore think that maybe GW could include Thunderscorn with the eventual chaos undivided release (Darkoath/StD/Everchosen)?  Dragon Ogres used to be available in the WHFB Warriors of Chaos armies and are included in Total War. Could be a chance to be make a sweet Shaggoth centrepiece hero like Kholek Suneater. 

I mean Dragon Ogres are already a part of Beasts of Chaos... so I feel like they wouldn't put them in another faction

On 1/21/2019 at 9:03 AM, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Yeah Chamon has been left out quite a bit in the lore. We've had Khorne fighting in the Realm of Fire, Nurgle in the Realm of Life, Slaanesh in the Realm of Shadows, Archon in the Realm of Beasts, Tzeentch in the Realm of Light and everyone fighting in the Realm of Death. 

I believe the only time we heard much about Chamon was when the Kharadron Overlords were first realised as a large portion of their Sky Ports are based there but other than that we dont now much. Metal and Beasts have always been my favourite winds of magic so im quite interested in the focus Metal has been getting recently 😍

I mean, Tzeentch fought a lot in Chamon, so I wouldn't say it was left out. Chamon was featured much more prominantly that Hush

Just now, Nightcast Eternal said:

I mean Dragon Ogres are already a part of Beasts of Chaos... so I feel like they wouldn't put them in another faction

It already happened with Tzaangors recently, since they got the Beasts of Chaos keyword.

Nighthaunt are also in two factions (LoN and Nighthaunt).

So not out of the realm of possibility.

7 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

It already happened with Tzaangors recently, since they got the Beasts of Chaos keyword.

Nighthaunt are also in two factions (LoN and Nighthaunt).

So not out of the realm of possibility.

Good point! But regardless, I think in this case, Thunderscorn don't seem to fit with the StD, Everchosen, and Darkoath in the same way that they work with BoC

Just now, Nightcast Eternal said:

I mean, Tzeentch fought a lot in Chamon, so I wouldn't say it was left out. Chamon was featured much more prominantly that Hush

Yea, id actually say that Hysh is the least expanded upon of all the realms. They haven't really said which chaos god is dominant there (assume Tzeentch but he's Chamon too) and all we know is that a bunch of yet unreleased 'light' aelves are there.

The core book stuff was brief too and I think we only have a very limited about of art for the realm. I expect there building up something in the background that gradually lead to a major campaign there which I assume will be related to Slaanesh and the aelves.

For the record, I believe the following expand each realm:

- Azyr - stormcast, small section in beasts of chaos

- Ashqy - fyreslayers, khorne, anything about hammerhal, large section in core book, seems to commonly show up in other stories and battletomes and is likely most fleshed out realm

- shyish - legions of Nagash, flesh eater courts, nighthaunt, large section in core book

- ghyran - Slyvaneth, nurgle, large section in core book

- Chamon - Tzeentch, khahadron overlords, gloomspite gitz

- Ghur - bonesplitterz, beastclaw raiders, ironjawz

- Ulgu - daughters of Khaine

- Hysh - small section in Deepkin

(Deepkin kind of touches on a lot of realms but only really the seas for obvious reasons. Focus on ghyran and shyish from what I remember)

39 minutes ago, Nightcast Eternal said:

Good point! But regardless, I think in this case, Thunderscorn don't seem to fit with the StD, Everchosen, and Darkoath in the same way that they work with BoC

It's mostly wishful thinking on my part because Dragon Ogres used to be part of the same faction as Warriors of Chaos back in WHFB.  I just really want a plastic Shaggoth...

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign

2 hours ago, Yoshiya said:

Yea, id actually say that Hysh is the least expanded upon of all the realms. They haven't really said which chaos god is dominant there (assume Tzeentch but he's Chamon too) and all we know is that a bunch of yet unreleased 'light' aelves are there.

The core book stuff was brief too and I think we only have a very limited about of art for the realm. I expect there building up something in the background that gradually lead to a major campaign there which I assume will be related to Slaanesh and the aelves.

For the record, I believe the following expand each realm:

- Azyr - stormcast, small section in beasts of chaos

- Ashqy - fyreslayers, khorne, anything about hammerhal, large section in core book, seems to commonly show up in other stories and battletomes and is likely most fleshed out realm

- shyish - legions of Nagash, flesh eater courts, nighthaunt, large section in core book

- ghyran - Slyvaneth, nurgle, large section in core book

- Chamon - Tzeentch, khahadron overlords, gloomspite gitz

- Ghur - bonesplitterz, beastclaw raiders, ironjawz

- Ulgu - daughters of Khaine

- Hysh - small section in Deepkin

(Deepkin kind of touches on a lot of realms but only really the seas for obvious reasons. Focus on ghyran and shyish from what I remember)

Well I’m seeing that you have forgotten to name the best race in the entire realms, “Skaven”

they have access to literally every realm,

and they have a under empire represented in almost every realm.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I’m seeing that you have forgotten to name the best race in the entire realms, “Skaven”

they have access to literally every realm,

and they have a under empire represented in almost every realm.

I think he mean by battletome lore and fluff

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, novakai said:

Then being everywhere and them  being the only race able to create realmways is a big part of the lore. They feature in almost every book before making portents in one way or another. 

On 1/23/2019 at 3:43 PM, Skabnoze said:

Not sure how much to read into the German thread about factions and sales, but I am not surprised to hear about Fyreslayers and Idoneth sales being low.

Fyreslayers have 2 big issues that I can see and I expect that they both impact the sales.  First, they have some absurdly high-priced box sets for infantry.  They are an expensive army to buy.  Second, they have somewhat of a silhouette issue in the army.  Everything really blends together from a couple feet away.  The models all look good for what they are, but they all look very much alike.

I don’t know what it was about Idoneth, but I know that my interest was high up until I got the book.  A whole lot of my enthusiasm in this case was lost when some of the units had very underwhelming stats and abilities - especially the shark.  In addition, it seems to me that they dragged the initial release out too far and more interesting stuff came out since then.  I can’t speak for others, but I would be more interested in the army if they had wider build options & synergies for armies with all fish-riders.

Do you have a Link? I can translate it for you =}

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I was mostly focusing on which battletomes expand on which realms indeed. I was going to included Seraphon and Pestilens but I can't remember their books really dealing with the lore of specific realms and more just general stuff.

I guess you could agree that Pestilens helps to expand on the realm of Chaos itself and how it is interacts with other realms, in which case I'd also like to add Everchosen.

I haven't read much black library stuff or the realmwars so I didn't include them but from what I can gather Ashqy, Shyish and Ghyran seem to show up a lot with Ulgu and Hysh being pretty rare. Please correct me if I'm wrong however.

1 hour ago, Yoshiya said:

I guess you could agree that Pestilens helps to expand on the realm of Chaos itself and how it is interacts with other realms, in which case I'd also like to add Everchosen..

How dare you name this traitor-meat in front of mighty Verminking!

does man-thing not know that pestilence will never scurry-run in the name of the great horned rat.

(just joking although I will always see them as traitor meat, thanks to this preposterous chaos-things, who took them into there armie) 

now I don’t know if pestilence will be put back together, but you could say that the generic skaven faction is located in some sort of underrealm (it’s still the realm of chaos just much, much different) 

there isn’t much lore about the skaven right now, but the malign short story gives the viewer a bit of lore where the capital city-burrows of this little fellow is located at 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

That download page is much tidier. Last time I looked for something on there I gave up, it was a mess. I tend to use the links on the lexicanum wiki, as they have nice tidy grids and everything is easy to find. Hope they add the legends warscrolls and army books on there too, as they can be a pain to find as well.

13 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

Crikey all those things on last chance to buy is a bit of a worrying trend, on top of the confusing disappearance of greenskins, which are still advertised in this months white dwarf!

From what I gather GW is changing printers for the cards and currently dont' have one so they've set it all to last chance. I believe their plan is to negotiate a new printer and get it back on track. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, novakai said:

Hmm the one that seem most alarming in the last chance to buy section are the battlemages, who I believe are currently are plastic models.

Battleforce box where always a limited release but I though they would around a little bit longer.

Battlemages?

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Hmm the one that seem most alarming in the last chance to buy section are the battlemages, who I believe are currently are plastic models.

Battleforce box where always a limited release but I though they would around a little bit longer.

That's the old two pack on square bases that's on last chance to buy. The four pack on round bases, which is a better deal per model, is still on sale.

On another note, it looks like Orcs and Goblins(as in the WHFB faction) have have gotten the same full Warhammer Legends treatment the Dark Elves got. Probably won't affect Ironjaws, Gloomspite, or Bonesplitterz other than some models will be usable in both, but I can't imagine it's a great sign for all the Gitmob and Greenskinz stuff that's being purged from the store.

• Like 2