The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, xking said:

The Knights Excelsior  are the exception, not the norm for stormcast. For Space Marines empathy for normal people is the exception not the norm. (In the 40k time point)                                                                                                The Hammers of Sigmar, the hallowed Knights, the astral Templars, The Tempest Lords, the celestial warbringers, the anvils of the heldenhammer etc. The majority of stormhost wont to go on a genocide Rampage and attack citizens.  

I know, but there is variance is all I am saying. 

• Like 1

@robinlvalentine not sure how it will pan out for AoS but for Underworlds I reckon they’ll lean into the idea that Dankhold Troggoths are like magic sponges...

So either he’ll shut down or brush off magic easily, kind of like the Briar Queen’s ‘Curse of Unbinding’ or he’s soaked up enough Shadespire Weirdness that he has some innate abilities.

i don’t have the Gloomspite battletome yet (stupid Belgian post) so haven’t seen his AoS warscroll yet, (well I saw a blurry exerpt from it that looked like his Squig retinue don’t look like they have separate warscrolls to him).

A296A491-DC57-47DA-8E8C-8893F6A52FD1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Envyus said:

Note quite. There are actually quite  a bit of variance in the Space Marine between the groups of them and Heroes can be found among them.  

The Stormcast likewise have variance, some are just as dogmatic and ruthless as the worst Space Marine chapters. The Knights Excelsior for example are really no better than what they fight, Killing  people just for witnessing their battles, being sick or defending the sick. A short story showed one of their leaders stating he was willing to torture and burn every resident of a town to discover the vampire within. 

Whereas Pretty much every Space Marine ever says that of the taint of Chaos and Heresy in every novel, short story, narrative aside, battle report fluff etc.

Stormcast are not above using darker methods to pursue their goal on occasion. Whereas Ethnic cleansing is just what Space Marines do. It’s basically their job.

HOWEVER way off track here now so apologies. 

How bout them rumours.

Edited by Nos

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Can we please wander back to discussing some rumours please?

Also for those of you moaning about this thread being more a discussion thread rather than a rumour thread - Please go to your local store or club and discuss rumours. Now please let me know if you are able to keep the whole conversation just centred on rumours and not venture off discussion some cool models or lore aspects.

It is generally accepted that TGA is about the hobby and we all enjoy Age of Sigmar. The last thing we want is for this to turn into a very mechanical thread about rumours (Which is very difficult now as GW have a very tight grasp on what we find out about).

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

Not really a rumour but a guess. Seeing how the last few releases have been Stormcast, Nighthaunt and Gloomspite, I think we can guess that Darkoath are next (which also mirrors the Warhammer Underworld releases :D )

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Can we please wander back to discussing some rumours please?

Also for those of you moaning about this thread being more a discussion thread rather than a rumour thread - Please go to your local store or club and discuss rumours. Now please let me know if you are able to keep the whole conversation just centred on rumours and not venture off discussion some cool models or lore aspects.

It is generally accepted that TGA is about the hobby and we all enjoy Age of Sigmar. The last thing we want is for this to turn into a very mechanical thread about rumours (Which is very difficult now as GW have a very tight grasp on what we find out about).

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

Not really a rumour but a guess. Seeing how the last few releases have been Stormcast, Nighthaunt and Gloomspite, I think we can guess that Darkoath are next (which also mirrors the Warhammer Underworld releases :D )

If we are mirroring underworld releases, then they need to back track and fill the holes from shadespire first! We need that skaven battletome now!

1 minute ago, RexHavoc said:

If we are mirroring underworld releases, then they need to back track and fill the holes from shadespire first! We need that skaven battletome now!

The recent Warhammer Underworld releases.... ;) (ignoring the Cult of Nine....) 

Although I think we will see a Skaven Battletome soon with the recent announcement of the Flesh Eaters vs Skaven set. 

I wonder if anyone has heard if GW are going to do another big customer public survey? The last one seemed to do rather well and highlighted to GW the need/desire to bring back Sisters of Battle as well as a few other things. It would be interesting to see if they are doing to do another one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

I wonder if anyone has heard if GW are going to do another big customer public survey? The last one seemed to do rather well and highlighted to GW the need/desire to bring back Sisters of Battle as well as a few other things. It would be interesting to see if they are doing to do another one. 

Did we ever got results ?

What were the questions ?

I forget the questions, but they were quite open and there was quite a bit of room for writing custom ideas so it wasn't just a series of tick-box results. It took them a while to process the information and they got something like 100,000 results.  I think many of the general issues might have been address quietly through the year, however the end of this post shows a summary of three things changed:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

4 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Interesting the way they describe Mollog - I think a lot of people had assumed he was some kind of Troggoth shaman, but this just describes him like a straightforward warrior. Maybe not every warband this expansion has magic? 

I hope not, otherwise im rioting when the KO one drops. 🔥 

Thought it might be worth doing a little post about the current state of play regarding rumours. 

Last year was a pretty unusual year from Gw with no less than 7 big boxed games released of which two were related to AOS. 40k had a bazillion codexes, one campaign book and 3 campaign box sets but only 3 major waves of miniatures ( I’m counting nurgle as AOS). 40k also got an absolute boat load of scenery.   Apart from Soul Wars AOS had 7 battletomes, 1 campaign book, 1 boxed supplement, 1 campaign box and 5 major waves of miniatures. 

I think we will see fewer boxed games this year.

I have a feeling we could get as many as 10 battletomes this year as we will definitely get fewer 40k codexes  but I will be very surprised if we get more than 6 waves of miniatures. 

Here is what we can expect for 2019 in order of likehood

Gloomspite book and minis 100%

Slaanesh book and minis 100% (confirmed by gw)

skaven: book 90% more than one mini 60%

Flesh eaters courts: book 90% more than one mini 60%

slaves to Darkness: book 80% minis 80%

fyreslayers: book 70% minis 60%

ironjawz: book 70% minis 60%

That makes the same number of battletomes as last year. 

Personally I think we will see one completely new faction this year as we have had one every year since launch ( 2015 Stormcast, 2016 Fyreslayers, 2017 KO, 2018 Deepkin) but that is just speculation. 

We will probably see at least one more carrion empire style box and underworlds season 3  

Anything beyond that is pure guesswork. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Well there is a new battle box featuring the FEC and Skaven. So probably has something to do with a new book dropping

Question is if any of the existing scrolls will be amended in the box and how?

Blightwars didn't have any changes aside of new scrolls.

Wrath and Rapture amended all of the scrolls on the other hand.

I would be very surprised if FEC got any new models besides the hero in Carrion Empire. It seems to be more similar to the new Necron Cryptek released in Forgebane right before the Necron 8th edition codex.

I could definitely see them getting new Endless Spells, though.

16 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I would be very surprised if FEC got any new models besides the hero in Carrion Empire. It seems to be more similar to the new Necron Cryptek released in Forgebane right before the Necron 8th edition codex.

I could definitely see them getting new Endless Spells, though.

Yeah, I agree the new hero, spells and the book. Probably that same for Skaven. Though for FEC I wouldn't be overly shocked to see a plastic Vargulf Courtier(though I think if they did have one, he's be in the box set). Overall with an updated book, I think FEC will be in a pretty good place, even if it is a sort of one or two note army. Just the way their lore is with the delusions, there's a lot ways GW can make their smallish amount of models play differently and I'd really like to see them go that route.