The Rumour Thread

Already have 2 copies of these... but still want the new booklet :/

Hoping that those old 'highborn' warscrolls are getting updated.  I suspect the reavers, griffon and spire guard may be getting added to the Swifthawk faction.

Edited by BrAiKo

1 hour ago, BrAiKo said:

Already have 2 copies of these... but still want the new booklet :/

Hoping that those old 'highborn' warscrolls are getting updated.  I suspect the reavers, griffon and spire guard may be getting added to the Swifthawk faction.

Looks like it, whoo-hoo:

jY4lpfW.jpg

Actually quite tempted by aelves for the first time ever if the battalion for these guys is any good. I've got an interesting colourscheme I'd like to try and the Switfthawk background is super cool.

On 12/7/2016 at 2:46 PM, Mohojoe said:

Death is the least populated grand alliance so it would make sense to have kept them for the time being from a gameplay perspective as opposed to a lore perspective. I personally am a fan of moving dark aelves to the Death Grand Alliance. They dont exactly fit fantastically, but they also dont fit in the bloated ranks of order. 

As a dark aelf player I support moving them out of order but personally I think they work better in destruction than death

Well, I'll pass on that. From such a major revamp of Warhammer world I expect more than reboxing old factions and I say that even though High Elves were my favourite Warhammer FB faction (especially in Warhammer Invasion LCG). Glad that some people here are happy though. I personally am waiting for some new Elves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AAL said:

As a dark aelf player I support moving them out of order but personally I think they work better in destruction than death

I think the destruction mentality suits them more as well, however I cant see them alongside, troggoths, ogors, grots and orruks. 

I think they are one of those armies where valid arguments can be made for all of the alliances.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shinros said:

Better grab it soon considering in some territories the new boxes they have released for AOS are sold out. 

Ordered. Thanks for the warning.

Price per minituare is roughly 0,85 (euro). And it even includes some extras... Amazing!

Edited by KALITAS

Funny enough across several territories the battleforces that just got put up for sale today is out of stock. Plus the sylvaneth battle tome and novel. Just to make a point this is the japan page both the tome and this bundle is out of stock in SEVERAL territories. I don't think GW were expecting the boxes to be this popular I WAS not expecting this to happen. 

Ezcyhnp.png

On the spire of dawn box. This is the french page it appears to still be in stock in other territories but I think at the price its at people looking to start new armies and people who play 8th or 9th age etc are going to buy em up. 

tAoZJeo.png

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BasetheRuin said:

Wow, and here I was thinking the battleforces sold out quickly!

Honestly they went out as well only the khorne force is left. It's like this across SEVERAL territories and the battletome for sylvaneth and the Battletome and book bundle is also gone. On facebook everyone is in shock on how fast they went out stock. They are asking for a second print. 

HBHahZG.png

In Canada at least the battle force boxes seem to have plenty of stock. As of this morning both my local GW store and the website still had all of them available. I picked up an iron jaws one. Was tempted to also get sylvaneth but my "to paint" pile is big enough to last me until 2018...

Edited by Professor Clio

I think you will see the Giants on ebay soon enough. With no point cost for the batallion this box is only useful in a narrative game. It is Uber expensive to include a Giant into an iron jaws army. Mean you have to include at least 2 if not as many as 4 other units as you break the Ironjaws allegiance and head into.mixed destruction.

If I didn't have 15 Bulls I would be selling him.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, polarbear said:

I opted for the Spire of Dawn over the battleforces. At the end of the day, even though the battleforces were great deals, most of them just weren't the actual miniatures I wanted, and I've longed for the IoB Skaven for a long time now. 

And it's basically $1 per model.