The Rumour Thread

18 hours ago, SlaaneshCultist said:

Theory: The Ruination Chamber will be made up of all the Stormcasts who have been reborn so many times they have lost all humanity but gained strange abilities and are now essentially little more than daemons of lightning and order. Dangerous and unstable but powerful.

16 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Is this something viable??

In 40k Blood Angels have something similar in the Death Company, so I consider it quite viable and hold the same theory for quite a while now.

Adding to that, the other likely interpretation, that it would be the chamber of warmashines, went out of the window when the Sacrosanct included the Ordinators and a war engine.

They might be less angelic/daemonic than SlaaneshCultist describes, but the idea that the dehumanisation of the reforging will progress to a point where the afflicted can no longer be fielded within the regular formations seems almost inevitable.

26 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Rumour Engine for this week :

Jan15-RumourEngine3jhvfhg.jpg

Looks like an insect wing?

The teaser calls it "something to wet the appetite" which might point to FEC. I think it might be a cloak rather than wings. Pointed ends like this are a somewhat common element on Death cloth and armor, though the cloaks tend to be more frayed than this looks from the small bit shown.

I definitely place this in GA:Death and I can't see Death getting more than FEC and maybe a season three Shadespire band this year, so I think this indeed foretells more FEC to come with a Battletome. Of couse, I already thought FEC would get more kits, as right now they are just to small a faction to warrant a modern Battletome, so I am entirely biased.

It doesn't look like the current Vespids and I would think GW would have waited with Kroot Killteam rules if they had new stuff for them in the Pipelines. On the other hand "wet your appetite" fits them quite well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mmmbbb3 said:

hammerhall herald is actually a pretty good place for getting hints from GW, i looked and it looks like they hinted ad both gloomspite gitz, and the flesh eater courts, however i may be wrong as i have no idea when they were posted

Have to be careful about that.  They did hint correctly about Goblins and even Beasts, but they hinted just as strongly about Skaven before that, and there was nothing at that time for those little guys.  And the first dozen or so pages seemed like they were all about KO...

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

Honestly I don't think they hint at all with their comics - anything new tends to be purely accidental if it gets any comic reference before the release. 

While there are usually teasers or rumors beforehand, the Hammerhal Herald is very often topical. 

There were 3 about beastmen, at least the first one was before the reveal.
The 3 headed khorne dog had a post before the mini was announced or revealed

FEC got one before that box set was revealed
"Do not Look at the Moon" came out a week before Gloomspite reveal, but after a teaser that the next trailer was destruction (and badmoon related)

3 hours ago, bsharitt said:

At first glance I thought maybe new Vargulf, but it does look a bit off as the undead winged models have bones through them typically.

They also are usually tattered and this one is not.

My guess is also that this is some sort of insect design.  Insects feel more AoS to me than 40k, but I am a bit at a loss to think about where they would add something insectoid and relatively non-corrupted or undead.  This rumor is quite interesting.

4 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

What if... it’s an insect army for AoS? I mean it would be a huge surprise AoS army release and a completely new race too. Now odds are it’s something for the fec but it’s fun to imagine the possibilities. 

They have teased images up to a year in advance before.  Rumor engine does not mean it is coming soon.

• Like 2

Well the hint directly says "sink your teeth into" and "whet your appetite" both of those lines pretty directly imply a Flesh-Eater Courts model. The fangs are also very hooklike which fits that aesthetic. 

Seraphon teeth are flat and rounded rather than the hooked barb style.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

Well the hint directly says "sink your teeth into" and "whet your appetite" both of those lines pretty directly imply a Flesh-Eater Courts model. The fangs are also very hooklike which fits that aesthetic. 

It could imply Kroot, too. 

Not saying it is, just that I wouldn't jump to any conclusions

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

Reading the Gloomspite battletome

they gave a brief background paragraph on the Grotbag Scuttlers being a different sub faction of grots from the Gloomspite and Gitmobs who went to live in the  mountain ranges instead of underground during the age of chaos and develop an aerial sky force. 

From the amount of info and exposition, it does look GW has plans or are planning to make Grotbag Scuttlers into a new army in the future 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

Reading the Gloomspite battletome

they gave a brief background paragraph on the Grotbag Scuttlers being a different sub faction of grots from the Gloomspite and Gitmobs who went to live in the  mountain ranges instead of underground during the age of chaos and develop an aerial sky force. 

From the amount of info and exposition, it does look GW has plans or are planning to make Grotbag Scuttlers into a new army in the future 

Yeah, I got that feeling too. They mentioned Grotbag Scuttlers several times in the Gloomspite book. I'm pretty sure they're foreshadowing a future release :) propably not until well into next year, but hey.. I'll be throwing my wallet at them when that time comes.

1 hour ago, Barbossal said:

Seraphon teeth are flat and rounded rather than the hooked barb style.

What teeth?  You mean the barbed shapes on the edge of the wings?  There was no teeth in this picture that I could see.

1 hour ago, Malin said:

Take your time, write slowly and correctly?

Big question, will terrain be a spawning pool?

Sorry was at work and not supposed to have phone on lol. I did hear that a spawning pool would be the terrain feature. The only thing I can back it up with is the source told me about legions of nagash before it was revealed. 

4 minutes ago, Mayple said:

@Barbossal

Personally, I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess that that wing is either Hysh or Ulgu Aelves. Just a guess though.

Edit: @Aelfric  you sneaky ninja!

I googled the 40k vespid and in a lot of the concept art they do have similarly shaped wings in regards to the hook shape.  It very well could be 40k related.

The shadow/light elves would be a neat idea.  I thought it was cool in the most recent God of War how they heavily themed dark elves as less like traditional fantasy elves and more like an insectoid hive swarm race.  They were very bee/wasp-like in that game and it was pretty cool.

• Like 2