The Rumour Thread

I can’t remember in which article but they posted something about new generic endless spells. Did anyone hear anything more than this or did we already conjectured what this may mean?

A bit off topic, but for how much endless spells look good, are predatory spells used successfully and/or consistently in real games?

@alghero81 "Endless spells have become a much-loved part of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, with every army having the option to take their choice of summoned sorceries. In 2019, we’ll be seeing even more, including powerful and strange new options available to any faction…"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/01/1st-dec-the-top-5-things-to-look-forward-to-in-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

No more news since then...

Edited by JPjr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrownDog said:

Hey is the Khorgos Khul model being sold on the GW store for anyone else, I can't seem to find him. Has he been removed?

Removed when they created the start collecting sets based on the SC and Khorne content of the original AoS box set (or not long after anyway)

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I can’t remember in which article but they posted something about new generic endless spells. Did anyone hear anything more than this or did we already conjectured what this may mean?

A bit off topic, but for how much endless spells look good, are predatory spells used successfully and/or consistently in real games?

It was announced somewhere over Christmas as a general thing to come, but we've only been told they are coming with no hint as to what they might be.

As for predatory spells they have a lot of uses, but are very positional critical. Because of how control swaps over (or can swap over) you need to position them carefully so that when they are used you leave them in a position where your opponent cannot fire them easily back at you and, at best, can just deflect them. So you can guarantee one good turn from them and thereafter its more of a risk; but it varies. Eg the Pendulum can only move one way; so all your opponent can do is slow it for a turn by hardly or not moving it. Meanwhile others can drift or move more freely. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elmir said:

They managed to make lots of different variations of ghosts... I'm sure they can create a ton of different ghouls if they wanted to. 

Hell, given how the FEC are heavily influenced by medieval courts, some believing Nagash is their God, some hating him for what he has done to the carrion king, they could really do a cool expansion of "religious zeal"... Turning the narrative more into a power of the church (ie Nagash) vs power of the state (represented by the abhorrents).  It would be a near perfect reflection of the madness of medieval power struggles by the juxtaposition  of worship of Nagash as god vs military power of the courts. Getting that narrative of the rogue king who defied Nagash while the mordants still worship him, could really highlight the somewhat complex relationship between Nagash and the ghouls.... No direct control, but some form of it through other means. 

Priests, bisschops, archbisschops carried on bone palanquins by crypt horrors, ghouls dressed in ragged clothing as flagellants , ghouls running around with femurs turned into blowpipes as representation of archers, catapults made out of carcasses wheeled in by these decrepit creatures etc. Make it looks and play more like a twisted version of a holy siege crusade .

Anyway, apologies for a bit of wish listing in the rumour thread. 

I am predicting that they probably going to release Ushoran finally since he is currently the only Named character for FEC that running around in AoS and he probably going to be the head honcho for all the ghoul

• Like 2

Thanks for the answers. Yes that’s what I meant, I mean better a wizard more than an endless spell when army building but I’m no tactical expert.

It is nonetheless interesting they are expanding on generic spells so maybe it’s coming also a rules update? They did mention the main plot continuing this year and the two could be linked...

49 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Cogs, pendulum and geminids are pretty reliable additions to many armies in my experience. SC Dais is a regular in 2000 points for me.

I them as an “I’ve got points left”  option. Nicer to something than nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Nos said:

Cogs, pendulum and geminids are pretty reliable additions to many armies in my experience. SC Dais is a regular in 2000 points for me.

I them as an “I’ve got points left”  option. Nicer to something than nothing. 

Geminid are an interesting mention since I discarded them as too dangerous towards me (have mostly 1 wound models). Yet the generic box with 13 spells had really only few models widely used so it’s interesting to see what they can come out with to justify another box. Best part of that one was the list of realm spells if I’m not wrong.

I know you can go mad trying to parse every single sentence GW puts out for hidden meanings, clues and the like but...

" In 2019, we’ll be seeing even more, including powerful and strange new options available to any faction…"

Does leave some wriggle room for something other just another another box of faction agnostic spells, we'll obviously get more faction specific ones over the course of the year but if we are looking at another Malign Sorcery style boxset with updated rulebook there's always a chance it could be something similar but who knows maybe something like 'Arcane Scenery', various magical odds and sods that any army can use not just ones with wizards.

But hey who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

The new rumour engine uses the same text as last week (about feeling Sharp and something to wet your taste). A fluke? Or maybe the last two are connected, which probably means the bug wings from last week are also 40k?

Edited by elfhead

12 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I know you can go mad trying to parse every single sentence GW puts out for hidden meanings, clues and the like but...

" In 2019, we’ll be seeing even more, including powerful and strange new options available to any faction…"

Does leave some wriggle room for something other just another another box of faction agnostic spells, we'll obviously get more faction specific ones over the course of the year but if we are looking at another Malign Sorcery style boxset with updated rulebook there's always a chance it could be something similar but who knows maybe something like 'Arcane Scenery', various magical odds and sods that any army can use not just ones with wizards.

Or maybe fieldcraft stuff like stakes, trenches etc

12 minutes ago, JPjr said:

For a wild moment I thought it could be generic monsters to take as mounts for heroes etc, but I don’t know if it would fit with the whole ‘no model no rules’ shtick given how it would only work with conversions. 

That’s a good point it could even be magic pieces of terrain usable by any faction reducing the gap between factions with and without battletome as much as endless spells tried so far. Now it looks even more interesting cause just more agnostic spells wouldn’t have caught my attention but if one thing Kill Team showed is how much AoS needs good scenery pieces...

10 hours ago, 123lac said:

FEC I'm not so sure about. They're a cool faction but I'm just not sure how many varieties of ghouls you can really make?

What if they decided to mash FEC and Deadwalkers together. Both of them would make theamatic sense for a team up and the bloody ragged designs pretty similar as well. It would really ‘flesh out’(pun intended) tye FEC faction and might even bring a bunch of new zombie kits..

After all I guess that if you are a ghoul, deadwalkers might work as the first line of defensive picnic baskets.🍽

14 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

What if they decided to mash FEC and Deadwalkers together. Both of them would make theamatic sense for a team up and the bloody ragged designs pretty similar as well. It would really ‘flesh out’(pun intended) tye FEC faction and might even bring a bunch of new zombie kits..

After all I guess that if you are a ghoul, deadwalkers might work as the first line of defensive picnic baskets.🍽

Maybe i guess.

I’m not sure what ghouls and zombies have incomon, nor have I heard that ghouls are able to summon zombies, but than again this is afterall aos and since Squig’s  can fly(leening towards the Squig baby with wings from the shadespire warband, not the keyword) this probably can also be possibly

Edited by Skreech Verminking

On 1/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, Nos said:

Question-how do you make a human  AOS faction fit? Black Powder was a big reason for human ascendency in Warhammer but in AOS it’s not anything special. Basically in a world run by Gods and monsters humans are just going to get annihilated by everything. Unless of course you make them Super Human, but A) they already have those and B) the whole argument as to why you need a human faction in the first place dies as soon as they’re not human anymore. Or conversely the Stormcast are obsolete if regular joes can defend their own lands and wage their own wars competently.

I disagree quite a bit.  Your same argument could apply to 40k, and yet they have managed to turn the Imperial Guard into a major army with a specific place in the setting.  I expect that the devs could very well build a standard human faction in AoS that fits the setting. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kramer said:

🚨🚨RUMOUR WARNING! 🚨 🚨 

well at least what passes for a rumour these days. A very controlled sneak peek courtesy of GW

who will claim it first? Grots  or skaven? I wonder?

980BC76E-B2A8-419B-A5E7-B36A182F4F4B.jpeg.4fdfb0be92ed838511175a3cd1d9c39b.jpeg

This is obviously a Dispossessed rumor. 

It appears that they have decided to heavily go back into mining & delving and so they had to build a squig-tracker to help reduce the incidents of miners getting constantly eaten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I disagree quite a bit.  Your same argument could apply to 40k, and yet they have managed to turn the Imperial Guard into a major army with a specific place in the setting.  I expect that the devs could very well build a standard human faction in AoS that fits the setting. 

I explained my reasons at length and I also explained elsewhere how the guard analogy dosent fit for several reasons. Obviously feel free to disagree but I’m not swayed by your absence of argument or engagement with mine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nos said:

I explained my reasons at length and I also explained elsewhere how the guard analogy dosent fit for several reasons. Obviously feel free to disagree but I’m not swayed by your absence of argument or engagement with mine.

I think I can help out if you think that post didn't have argument or engage with your post: It contains an argument by analogy by pointing out that what you are saying superhumans in aos could largely be applied to the 40k world and yet the 40k world has a rich and vibrant human faction. Therefore the argument goes that what you have pointed out about superhumans does not necessarily lead to what you are saying about a human faction.

You you might not agree with that but you've accused the poster of an absence of argument or engagement. 

Either you didn't see the argument he was making or you are being disingenuous. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nos said:

I think I can help out if you think that post didn't have argument or engage with your post: It contains an argument by analogy by pointing out that what you are saying superhumans in aos could largely be applied to the 40k world and yet the 40k world has a rich and vibrant human faction. Therefore the argument goes that what you have pointed out about superhumans does not necessarily lead to what you are saying about a human faction.

You you might not agree with that but you've accused the poster of an absence of argument or engagement. 

Either you didn't see the argument he was making or you are being disingenuous. 

TBH most people I know in the hobby don't go to much into the lore and background to argue that Stormcast eternal or Space marines are not human.

it mainly oh a very muscular super sexy bad ass human in golden power armor, that is so awesome I want to have an army of them.

27 minutes ago, novakai said:

TBH most people I know in the hobby don't go to much into the lore and background to argue that Stormcast eternal or Space marines are not human.

it mainly oh a very muscular super sexy bad ass human in golden power armor, that is so awesome I want to have an army of them.

In the end it really doesn’t matter if the poster-things  are somewhat human, or something different.

Afterall they are still quit good looking base decoration.

edit: although, if I had to choose something for the Sickmarines, I’d say that they are a part of the dead-things.

afterall, they are technically only beings, that had their soul left, which was then forged into a golden armor.

So no wonder Nagash hates Sigmar.

Edited by Skreech Verminking