The Rumour Thread

On 1/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, Overread said:

Free Peoples or an unnamed human faction for Order. Considering how many humans there are in the Lore and in Order as models it stands to reason a human army for them is coming. Remembering that Stormcast are not human. 

We dont know a Human faction is coming at all. It would make sense from a Lore perspective but there’s a 100 Models that it would make more sense for them to release this year by the same logic. Dosent mean it’s happening soon.

Darkoath and the now done Gloomspite releases have been based on solid reasoning from the perspective of there actually being products for them in development. There’s been nothing that suggests an Order Human faction to that degree.

There is more in the Gloomspite releases alone (I.e the very vaguest of hints)  that point to a Dispossessed release being this year than there has been anything  pointing at a non Darkoath human faction.

Edited by Nos

Interesting note since GW has recently cleaned out the Gitmob grots from the store, the Greenskinz warboss on foot and boar is listed as no longer available in the US store and doesn't even show up in the GB store and the warboss on Wyvern is no longer available there too. I also can't find the Greenskinz start collecting anywhere. While rules will probably stay relevant for a while, maybe GW is finally cleaning out factions it has no intention of supporting.

Yeah, Flesh Eater Battletome no longer available on Canadian site, same with the French print of Clan Pestilen. Good sign for Flesh Eater collects, though I wouldn't be surprised for the skaven book to only be Skyre. As much as I want to see them recombined, I feel the rest of the skaven range needs love, and they need an excuse to make better use of the beautiful Skyre plastic kits that came out in end times.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:17 PM, Overread said:

Free Peoples or an unnamed human faction for Order. Considering how many humans there are in the Lore and in Order as models it stands to reason a human army for them is coming. Remembering that Stormcast are not human. 

Stormcast absolutely ARE human. Says so right on their warscrolls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aegisgrimm said:

Sounds like Gitmob Grots might take the Wolf Riders aesthetic and go full -on Mongolian/old school Warhammer Hobgoblins?

I was more thinking that they are acknowledged as still existing in the Mortal Realms, so the door is never firmly shut on them in AoS.  Even if nothing ever comes of it in terms of actual model or book releases, they are not "squatted"*, they just have discontinued model lines.

*Where "squatting" refers to the two-pronged attack of discontinuing a model line AND rewriting the faction out of the lore.

Well this- and I appreciate this ain't nothin' to do with rumours so I'll be brief- comes back around to the people who say Stormcast aren't Space Marines. It's dealing in semantics. Stand a Stormcast and a Freeguild next to each other. Are they the same? Not in the slightest. A halberdier with nothing but grit and cold steel between him and a violent death has nothing in common with a hulking übermensch clad in magic metal wielding a lightning hammer who, worst case scenario, will be back after getting his face smashed in by an orc orruk minus a couple of chunks of personality. Clinging to a keyword on a warscroll which exists for game purposes is not seeing the wood for the trees.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Well this- and I appreciate this ain't nothin' to do with rumours so I'll be brief- comes back around to the people who say Stormcast aren't Space Marines. It's dealing in semantics. Stand a Stormcast and a Freeguild next to each other. Are they the same? Not in the slightest. A halberdier with nothing but grit and cold steel between him and a violent death has nothing in common with a hulking übermensch clad in magic metal wielding a lightning hammer who, worst case scenario, will be back after getting his face smashed in by an orc orruk minus a couple of chunks of personality. Clinging to a keyword on a warscroll which exists for game purposes is not seeing the wood for the trees.

Anyone who thinks that Stormcast aren't the space marines of AOS are dreaming. The resemblance is annoying uncanny. 

I feel like they were designed to have the same 'easy to pick up' feel as the space marines in 40k. 

Edited by Saxon
  • Like 1

Precisely my point. People pounce on the little things- "Stormcast aren't just religious zealot warriors, and they can come back when they die, and they lose part of themselves when they do! They're nothing like Space Marines!" Pff. They're big chunky dudes in armour (check out dem pauldrons) designed to be an easy-to-start good guy introduction to the universe. They're Space Marines. And that's fine! That's fine. They're allowed to be fantasy Space Marines. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. Just... don't claim they're not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Precisely my point. People pounce on the little things- "Stormcast aren't just religious zealot warriors, and they can come back when they die, and they lose part of themselves when they do! They're nothing like Space Marines!" Pff. They're big chunky dudes in armour (check out dem pauldrons) designed to be an easy-to-start good guy introduction to the universe. They're Space Marines. And that's fine! That's fine. They're allowed to be fantasy Space Marines. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. Just... don't claim they're not.

This will be an unpopular opinion for sure but to me their inclusion cheapens age of sigmar to a small degree given that I feel GW has included them because they want young 40k players and new players to relate to AOS and everyone knows who space marines are. Fair business play I guess but i strongly dislike them as not only the resemblance but also being the poster boys of AOS. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Yeah, Flesh Eater Battletome no longer available on Canadian site, same with the French print of Clan Pestilen. Good sign for Flesh Eater collects, though I wouldn't be surprised for the skaven book to only be Skyre. As much as I want to see them recombined, I feel the rest of the skaven range needs love, and they need an excuse to make better use of the beautiful Skyre plastic kits that came out in end times.

Can confirm Flesh-Eater Courts Battletome is not available on the Australian or the New Zealand site either. Something is up this is too much of a coincidence for there not to be something coming.