The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

In the end it really doesn’t matter if the poster-things  are somewhat human, or something different.

Afterall they are still quit good looking base decoration.

edit: although, if I had to choose something for the Sickmarines, I’d say that they are a part of the dead-things.

afterall, they are technically only beings, that had their soul left, which was then forged into a golden armor.

So no wonder Nagash hates Sigmar.

Poster things?

I mean most people wouldn't know that 

Hell I didn't know recently that Chaos space marine where born from human slave incubators, Skaven breed by having a one night stand with a Warp-laced naked mole rats, and Slann are aliens

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Poster things?

I mean most people wouldn't know that 

Hell I didn't know recently that Chaos space marine where born from human slave incubators, Skaven breed by having a one night stand with a Warp-laced naked mole rats, and Slann are aliens

Sorry for those who don’t know poster-things is a name the minority of players (mostly those who play skaven) gave the stormcast eternals. I think the reason behind the name is probably clear to most players.

As for the birth of the csm, I think yours (to novakai) is one of the best things I ever heard of.

damm skaven in space. There really is t a place save against this little fellows

Not to add fire to the topic but even if I would welcome Human factions for whoever likes them and some diversity, I wouldn’t buy them or be even remotely interested in it and I don’t think I’m the only one who plays a fantasy game because more interested in fantasy races. Even in Total War, Empire is the only faction I didn’t play and Bretonnia the only campaign I didn’t enjoy (but that is because of the game mechanics).

Anyway back to Seraphon, it looks a wonderful theory and I really hope you are right @xking

would that mean also a drop of the demon keyword? We shall see

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carnelian said:

I think I can help out if you think that post didn't have argument or engage with your post: It contains an argument by analogy by pointing out that what you are saying superhumans in aos could largely be applied to the 40k world and yet the 40k world has a rich and vibrant human faction. Therefore the argument goes that what you have pointed out about superhumans does not necessarily lead to what you are saying about a human faction.

You you might not agree with that but you've accused the poster of an absence of argument or engagement. 

Either you didn't see the argument he was making or you are being disingenuous. 

I specifically addressed *that*argument shortly after the post that was quoted, and the points that I raised there havent been addressed. However as the Mod posted shortly after all that, this isn’t the place to discuss it anyway so im not wanting to take up any more space with it here.

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

afterall, they are technically only beings, that had their soul left, which was then forged into a golden armor.

No not true, their soul gets saved only, yes. But they gain a body during the reforging. The armour does have the mystical quality to it. So it disappears when the stormcast dies etc. But in the lore there are plenty of examples of stormcast dressed in a simple robe during prayer or in soul wars studiying in the library. Can’t remember his name though. Might look it up later. 

T̶̨̗͈͙̬̼͑̔̎͊͑̍̄̈́̕ḩ̶͇̜̳͙̘̰͆̈́̿͐̑̓͝ë̷̬͍͓́̎̄́̊̎̑̕ ̶̯̍̈̈̓̅̎̄͝Ṛ̴̡͚̞͇͓͇̤̭͒̚ũ̶̙͙̟͙̲̗͚͚͇̏̏͌̌͠ͅm̶̖̦̪̹͎͕͚̼̗͎͊́̌̕̚͝ǒ̷̱̳̤u̸̖̟̘̔̓̏̂͆̈́͂͘͜͝ŗ̶̨͇͍̬͈͓̿̑̉̄̓ ̸͉̱͙̟͈̮͔͍̏̈́̌̊̄̔͛́̃ͅͅT̵̝̾̇̍̀͑̓h̶̲͖̪͉̬̥̪͔͋̂̃́r̷͉̦͛̿̾̕ę̴̧͓̤̱͎̩̻̙̈́́̃á̷̡̛͍̻̭͓͙̖̹̓͒͊͑d̷̠̻̃͗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, xking said:

Also if they were going to retcon the Seraphon lore, They would have did it when they made ageofsigmar.com site, which came out when they started AoS2.  

I think they already did. A malign portents story features a Skink leading members of his temple ship into action, with details showing they come out of the Spawning pools in the ship like they did in fantasy. And them saying their Slann is inactive so they have to take action without the input of the Slann. 

In fact from the sound of it, the summoning is just the Slann teleporting them down from their ships. 

Edited by Envyus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, xking said:

Post a thread and explain at length. Why  you think a normal human army have no place in AoS.  

I might 🙂 I tend to just write stuff into my phone on the bus though, not sure I want to use my free time to actually sit down  and compose anything just now. I will ping those who have contributed to the discussion if I do!

So an actual rumour.

While navigating through the internet's personal hellhole, I found an italian data analyst that claims his firm worked for GW. He's commented that, from what he has been told, the team that's worked on the gloomspite gitz is working on dispossessed, though he doesn't exactly know what's going on.

Take with tons of salt.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Can we have some rumours please!!!!!

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

32 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

So an actual rumour.

While navigating through the internet's personal hellhole, I found an italian data analyst that claims his firm worked for GW. He's commented that, from what he has been told, the team that's worked on the gloomspite gitz is working on dispossessed, though he doesn't exactly know what's going on.

Take with tons of salt.

Ooh whats the Hellhole :D 

Curious about this rumour as not sure how a data analyst would hear about that and I would have thought NDAs would have been in place. 

Of course, I am talking of tg. Now, I may be wrong but basically they annalized segment incomes and gave inputs based on what they saw. Full annonimate is a plus there, given  that, apparently, aos makes 27% of the sales with its *sculpts* (He hasn't specificed books, treating them as separate segments) sales currently. He only said this: they are working on them, and of course it could be false, but...

Edited by KillagoreFaceslasha

1 minute ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Of course, I am talking of tg.

Still none the wiser. Hopefully you've not missed an A off that!!!! 😤 ;)

Do you have a link? (Do I want a link!?!)

2 minutes ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

Now, I may be wrong but basically they annalized segment incomes and gave inputs based on what they saw. Full annonimate is a plus there, given  that, apparently, aos makes 27% of the *sculpt* (He hasn't specificed books, treating them as separate segments) sales currently. He only said this: they are working on them, and of course it could be false, but...

It would not surprise me that they are working on them. Looking at some of the dates on the concept art for the Gloomspite Gitz, it looks like it took a few years for the miniatures, so it's safe to say they could be working on something for Dispossessed (or in that range)

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Can we have some rumours please!!!!!

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

I don't think you can "mod hat" rumours into existence unless you're a GW Mod ;)

That said I think the closest to rumour is Skaven metals going out of production - Warlord is already listed out of production and others might well follow. Even that isn't really a rumour and is just sorta news though good news to spread. It would be a shame to see them vanish without people realising like we've just had happen with greenskins stuff. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nos said:

I explained my reasons at length and I also explained elsewhere how the guard analogy dosent fit for several reasons. Obviously feel free to disagree but I’m not swayed by your absence of argument or engagement with mine.

I posted that response before I realized there were multiple following pages requesting we return to topic.  I saw your subsequent posts after I responded.  That said I pretty much fully disagree with most of what you said.  So we can agree to disagree on this one and let things go back to rumors.

https://www.gw-fanworld.net/showthread.php/212145-Diskussion-Div-Gerüchte-für-GW-allgemein?p=3902845&viewfull=1#post3902845

A link to the german GW-Fanworld forum. The transcript starts there and goes on for a few posts.

Some of the more interesting bits (obviously take with huge amounts of salt):

TL;DR: Some factions sold way better than expected (Beastclawriders, Kharadrons, Dispossessed, Devoted of Sigmar) Some worse (Fyreslayers and ,surprisingly, Idoneth Deepkin)

I don't know what is popular in AoS since all I analize are the income numbers and that is not a good indicator of popularity. 
To make it more clear, some armies cost a lot more than others so 10 players collecting them gives way more money than 20 players collecting a cheaper army. 
The best I can tell you is what armies are selling more than GW expected or exceptionally good in general, those armies are: 
>Selling more that they should: Ironjaws, Seraphon, Beastclawriders, KO
>Selling a great lot: Tzeench/Nurgle/Khorne, LoN

I can give you a couple weird fact thou: Dispossessed and Devoted of Sigmar where supposed to be cut from the store long time ago (no squatting, just not bothering to make more of them untill a repack/redesign) but GW simply can't do that since they keep selling pretty well and so there is no reason to spend more money into upgrading the box for now.

My team is responsable for the new thing of making faction specific scenery. We noticed how making new scenery was very hard since it takes a lot of time for them to start making money since painters bought them but players did not, the only expection has been the Feculent Nurgle three, so we experimented with that idea and now they sell like hot cakes both to players and painters.

>Don't sell enough, kill your game
>You support your faction? No reason to make it any better then I suppose.

Dispossessed really can't win

Do not get me wrong, I do know that they are working on them, and I do know it's the same team behind the recent Battletome. It's just that, from a financial point of view there way less incentive to pour money on somethings that doesn't need it that mutch.

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I posted that response before I realized there were multiple following pages requesting we return to topic.  I saw your subsequent posts after I responded.  That said I pretty much fully disagree with most of what you said.  So we can agree to disagree on this one and let things go back to rumors.

Fair enough!

• Thanks 1

Idoneth look fantastic but I can understand why they might be harder sell than some others - they are the most epic and out-there of all the factions at present; being as they are flying fish on land. You know I'd wager if GW were to publish some really outstanding full battle artwork of them at war it would help them sell. And I don't mean their classic "two armies facing each other and not really engaging" but an actual battle picture that shows them in the full swing of their magical tide.

Sometimes I think that if you spark the imagination in gamers they will discover they really like a faction without realising it. Heck I'm certain GW knows this and its why they make a lot of lore and support material. Similarly its often something I think a lot of smaller compaines lack and that hinders them getting a bigger market. For me its no shock that games with artwork and lore do well. 

Also Idoneth are 100% new. There's nothing in them that even connects to previous armies so there's no "return" market. Other factions might well be selling really well because they are not just getting new, but also many returning customers eager for their armies to arise again from the ashes of the old world and take war unto the realms! 

Edited by Overread

31 minutes ago, Deepkin said:

He certainly means /tg, the 4chan tabletop games board. Would not recommend linking here, since it contains a repository of GW ebooks, armybooks, codicii and so on for free, and mods may frown upon such blatant freeeeedom 😛

Not to mention rampant racism, anti-semitism, sexism, and about every other -ism under the sun... Like most of 4chan, it's not a nice place to linger

• Like 4