The Rumour Thread

Cubicle 7 announced on reddit that we should have some info about AoS RPG soon. Here is the post.

Spoiler

Howdy folks,

Mods, hope this alright to post here!

My name is Emmet Bryne, I'm a producer with Cubicle 7 Entertainment. Some of you might know us already as last year we released Warhammer Fantasy 4th Edition. We also make the The One Ring and Adventures in Middle-earth RPGs for the Lord of the Rings, as well as the Doctor Who RPG. More importantly, we are currently in development on the Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game.

In the coming weeks we'll have some big news to share about the Age of Sigmar RPG, so if you'd like to keep up to date you can head over to our Facebook page at the link below. I'm also on twitter where you'll find some of my wandering thoughts as I help write and develop the game. And lastly, there is Warhammer Fantasy RPG Discord, and they have been kind enough to create the "aosrpg" room for us in there.

Thanks folks. Any questions, pop them below, but just be warned that there's only so much I can answer right now.

All the best

- Emmet

C7 Facebook

C7 Twitter

My Twitter

Ratcatchers Discord

PS: I realise this is sort of a "news about upcoming news" post, but I wanted to start engaging with all of you fine folk sooner rather than later. We're starting to build the community around the Age of Sigmar RPG and I'm keen to get everyone's thoughts while we're still deep in development. Thanks all

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

@Ben As Cubical 7 seem keen to reach out to the community might be worth you dropping them an email and invitation to head over here to TGA! Throw up a subsection for the RPG game on the forums and welcome them to come share news and tid bits here (since we'd only be repeating any news announced here anyway). :)

• Like 6

well the picture feels like dragon wing and this makes malerions aelves good as confirmed plus we are getting near to wrath and rapture and flesh eater courts kinda accidentally confirmed there are multiple armies gonna be released in the same batch. thus malerion releasing hounds to keep slaneesh in check is kinda perfect simultaneous release which wets everyone's appetite same time and boosts the sales sky high.

25 minutes ago, khadgar567 said:

well the picture feels like dragon wing and this makes malerions aelves good as confirmed plus we are getting near to wrath and rapture and flesh eater courts kinda accidentally confirmed there are multiple armies gonna be released in the same batch. thus malerion releasing hounds to keep slaneesh in check is kinda perfect simultaneous release which wets everyone's appetite same time and boosts the sales sky high.

(つ•̀ᴥ•́)つ*:・゚✧,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Here, thought you could use some of these.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, michu said:

Interestingly, Cubicle 7 answers questions as if they already wrote the core book.

If they are in the public marketing and consultation phase chances are they have written the core of the book already. Or at least got the solid foundation and direction that they want to take established. There's nothing worse than trying to interact with the public if you've got no idea what kind of product you're making to begin with. Even if the market hates it, it at least gives a solid foundation to base discussions off. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

There's nothing worse than trying to interact with the public if you've got no idea what kind of product you're making to begin with. Even if the market hates it, it at least gives a solid foundation to base discussions off. 

Sounds familiar....

And we have an explanation of delay

Spoiler

Howdy,

There were a couple of factors to the delay. A big part was the focus on Warhammer Fantasy, but as well as that the company has also moved its offices from the UK to Ireland and greatly expanded the team. One of the first things to fall away when things are stretched thin and deadlines loom is communication. However, we now have a dedicated Social Media and Marketing hire who is helping to correct this. A big part of that is also having the producers for each line (so myself for Age of Sigmar) reach out to the community and to try to spread the news.

If you'r interested our CEO Dom posted about the changes back in November here: http://cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-news/

And if I can help any more just let me know

EDIT: And also some introduction to the system

Spoiler

Nope, Age of Sigmar will be a brand new system built from the ground up. Exploring the Old World and exploring the Mortal Realms are very different experiences so we wanted a system that felt more like Age of Sigmar.

In relation to VTT support, this is something we're working on across all of our lines. I play online myself so I'm keen to support it. Would you like to see full adventures or would simply having maps and handouts be enough? How in-depth would you want the support

Edited by michu

26 minutes ago, michu said:

Interestingly, Cubicle 7 answers questions as if they already wrote the core book.

RPGs can take a long time to playtest. If they plan on releasing the game this year, then it wouldn't surprise me at all if the book is largely finished, and they are busy working out the various kinks and bugs with the way abilities and mechanics interact. The core mechanics and the structure of the game has most likely been set in stone for a while, and that's what much of the text will likely be.

So I know it's a bit of a longshot but I've seen some rumors about older Battletomes getting updated this summer (with new rules, their own terrain pieces, endless spells, etc.) and I'm wondering if the Beastclaw Raiders were apart of these rumors or whether I'll have to wait a while before an update?

22 hours ago, Grumulzag said:

So I know it's a bit of a longshot but I've seen some rumors about older Battletomes getting updated this summer (with new rules, their own terrain pieces, endless spells, etc.) and I'm wondering if the Beastclaw Raiders were apart of these rumors or whether I'll have to wait a while before an update?

i dont know where the rumor came from or how valid it is, however if we assume its true, i wouldnt expect any army that had alligence abilities printed in their battletome to get updated, with the exception of maybe khorne due to Wrath & Rapture (the changes from that will no doubt be applied to the other daemon units making the whole book near useless due to the amount of erratas). id expect the following battletomes to get updated:
-Everchosen (rolled into Slaves To Darkness with the rumored Darkoath release)
-Skaven Pestilens (rolled into a combined Skaven book like Beasts Of Chaos)
-Fyreslayers
-Ironjawz
-Flesh Eater Courts
-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword)

this is just speculation on my part, but it makes sense to update these before things like Sylvaneth, Beastclaw Raiders or Kharadron Overlords

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

i dont know where the rumor came from or how valid it is, however if we assume its true, i wouldnt expect any army that had alligence abilities printed in their battletome to get updated, with the exception of maybe khorne due to Wrath & Rapture (the changes from that will no doubt be applied to the other daemon units making the whole book near useless due to the amount of erratas). id expect the following battletomes to get updated:
-Everchosen (rolled into Slaves To Darkness with the rumored Darkoath release)
-Skaven Pestilens (rolled into a combined Skaven book like Beasts Of Chaos)
-Fyreslayers
-Ironjawz
-Flesh Eater Courts
-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword)

this is just speculation on my part, but it makes sense to update these before things like Sylvaneth, Beastclaw Raiders or Kharadron Overlords

I agree with your assessment, but I think tzeentch and KO are in the same boat as khorne demons post W&R.  There are so many erratas in these two books, and the KO ones happened 3 months after it came out... And still msrp's full cost!

1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

This is great news for the Bonesplitterz who will finally be able to sink their teeth into some delicious dinosaur meat!

• Haha 3

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-1-2019

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Two sets of resin heads for Stormcast Eternals from Forgeworld! 

I wonder if they'll address alternate heads for other factions too - I hope so if only to avoid the Stormcast becoming Marines in marketing fully! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2