The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

An order army vs a destruction army next on the menu later this year? Ironjawz v sylvaneth? 

That would be awesome!

With an updated battletome for both factions I guess it would leave many players of those army happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

If you look at ageofsigmar.com, the new store layout and the way armies were previewed on whc prior to aos 2nd I think it gives a good picture as to what soup tomes we may get.

I fully expect StD and Slaanesh to be the only big model releases for aos for the rest of the year. But I do think we can expect more army boxes like carrion empire which also include a few new kits here and there. 

An order army vs a destruction army next on the menu later this year? Ironjawz v sylvaneth? 

These all seem like reasonable assumptions. Maybe a mid sized Slaanesh update this spring or summer and a larger Gloomspite style StD update near the year's end, with a handful of minor updates scattered in between.

The Aelves have always been the big question mark to me among the potential soup factions. There are just way too many different styles going on (which is why they became so fractured to begin with). 

20 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

These all seem like reasonable assumptions. Maybe a mid sized Slaanesh update this spring or summer and a larger Gloomspite style StD update near the year's end, with a handful of minor updates scattered in between.

The Aelves have always been the big question mark to me among the potential soup factions. There are just way too many different styles going on (which is why they became so fractured to begin with). 

I do think it may be a bit of an all in one thing where you get Darkling Covens, Wanderers and a new name for the high elves as three separate factions in the same book. A bit like spiderfang, trogs and moonclan. Different keywords, but one allegiance. 

1 hour ago, Goodapollo4 said:

IJ vs Sylvaneth, updating both books, maybe a new hero for each ala-Carrion Empire...This is how you give a quick update to all our "old" AOS factions. 

IJ could really use more than a single hero though. They are pretty limited in terms of units, perhaps the most limited force so far (I don't know all, so I could be wrong). What they do, they do well but it would be great if IJ - or Orruks of any flavor - had more options to choose from. Maybe they'll start fusing stuff together more now that some factions had a few pretty awesome releases. Or perhaps give some armies more of a bonus for taking certain allies... (like more than so many % of the army could be from X allied faction or Y allied faction will benefit from certain army rules and so on and on).

Then it would be up to the player to make limited, ultra-elite lists like current IJ. I'm feeling extremely blessed with my big love Tzeentch having so many options - I could use Warriors, Tzaangors/Arcanites and Daemons all at once and that is amazing. The only thing I could wish for are new sculpts (for Warriors or Chosen), a better way for Varanguard to work under Tzeentch (one can wish...) but the first thing is probably just a matter of time - and I hope other factions will land at such a great spot one day too. Not that they are as great or deserving as loyal followers of Tzeentch but let's just say us Tzeentchians are merciful creatures. B)

4 hours ago, HollowHills said:

If you look at ageofsigmar.com, the new store layout and the way armies were previewed on whc prior to aos 2nd I think it gives a good picture as to what soup tomes we may get.

Yeah I think the same. If I am not mistaken, the faction focus we had after the release of aos 2nd were exactly same armies as we got in the current setup of the online shop. If it holds true it could mean we will see a.o  teh various aelves, everchosen/StD and skaven clans get a similar treatment as grots ( not meaning they get as many new models as grots did though) while i.e. Dispossed, KO and Fireslayers will remain separate factions with their own Battletome. saying this as a long time collector, but unexperienced player with little knowledge about all the rules an lore. 

i have no idea if GW has a masterplan, a defined end state for everything. but if they do, I guess it would make sense to consilidate and get rid of all these little factions with sometimes no more than just few models available, and  put all focus on a selected amount of larger factions each with an updated battletome and a few endless spells (with maybe the exception for the known non-magical factions) 

Makes sense to soup Aelves.

Skaven IMO should never have been broken up into micro factions in the first place. Strange Kirby era decision. Hopefully the Skaven battle tome comes with a bunch of new Skaven minis, given many of their range are still finecast if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

Makes sense to soup Aelves.

Skaven IMO should never have been broken up into micro factions in the first place. Strange Kirby era decision. Hopefully the Skaven battle tome comes with a bunch of new Skaven minis, given many of their range are still finecast if I'm not mistaken.

There are even some minis made of metal (Acolytes) 

21 minutes ago, Enoby said:

How large do people reckon the Skaven and FEC releases will be?  

I reckon the carrion feast or w/e it's called is a little taste tester to whet everyone's appetites.

I think Skaven will get a big release, like Gloomspite Gitz in scale. They deserve it. But probably not until 2020 (year of the rat?).

FEC I'm not so sure about. They're a cool faction but I'm just not sure how many varieties of ghouls you can really make?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 123lac said:

FEC I'm not so sure about. They're a cool faction but I'm just not sure how many varieties of ghouls you can really make?

Endless varieties? The options are endless really. GW has all kinds of options, from difference in size, but also wings no wings. So going from that you could have ghouls mutating more towards walking on four legs, thinking they are the warhounds, of extra legs centaur like thinking they are mounted knights. etc. etc. 

But also ghouls starting from different creatures/races could lead to all kinds of cool design choices. Not to mention different beasts for ghouls to ride on. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 123lac said:

They managed to make lots of different variations of ghosts... I'm sure they can create a ton of different ghouls if they wanted to. 

Hell, given how the FEC are heavily influenced by medieval courts, some believing Nagash is their God, some hating him for what he has done to the carrion king, they could really do a cool expansion of "religious zeal"... Turning the narrative more into a power of the church (ie Nagash) vs power of the state (represented by the abhorrents).  It would be a near perfect reflection of the madness of medieval power struggles by the juxtaposition  of worship of Nagash as god vs military power of the courts. Getting that narrative of the rogue king who defied Nagash while the mordants still worship him, could really highlight the somewhat complex relationship between Nagash and the ghouls.... No direct control, but some form of it through other means. 

Priests, bisschops, archbisschops carried on bone palanquins by crypt horrors, ghouls dressed in ragged clothing as flagellants , ghouls running around with femurs turned into blowpipes as representation of archers, catapults made out of carcasses wheeled in by these decrepit creatures etc. Make it looks and play more like a twisted version of a holy siege crusade .

Anyway, apologies for a bit of wish listing in the rumour thread. 

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 4

12 minutes ago, Elmir said:

They managed to make lots of different variations of ghosts... I'm sure they can create a ton of different ghouls if they wanted to. 

Hell, given how the FEC are heavily influenced by medieval courts, some believing Nagash is their God, some hating him for what he has done to the carrion king, they could really do a cool expansion of "religious zeal"... Turning the narrative more into a power of the church (ie Nagash) vs power of the state (represented by the abhorrents).  It would be a near perfect reflection of the madness of medieval power struggles by the juxtaposition  of worship of Nagash as god vs military power of the courts. Getting that narrative of the rogue king who defied Nagash while the mordants still worship him, could really highlight the somewhat complex relationship between Nagash and the ghouls.... No direct control, but some form of it through other means. 

Priests, bisschops, archbisschops carried on bone palanquins by crypt horrors, ghouls dressed in ragged clothing as flagellants , ghouls running around with femurs turned into blowpipes as representation of archers, catapults made out of carcasses wheeled in by these decrepit creatures etc. Make it looks and play more like a twisted version of a holy siege crusade .

Anyway, apologies for a bit of wish listing in the rumour thread. 

Man this is awesome, if its not going to happen a release like that your suggestion could be an awesome themed army.  

Also I think skaven will not have a huge realese but just new models for old units (skryre in particular) : they already have centerpiece models but maybe GW would expand the range and lore of eshin with some other realese in the far future. (tough as a skaven player for the last 10 years i would love a tons of new models but that is unrealistic)