The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Because Fyreslayers Thread on tga is 7 pages short. If this forum has any transposition into popularity or sales then there is no other AoS army in greater need of new models than this one.

Well if we are being serious now, I never said they could not use new models.  I simply joked that who needs anything other than angry naked midgets and volcano lizards.  Little naked guys with mohawks is the old-school dwarf slayer aesthetic that the army is based on.  Any new models are most likely to adhere to that aesthetic.  I would also not be surprised to see more volcano lizards of different types added in as that is something they have built into the fluff.  Maybe they would make a different type of mount choice, but they stick to pretty strong visual themes so I don’t see them straying far from what they are already doing and instead just making more options.

Honestly, what they primarily need is a modern battletome and the pricing issues resolved.  I expect that those are some of the largest issues in regards to army popularity.  Fyreslayers have some of the highest costed infantry in the game (I think they actually win for most expensive troops). The army is absurdly expensive to purchase due to how the troops were initially priced and how AoS pricing has changed for other forces.  If they reboxed Hearthguard so that a single full unit did not cost $240 the popularity might increase.

Pricing people out of armies has a tendency to make armies less popular.  Just look at the decline of Fantasy Battles.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

While i hope disspossesed gets some love, i wouldnt get my hopes up too much. Morathi has a dead Elf on her base and so far... nothing.

Crossing fingers tho!

We could in fact be looking at everything in reverse. Instead of meaning "these factions are alive look at their neat designs", these models could really mean "these factions are dead here are their corpses and ruins". 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Overread said:

We get bits of lore all the time and the Realm system means that we can get huge chunks of potential since Dwarves in different realms will differ here and there. Some of those diferences might feel like new armies or models to come - there's potential all around. And some might never come to be, or they are references to old things form the Old World

Sush denayers!

Simple fact that a few sculps and background elements sparks so fierce and hot debate about possibility of Dispossesed getting attention/models/Battletome proves a truth that such faction is loved/needed/awaited by a quite few players (read: worth investing by GW). 

Interesting thing to note - Battletome Flesheater Courts is sold out on the GW UK website - rare that I ever see a Battletome/Codex out of stock and I wouldn't have pegged it as being on of the "hot sellers" to run out of stocks. 

And this isn't just "out of stock" its "sold out!" 

Edited by Overread

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

Interesting thing to note - Battletome Flesheater Courts is sold out on the GW UK website - rare that I ever see a Battletome/Codex out of stock and I wouldn't have pegged it as being on of the "hot sellers" to run out of stocks. 

And this isn't just "out of stock" its "sold out!" 

Well with the new box set including FEC it is not a huge leap to expect a new book.  That had been the format for almost all of the 2 force boxes in AoS and 40k.  It would not surprise me if they stopped printing the old one in preparation.

Let’s hope they do it.  FEC are a cool concept and could use some more model variety and updated rules.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

Honestly, what they primarily need is a modern battletome and the pricing issues resolved. 

It surely differs among players but those two factors won't buy me into Fyreslayers. What is repulsive for me is their repetitiveness in both design and army building. I'm mostly a painter and simply don't want to assemble and paint 70-100 same looking midgets. It feels boring as hell to paint, watch and play such a humdrum army. They have a great theme, cool heroes but too little units. They will move with sales when they get some diversity - elite Kurnoth like units, or cavalery, or monsters, or something different than small naked dwarfs. The fire elemental theme can be easily expanded. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

Well with the new box set including FEC it is not a huge leap to expect a new book.  That had been the format for almost all of the 2 force boxes in AoS and 40k.  It would not surprise me if they stopped printing the old one in preparation.

I think this means we might have to hire a cat for TGA! Because that means new Skaven book and that means our resident rats are going to go all kinds of nuts!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think this means we might have to hire a cat for TGA! Because that means new Skaven book and that means our resident rats are going to go all kinds of nuts!

I bet this will be similar to Tooth and Claw. A new Battletome and a few new kits for the Flesh Eaters and a few months later a big release for the skaven.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aryann said:

It surely differs among players but those two factors won't buy me into Fyreslayers. What is repulsive for me is their repetitiveness in both design and army building.

I think they could keep to their theme and also add visual variety to the army.  The design team seems to be getting quite good at this.

But your point is valid.  That said, I don’t think every army is meant to be for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I bet this will be similar to Tooth and Claw. A new Battletome and a few new kits for the Flesh Eaters and a few months later a big release for the skaven.

I agree.  Question is how far off Skaven are though.  Genestealer cult seems to be lagging at least 6 months after Tooth & Claw.

16 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I agree.  Question is how far off Skaven are though.  Genestealer cult seems to be lagging at least 6 months after Tooth & Claw.

6 months with out them would be fine, Gloomspite has been a huge release, over €500 in new releases let people that went mad for them so close to christmas finishing recover their wallets.

16 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

6 months with out them would be fine, Gloomspite has been a huge release, over €500 in new releases let people that went mad for them so close to christmas finishing recover their wallets.

Well you have to figure that Genestealer Cults is the next big release wave.  They also look to be coming out with new Killteam stuff - so that will take up part of a release window.  And we don’t even know the release date for the Skaven/FEC box yet.  So I expect Skaven will be closer to late summer or early fall if they are planning a good sized release.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I am wondering where they'll find the time to release Skaven, Slaanesh, and FEC (all of which they have said are coming in some form). All of these could do with a big release, but I can't see them all getting one.

Last year we got a big Nurgle Release, the Legions of Nagash Battletome, a mid-sized Daughters of Khaine release, a big Idoneth Deepkin release, a big Nighthaunt release and a big Stormcasts release, and all that in the first half of the year. 

New stuff for all three seems entirely plausible, in my opinion. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Last year we got a big Nurgle Release, the Legions of Nagash Battletome, a mid-sized Daughters of Khaine release, a big Idoneth Deepkin release, a big Nighthaunt release and a big Stormcasts release, and all that in the first half of the year. 

New stuff for all three seems entirely plausible, in my opinion. 

Yeah definitely. People forget that Soul wars was a huge release but it kind of blends in to the background as it was to some just a new box set and another stormcast release (even though there were tons of new stormcast to go with it!) They can definitely get several armies out by the end of this year, especially as the ones people are shouting for have a lot of the models already there, even if they add to them.

I do wonder where we will be this time next year though. As once we see at least the last of the daemons, skaven and free guild books (Ignoring elves and dwarves, as though people still want WFB dwarves and high elves to return, elves currently have three books and dwarves have two) we will be in pretty much the same shape as we were when they pulled the plug on WFB. I do wonder if they will go back to starting the cycle again (as they used to do) or if they will continue to bring out small, more unique forces and begin to retire older battletomes that have had their day. I can see them doing that, as it also pushes to rush buying on armies they may otherwise had left off, as even if it is years, we are used to seeing models being around a long, long time and having them only around a couple of years is going to make them feel like they have a much shorter shelf life.

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

I am wondering where they'll find the time to release Skaven, Slaanesh, and FEC (all of which they have said are coming in some form). All of these could do with a big release, but I can't see them all getting one.

I don’t get the feeling that Flesh Eater Courts would be a big release.  I would expect a more small-medium release with a couple new heroes, a dual infantry unit, terrain, and endless spells.  Similar to how Daughters of Khaine released with just 3 new box sets.

I have another question. Does the Dankhold Troggoth have three head options?

99120209053_DankholdTroggoth04.jpg

99120209053_DankholdTroggoth05.jpg

Looking at the sprues it seems to me like there are three head options. But I might be wrong. 

As we have seen only two options, I would be interested how the last option looks like, because I don't like the Trogboss head with the fish on the head (or whatever the thing on his head is).

Edit: If there are three head options, does anyone maybe know if there exists pictures of all versions in the new battletome or somewhere else?

Edited by Infeston