The Rumour Thread

I think the mist has more to do with the properties of the realm of Ulglu akin to the old Lore, meaning misty, grey and illusionary, rather than pitch black darkness. I think it serves us well, that the Mortal Realms are defined by the symbols and properties of the old Lores of Magic. Like Chamon not just being a realm of Metal, but also of alchemical transmutation and Fyreslayers carrying around a lot of keys, which where a minor Symbol of the Lore of Fire.

Many newer, CaD produced miniatures have magical swirls of some kind, so I don't really see it as a death related hint.

The elements of the design with the strongest connection to another faction are the bird skull and armor trims. The first suggests a Tzeentch connection, the second is commonly found on Chaos Mortals. That would point at a connection to Chaos, though not strongly enough to suggest Allegiance.

There are also the Moon designs, which aren't rare in elves, but where really more of a High Elf Symbol. I think it is a reference to Lileath, but my High Elf Lore is very weak and I found nothing on various wikis, though I seem to remember that the meaning of every common elven Symbol was explained at some point. Any old Loremasters of Hoeth around who know more?

Purple doesn't really particularly point at Death. I see it more as a continuity with previous evil elf lines, as purple has been strongly used on most of the old dark elf studio armies (and some Dark Eldar) and is likely still a favorite of Morathi and Malerion.

Really, right now both the Mistweaver Saih and Tenebrael Shard are grouped as Order and I think that is where Shadowkin will remain. I think when your source says that you are close, that is in there being some rumor engine posts pointing at a dark magic using, Malerion and Malekith led Shadowkin faction at odds with the other factions of Order. That faction being in GA:Death, I think is where you miss.

• Like 1

This is the lore for the mistweaver.

Able to turn the minds of her enemies against them, the Mistweaver Saih is a sinister figure hailing from the Realm of Shadow. Very little else is known about her, and her emotions, motivations and allegiances are impossible to understand. The only other certainty is that she is an immensely powerful enchantress, disturbingly serene in the centre of her storms of illusory horror and violent bloodshed.

47 minutes ago, Nico said:

Looks like @Thomas Lyons was right about the Archmage and Swordmasters becoming Swifthawk Agents. That is very interesting.

Good news re 120 points for Spireguard.

Is the spell for the Archmage new?

This really is a game changer for Swifthawk, esp since the Archmage on Dragon can be brought into the faction (through the battalion). 

Hmm.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

Battalion lets one unit move or shoot in the hero phase. If you brought a big unit that could be alright. Doubt we have the new Kunnin Rukk on our hands though.

Yeah, its not like any of their baseline units have 3 shots per model or anything and wound on 2+ with passive buffs...oh wait...

120 shots (60 twice) with a maxed unit of Reavers, 60 hits, 50 wounds at Rend 0. 1660 points for the min battalion with max Reavers and 2 Skywardens. It's good and could well be competitive, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's the same hobbykiller as the Sedge list from Warlords (sorry Sedge).

2 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

Slaanesh is still on Archaon's shield.  He/she could still be something else now though.  

If you think of the chaos gods as 4 super power daemons(which the horned rats ascension kind of prooves) then it's possible he has dropped down to horned rat pretty end times level or lower aka an uber powerful daemon.

I reckon that slapdash will be held at arms length as secondary villain until they decide how to best sell his aesthetic.

There's been a lot of talk about an AoS Tzeentch release. With the Tzaangors essentially being an AoS kit this seems very likely, it would make sense for the cloak to belong to a Tzeentch character. An aelf release would rock but I think that's probably wishful thinking.

Yeah, its not like any of their baseline units have 3 shots per model or anything and wound on 2+ with passive buffs...oh wait...

Savage Orruk Archers are so broken as they have a unit cap of 40 (should be 20 - problem goes away) and cost 100 points for 20 wounds (should be 140), not 160 points for 10 wounds. Plus exploding attacks command ability that shouldn't work on pew pew; and easy access to reliable +1 to hit buffs whether they choose Destruction or Bonesplitterz Allegiance Pack.

I don't believe it will be Death aligned. Nagash is Death. That is very much a fact in every bit of story so far. Not that it might not change. Shadow and Death aren't far apart. It just doesn't quite fit, IMO.

Malerion trying to get back Aelven souls and stuff though, definitely plausible. Maybe some sort of wraith stone system for returned souls?

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

I don't believe it will be Death aligned. Nagash is Death. That is very much a fact in every bit of story so far. Not that it might not change. Shadow and Death aren't far apart. It just doesn't quite fit, IMO.

Malerion trying to get back Aelven souls and stuff though, definitely plausible. Maybe some sort of wraith stone system for returned souls?

I suppose it will depend entirely on where Malerion stands when all is said and done and what the exiles will do in relation to that.

The exiles are currently serving Sigmar. While they are doing what they are doing they are servants of order. Dosent really matter if they like it or how they go about it they are fighting for Sigmar and Sigmars goals therefore they are Order.

When Malerion pops back up it will depend on where his character goes. If he is going to go full Dark Aelf then he may be seen as a more chaotic or atleast non order figure. But if he sides with Sigmar or even if he decides that he is against sigmar however wants to build his own domain and rule.

Hes still order by definition. Fyreslayers will serve Chaos however they still somehow fit into order . . . .

Then it will depend if the Exile fluff will advance once Malrion shows himself. Will they all flock to his banner or is he now ruleing an entirely new set of Aelfs that want no part of the old ones? (Like alarielle with her half elf tree people while rejecting wanderers)

However i think the simple fact is that GW are SO unlikely to change their allegiance any time soon. Imagine how many people that would upset . . . .

That was one lodge that tried to get ur - gold from chaos according to the timeline and even then they don't note what happened to them most likely betrayal majority of the lodges don't trust chaos. Who knows what state the lodge was even in to go that far? Maybe the gold madness was gripping them so they took what they could? 

Majority of the lodges take oaths extremely seriously and I doubt many of them will expect a chaos lord to keep an oath. 

Gold madness could get so bad that they would kill other Duardin and rip the runes out of their bodies. 

There are many factors. Fyreslayers are fine in order in my opinion. 

Edited by shinros

2 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

I suppose it will depend entirely on where Malerion stands when all is said and done and what the exiles will do in relation to that.

The exiles are currently serving Sigmar. While they are doing what they are doing they are servants of order. Dosent really matter if they like it or how they go about it they are fighting for Sigmar and Sigmars goals therefore they are Order.

When Malerion pops back up it will depend on where his character goes. If he is going to go full Dark Aelf then he may be seen as a more chaotic or atleast non order figure. But if he sides with Sigmar or even if he decides that he is against sigmar however wants to build his own domain and rule.

Hes still order by definition. Fyreslayers will serve Chaos however they still somehow fit into order . . . .

Then it will depend if the Exile fluff will advance once Malrion shows himself. Will they all flock to his banner or is he now ruleing an entirely new set of Aelfs that want no part of the old ones? (Like alarielle with her half elf tree people while rejecting wanderers)

However i think the simple fact is that GW are SO unlikely to change their allegiance any time soon. Imagine how many people that would upset . . . .

They've already been willing to move units out of armies and into entirely different armies (High elf Sisters of Avelorn went to Wood Elf Wanderers with the update).  This move broke all the synergies that they previously had in the compendium release.  Moving a unit from Order to Chaos isn't much different ultimately.

• Like 1