The Rumour Thread

Whilst I don't think they are a priority, I think if the current trends continue then Slyvaneth may be due for a minor update to their allegiance ability. The core of their identity is that they had a unique terrain piece they interacted with but so far every release looks to be included a major terrain piece (for a grot focused armies and beast of chaos I'd say the terrain pieces are almost as core to their design as well) that gives considerable buffs. At this rate the only unique things about the ability with be the teleport and the ability to make more than one (though with multiple boats or loonshrine sized pieces it becomes harder to place them).

I'm not saying they need a buff, just something to keep their identity intact and as such something like a very minor extra to their allegiance would be good (not really sure what but personally I see their core themes as trees, healing and magic so something that interacts with one of them).

7 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

i dont know where the rumor came from or how valid it is, however if we assume its true, i wouldnt expect any army that had alligence abilities printed in their battletome to get updated, with the exception of maybe khorne due to Wrath & Rapture (the changes from that will no doubt be applied to the other daemon units making the whole book near useless due to the amount of erratas). id expect the following battletomes to get updated:
-Everchosen (rolled into Slaves To Darkness with the rumored Darkoath release)
-Skaven Pestilens (rolled into a combined Skaven book like Beasts Of Chaos)
-Fyreslayers
-Ironjawz
-Flesh Eater Courts
-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword)

this is just speculation on my part, but it makes sense to update these before things like Sylvaneth, Beastclaw Raiders or Kharadron Overlords

Hm, the question is, will Ironjaws get some new models (at the moment they have 8 choices or 9 with Ironskull's Boyz). In fact, could it be possible that Ironjaws and Bonesplitterz could share one book, still having there own two Allegiance Abilities like with Legions of Nagash (or sharing the same with different rules for there Subfaction, like with Gloomspite Gits). In case of Age there are only 3 month between both battletomes, even with the difference that Bonesplitterz was one of the First Battletomes with Allegiance Abilities.

Edited by EMMachine

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-1-2019

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Two sets of resin heads for Stormcast Eternals from Forgeworld! 

I wonder if they'll address alternate heads for other factions too - I hope so if only to avoid the Stormcast becoming Marines in marketing fully! 

Can't say I'm impressed by any of them nor the idea of the upgrade kits in general. The last stormcast all vanished basically meaning people were left with half upgraded armies. I wish they'd just put out new models instead of upgrade packs though I guess these are money makers.

As for the heads themselves, half the female ones are far too small for the bodies. The sequitor on the top right in particular looks kind of ridiculous. The males look a bit better but some are just silly and unimaginative (a lightning bolt eye patch? Seriously?). 

Also, is it just me or does the quality seem a bit off? I think it's made even more obvious since they put them on new models but I think the plastic stuff looks a lot better than these.

That said, for positives it's good to see FW releasing more for AoS (even if I can't afford any of it living in Japan...) and hopefully signals the start of an expanding of their frankly pathetic fantasy range.

6 minutes ago, Yoshiya said:

Also, is it just me or does the quality seem a bit off? I think it's made even more obvious since they put them on new models but I think the plastic stuff looks a lot better than these.

I think the problem is that because they are using a white background, they don't look quite right. Also the image with the female heads on the Stormcast bodies looks photoshoped to me, which is why they might not look quite right.

8 minutes ago, Yoshiya said:

That said, for positives it's good to see FW releasing more for AoS (even if I can't afford any of it living in Japan...) and hopefully signals the start of an expanding of their frankly pathetic fantasy range.

Part of the problem is that they have never really had a dedicated team for Fantasy/Age of Sigmar. It's only recently they've started building a team but it's only a few people so will take a while for us to see things.

• Thanks 2

Have to say, love them. Im sure some will look odd, but the correct posing will help. Only irritation for me is ive just built all mine!

I hope they do other upgrade packs, i like being able to customize my stuff.  I appreciate some people would like new and different stuff, but everyone wants something different so you can never please everyone, but i fully anticipate we will be another batch of Stormcast-hate as usual <yawn>.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword) 

Highly doubtful. Rules as written will remain as they are, Malign portents made mention that there are both memory daemon versions and physical versions now.

The stormcast heads are insane. Way to expensive. I'm normally ok with the price point GW set (even if I'd always like to pay less) but that is insane for a handful of heads. I'm also very surprised that the people on facebook that are always yelling about having more female models in the game are not complaining that there is a charge for female heads! (Though they don't have a head to stand on- as there is the male pack too!)
At this point though I'd rather make a green stuff mould of the female heads we already have than pay that sort of money.

I am surprised that they don't just add more spare heads to the stormcast kits (and a lot of other kits as well) The new troggoth kit has something like 8 alternative heads and they are large multi part. I know that is probably because they have less other options or parts but I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze and extra head or two on sprues.

15 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I am surprised that they don't just add more spare heads to the stormcast kits (and a lot of other kits as well) The new troggoth kit has something like 8 alternative heads and they are large multi part. I know that is probably because they have less other options or parts but I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze and extra head or two on sprues.

They definitely had a design shift with SC - the early kits have no bare heads at all. The Sequitor kit is also really bad for its lack of head variety (and pose variety too), though they ones they do have are better than the FW kit.

14 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Highly doubtful. Rules as written will remain as they are, Malign portents made mention that there are both memory daemon versions and physical versions now.

The stormcast heads are insane. Way to expensive. I'm normally ok with the price point GW set (even if I'd always like to pay less) but that is insane for a handful of heads. I'm also very surprised that the people on facebook that are always yelling about having more female models in the game are not complaining that there is a charge for female heads! (Though they don't have a head to stand on- as there is the male pack too!)
At this point though I'd rather make a green stuff mould of the female heads we already have than pay that sort of money.

With regards to the seraphon maybe both will be in the book. Like the beasts greatfrays , you could choose to be celestial demons and gain the teleport ability or choose to be physical and get another ability

• Like 3

Those heads look good but I agree about the white background and the photoshopped appearance of the female heads. The male ones look a lot better in the 4-panel close up image, which the female ones lack. The hair isn't amazing, mind.

They're varied too and not just in expressions or accoutrements. Nice to see some which are clearly not the usual Caucasian facial features.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Thats fairly standard FW pricing.  As has been said SC previously were never without a hat, they changed that with Sacrosanct by supplying a few options in the kits (13 i think in Sequitors, 7 helmets, 6 without), but not so much they wouldnt match with original stuff. This is just a way to provide options for people who want a lot of models without helmets.

Edited by stato

1 hour ago, Yoshiya said:

Can't say I'm impressed by any of them nor the idea of the upgrade kits in general. The last stormcast all vanished basically meaning people were left with half upgraded armies. I wish they'd just put out new models instead of upgrade packs though I guess these are money makers.

As for the heads themselves, half the female ones are far too small for the bodies. The sequitor on the top right in particular looks kind of ridiculous. The males look a bit better but some are just silly and unimaginative (a lightning bolt eye patch? Seriously?). 

Oh its an instant buy for me. I’ll of course judge the quality then but it’s somehting I was considering anyway, was close to ordering a bunch of freeguild head for that reason. Might still for extra variety but especially female heads is a great boon 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Overread said:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-1-2019

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Two sets of resin heads for Stormcast Eternals from Forgeworld! 

I wonder if they'll address alternate heads for other factions too - I hope so if only to avoid the Stormcast becoming Marines in marketing fully! 

I really hope they start doing some Celestial Warbringer characters and upgrade kits

3 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I really hope they start doing some Celestial Warbringer characters and upgrade kits

If you want shields and shoulder pads they already do https://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/Stormcast-Eternals-Knights-Excelsior-Upgrades (I don't know why they are called Knights Excelsior Upgrades).

If you want some items like magical books, lightning-like trinkets etc. then I agree it would be cool to see that kind of upgrade packs.

20 minutes ago, michu said:

If you want shields and shoulder pads they already do https://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/Stormcast-Eternals-Knights-Excelsior-Upgrades (I don't know why they are called Knights Excelsior Upgrades).

If you want some items like magical books, lightning-like trinkets etc. then I agree it would be cool to see that kind of upgrade packs.

I already use these! My entire stormhost before Sacrosanct has them, and I hope they start making them for Sacrosanct - they don't quite match the shields, sequitor female sized shoulders, and Evocators

11 hours ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

There are so many erratas in these two books, and the KO ones happened 3 months after it came out... And still msrp's full cost!

That point needs to be hammered home and stated publicly regularly. How is it remotely ok to sell a known defective product at full price?

I am hugely supportive of the new GW, but that is a big negative on them, in my opinion.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, VoodooChileIRL said:

I kind of like them, though this particular Stormcast looks like a Deadite from Evil Dead:

1181385475_WhatsAppImage2019-01-18at11_51_37.jpeg.b663c98f9a4605e4be5049a08d43e371.jpeg

I'm sure it's just the angle/lack of a paint job, but all I can think of now is "SWALLOW YOUR SOUL! SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!!"

Haha that’s just one reforging to many ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm smelling a blank week at GW shop 9_9

I wouldn't really say that its just there's nothing really coming out next week for AoS apart from Mollog's Mob and the Godsworn Hunt which is more a Warhammer Underworlds release and then the next week will probably be Genestealer Cults for 40k or something. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least a little bit of a lull in AoS releases between now and whenever Carrion Empire comes out considering we just got a huge Gloomspite Gitz release.

21 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I wouldn't really say that its just there's nothing really coming out next week for AoS apart from Mollog's Mob and the Godsworn Hunt which is more a Warhammer Underworlds release and then the next week will probably be Genestealer Cults for 40k or something. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least a little bit of a lull in AoS releases between now and whenever Carrion Empire comes out considering we just got a huge Gloomspite Gitz release.

Some re do of old battletomes have been rumoured for end of jan beginning of feb. Although this was from a gw store manager (not my source) so take the whole salt shaker lol

6 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Some re do of old battletomes have been rumoured for end of jan beginning of feb. Although this was from a gw store manager (not my source) so take the whole salt shaker lol

Flesh Eater Courts battletome in that time frame along side (or very near) the release of the FEC vs Skaven box.

4 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Flesh Eater Courts battletome in that time frame along side (or very near) the release of the FEC vs Skaven box.

Why do you suspect that? Khorne vs Slaneesh was teasted in August. didn't come out til December. Who knows when they'll finally get a book. 

40k Tooth and Nail came out months ago too, they have a couple new GSC models, book still not in sight. 

Everyone wants their battletome to be released next, but the fact is that there are about 8rumoured/expected to be released this year  (not counting new factions gw has up their sleeves). Some of those might not even happen, but some that are will have to wait until fall.... 

14 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

40k Tooth and Nail came out months ago too, they have a couple new GSC models, book still not in sight. 

The community site is already showing previews of new models and rules - this book is getting announced in a week or two.  I would not be surprised to see pre-orders hit as early as jan 26.

Edited by Skabnoze

9 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

The community site is already showing previews of new models and rules - this book is getting announced in a week or two.  I would not be surprised to see pre-orders hit as early as jan 26.

I'm told It'll be the 26th, GSC book is going to be in this week's Next Weeks's Preorders. Though this is coming from a guy who's info is vague and he might just be making guesses and getting it right sometimes and some of the vague predictions still haven't hit their time yet(remaining plastic kits will get round bases this year and new battletomes for old armies). This is the most specific info I've heard from the guy and will probably help me decide if he's legit of full of ******. He said that GSC will be last weekend of January for preorder and that FEC would be out in February along side their new box. The closest the guy got was Soul Wars. He's said that there's going to be a new box set and general narrative, but he also said the the core rules were getting a small bump with some clear up, and general errata and FAQ inlined, but it didn't seem like a new edition, maybe a 1.5. But in fairness, the new rules don't say anything about the edition number, and if you read the first and second edition rules next to each other, you might think the later is a clean up of the former.