The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I can't wait for that moon to come into full view and it be the bad moon, I'm going to be really surprised and a bit disappointing if they don't do that tbh. Do you think this is a sort of countdown for some Moonclan info maybe being posted on the community site on Christmas day? 

At this point I would be extremely surprised if that is not the case. Also someone twitter expressed disappointment that there was no Christmas reveal at the weekend. Ben Johnson replied and said "it's not Christmas yet."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For sure, they are going to show something off at christmas! They can't tease us with Grots all week and not show anything!

I'd be mighty displeased if it was just the other shadespire warband being shown again, and I don't expect them to show off as much as they did with nurgle (though that would be cool). I expected we will see something like plastic squigs or some hero model shown on christmas day. There is bound to be some super large kit (I'm hoping pump wagon or squig chariot, though a plastic squig cannon would be awesome cool) but wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one, rather seeing the arachnarok or Giant in place of a true huge kit.  

Still, I suspect we will see plastic squigs (as we've seen some in shadespire) with herders, battletome, dice and spells and probably a new stone troll replacement (as river trolls are still kinda of new kits). Not sure how much more they will pump out for them to be honest. I suspect this is going to be more like the nurgle or DoK release, as they have been teasing it for a while now, but it could be more like BoC, with very little in the way of brand new kits, just a reboxing.

3 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Fascinating that Firebellies are still stated as separate in that article.

From the day the factions were announced, I have had an inclining that the meme-worthy, solitary Firebelly might be on its own for a reason.

Ice Ogres and Fire Ogres. It would be a nice juxtaposition too...

Don't be discouraged by that too much. 

At the end of the day, the miniature designers literally managed to turn a single model (design wise): the Cairn Wraith into a fully fledged faction that only really had a handful of other models to go with them. 

So I could see them redesigning the ogres in a way where they massively expand the firebelly faction to fight alongside the gutbusters. 

I would love to see the Dispossessed get some new stuff.  Rune-based constructs would make them nicely different from Fyreslayers and the tech of the Overlords.

Some Rune Golems like the four armed ones from Runewars would look awesome on the AoS battlefield.  I already use those kits as counts-as Kurnoth Hunters alongside normal Dispossessed in Skirmish, and they fit fight in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

hmm lots of new mushrooms, but what is the new piece of purple fungus that is near the branches but not connected to the tree. to the right of the moon??

New flying mushroom squig!

Looking at it closely, it looks to be just a mistake, probably one of the lighting effects is normally covering it in the video, and it might only show up on the picture (just a guess)

5 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Fascinating that Firebellies are still stated as separate in that article.

That was a whisper on here recently of them getting their own treatment with a Hawaiian/tropical theme. So pretty much a whole new faction based on that models design....

Just a whisper though....

• Like 1

I saw new guide toconverting AoS heroes in the video. Also new Battleplans (for skirmish I think) And this new fiction will be about Kharadrons.

EDIT: Rules of Engagement (clarification of warhammer rules and other tips) are back!

EDIT2: We're also going to have some lore about Aqshy and tips for Nightvault (placement of board).

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Interesting to note - one of the pages has big title SKIRMISH with pictures under it of a whole selection of the getting started boxed sets! Sounds like AoS Skirmish is going to be a bit bigger than Killteam! 

Omg I never got any of those Skirmish boxes before. Hope these new ones are good

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Overread said:

By getting started I mean the very same getting started boxes that we have right now on sale. 

I manage to pause it on that spot. I agree look like the current start collecting boxes, 17 are listed if I counted right but 18 are on the gw page. Most I recognised eg seraphon but some too blurry to see if new or current . There are quite a few plans and a page or 2 at least of rules for skirmish

Also some shadespire stuff in there. Looks like maps and rules.

I saw something on mercenaries for kill team and crimson fists

Managed to get the back cover 

IMG_2117.PNG

Edited by Praecautus