The Rumour Thread

56 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

There's was mention of Skirmish for White Dwarf, but not details about what it is. It could easily be an article that says "Hey guys, skirmish is still a thing".

I really hope its announcing a new rulebook and boxes, ala Killteam. But it feels more likely that it'll be a rules update/scenario set in White Dwarf. Still cool to be getting something though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michu said:

"The Hammerhall Institute for Lunar Studies & Fungal Outcropping Investigation"? 

Now these are some unrelated fields of science...

BRING OUT YOUR STABBAS, GITZ!! 

Haha, hard to say in mortal realms when wyrmstars that turn things undead exist and moons can come close enough to the land to affect things with their gravitational pull (in the Hammers of Sigmar novel during the Aqshy campaign). Fungus growing to the dictates of celestial bodies is the least crazy thing to see.

Though I am concerned what it means and why you can't look at it. Is it a moon cursed by Mork that'll drive people mad? Is it a Shaman spell that'll turn them into squigs?(endless spell?)

Matches with Destruction Rising at least. Looks like they rise with the moon.

6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Spring 2k19 battletome moonclan and models, codex genestealer cults, codex black legion and models.

Summer 2k19k updated battletomes for early aos factions, primaris release, sisters of battle codex and models. 

Late 2k19 slaanesh models, battletome slaves to darkness, codex Ynnari. 

Whole year KT support, blackstone fortress support and shadespire support. 

Damn, actual rumours in this thread 😮

Plus, I'll probably be a happy cultist next year (assuming Everchosen and StD merge).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Spring 2k19 battletome moonclan and models, codex genestealer cults, codex black legion and models.

Summer 2k19k updated battletomes for early aos factions, primaris release, sisters of battle codex and models. 

I don't believe this. Purely because it implies Beastclaw raiders and a Moonclan release in the same quarter.

You can't fool me Satan! It's not that cold down there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Backlog year it is except if Ironjaws happens en maybe. Also all official chatter says sob in December 2019 at the earliest so this seems kinda fake. 

Late 2019 slanesh with new releases with w&r? I feel too much time to fully release an army that has started now... and I feel this year we will se ancient elfs, skaven, free peoples or disspossesed battletome as last year we had LoN and BoC.

Maybe Im wrong I dont know anything but I feel we will have more things

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, hard to say in mortal realms when wyrmstars that turn things undead exist and moons can come close enough to the land to affect things with their gravitational pull (in the Hammers of Sigmar novel during the Aqshy campaign). Fungus growing to the dictates of celestial bodies is the least crazy thing to see.

Though I am concerned what it means and why you can't look at it. Is it a moon cursed by Mork that'll drive people mad? Is it a Shaman spell that'll turn them into squigs?(endless spell?)

Matches with Destruction Rising at least. Looks like they rise with the moon.

The Bad Moon is a deity that actually beat Gorkamorka by breaking it's teeth when he tried to eat it.

• Like 2

Those timelines look off to me as well. I heard Moonclan, Slaanesh, Dark Oath, and then Tyrion Aelves. They have swapped around the order before though. I know for sure a new Skirmish is coming. It was in the back of the January White Dwarf. Whether or not it's the full redone AoS Skirmish based on Kill Team, I don't know. I'd kinda be surprised if it wasn't.

Edited by TheHarrower
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Ashendant said:

The Bad Moon is a deity that actually beat Gorkamorka by breaking it's teeth when he tried to eat it.

Oh neat, I knew about Gorkamorka's teeth breaking off to form their sacred mountains because of the moon but didn't know it itself was a diety.

I can certainly see that being played for a fun new spin in their tome. Both fluff and rulewise.

Also I wouldn't be surprised at a revamp of the initial tomes. Those factions keep getting spotlights on their sites, white dwarf, Herald and even the recent novels(card game too as Beastraiders just got a campaign focus as a winter battle) so it'd only makes to bring them up to speed with a quick revisit.

It'd also match-up with those Ironjawz 2019 rumors I heard so there's that.

Edited by Baron Klatz

Oh it's definitely limited which is what I saw as the point, they're elite tribes that can smash civilizations on their own or corral together other Orruk tribes, Grot hordes, Ogor raiders or wandering gargants to make a devastating Waaagh.

They could get something new but i'd think a good update is just to make them the Stormcast allies of Destruction and so can mesh with all their allies easier and better for more varieties of Destruction armies.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

Irongrots?

Ironjaws artillery?

Ironjaws engineer as irongrot/warmachine support character hero? 

I'm not sure if artillery would be a bit "un-ironjawzy". Having artillery as an allied option works better fluff-wise I think.

Grots are about as "un-ironjawzy" as it gets :D

• Like 2

Yeah, "Iron Grots" I think would be better filled out by a Grots Sky pirate faction of it's own. With ships, monsters and artillery they could supply their allies with.

For Ironjawz I feel it remains better to be the armored green battering ram army.

Though I Could imagine something explodey for them like a grenadier unit that one-time hurls explosive squigs to weaken units or bust through defenses before charging into melee.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Grot sky pirates... oh dear. My wallet would never recover.

Oh, I'd go broke so quickly and I'm usually pretty good about not buying into new armies until they get start collection boxes, especially since I only play skirmish. But I'd buy so much steampunk goblin stuff in a heartbeat.

We have a big aerial battle game planned for sometime in the future, I'd love to be able to add some goblin airships to it!

• Like 2