The Rumour Thread

I have my FEC and was going to start Nurgle but at that price I'd be interested, I played Elves (of the Dark variety though) way back when in WHFB.  I like the look but not the colors so I could paint high elves in dark tones reminiscent of Dark Elves, since they're the same relative faction now, and fluff the army as more outcast/"We want vengeance" type of elves.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broken Netcode said:

Im just thinking, with all the possible dwarf and tzeentchian teasers that have come our way, I have come up with a possibility.

A box set including both steamhead duardin and tzeentch arcanites similar to something from the 40k sets like the Raven Guard vs Tau or Blood Angels vs Tyranids or Space Wolves vs Orks campaign sets.

I don't know. Outside of the AoS starter, all those box sets have been for already well supported armies.

I mean, completely new armies sell very well in seperate kits, while boxed sets get people to buy basic units with one or two new characters.

39 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I don't know. Outside of the AoS starter, all those box sets have been for already well supported armies.

I mean, completely new armies sell very well in seperate kits, while boxed sets get people to buy basic units with one or two new characters.

I mean it worked in 40k, why not AoS? The campaign sets sold amazingly well with the characters you can only get in the specific sets. Also GW seems to be doing a lot of box sets as a sort of F you to the investors without them really knowing or caring for that matter so they get to reduce the price of the models. I mean look at the past knight titan box set, you essentially get a free knight in it. The Horus Heresy box sets cost less than buying all the marine units form 40k by a huge margin. Box sets are the way to go for value and saving money and GW have really been pushing very well it recently.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wayniac said:

#GhoulLivesMatter

LOL.

But seriously, I don't think we really need the Tomb Kings anymore. What they used to represent - Death as a force of Order rather than destructive - is covered by Nagash's followers. They were once part of Sigmar's alliance, and they seem to be moving back in that direction.

7 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

LOL.

But seriously, I don't think we really need the Tomb Kings anymore. What they used to represent - Death as a force of Order rather than destructive - is covered by Nagash's followers. They were once part of Sigmar's alliance, and they seem to be moving back in that direction.

Death is the least populated grand alliance so it would make sense to have kept them for the time being from a gameplay perspective as opposed to a lore perspective. I personally am a fan of moving dark aelves to the Death Grand Alliance. They dont exactly fit fantastically, but they also dont fit in the bloated ranks of order. 

4 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

Death is the least populated grand alliance so it would make sense to have kept them for the time being from a gameplay perspective as opposed to a lore perspective. I personally am a fan of moving dark aelves to the Death Grand Alliance. They dont exactly fit fantastically, but they also dont fit in the bloated ranks of order. 

Well I do recall that in the darkling covens section of the grand alliance order book they note some of them due indeed live in shyish. The sorceresses.

Edited by shinros

5 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

Honestly, I think they missed the boat to have Dark (A)Elves become Chaos.  In the old fluff Morathi was a Slaaneshi priestess, they could have easily made them similar to Dark Eldar in 40k, but instead of hiding from Slaanesh they embraced xir.  There were a lot of parallels in the olden days to Dark (A)Elves being linked to Slaaneshi cults (they could also join Slaaneshi warbands in the old Realm of Chaos), with them being sadistic torturers who got drunk on the blood and tears of their victims, could have easily been spun into a Slaaneshi subfaction.  If GW wasn't trying to erase Slaanesh, that is.

Order is way too bloated, while Death basically gets nothing because it's the least popular.  Compare the fact alone that Death has only one new Battletome (Flesh-Eater Courts) while everyone else has at least 2+.  Also note there was no Death Battleforce, but two for Order, and one for every other non-Death alliance.  So death definitely needs something as right now there's no compelling reason to play it.

Edited by wayniac
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mohojoe said:

A lot of hate get's thrown GW's way, but I actually think they are building Age of Sigmar for the long haul. Nothing is getting kept "for the time being." They are working hard to build a consistent world, not doing things for temporary profit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wayniac said:

Honestly, I think they missed the boat to have Dark (A)Elves become Chaos.  In the old fluff Morathi was a Slaaneshi priestess, they could have easily made them similar to Dark Eldar in 40k, but instead of hiding from Slaanesh they embraced xir.  There were a lot of parallels in the olden days to Dark (A)Elves being linked to Slaaneshi cults (they could also join Slaaneshi warbands in the old Realm of Chaos), with them being sadistic torturers who got drunk on the blood and tears of their victims, could have easily been spun into a Slaaneshi subfaction.  If GW wasn't trying to erase Slaanesh, that is.

I don't think the ship sailed at all.  The can easily release a few boxes under the 'Cult of Slaanesh' and make them Chaos aligned.  Easy peasy with the new setup.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

.... seriously, I don't think we really need the Tomb Kings anymore...

13 hours ago, ElectricPaladin said:

#NobodyCaresAboutTombKings

#SettraEatsGoatButt

#MannfredAlso

:P

#NagashForever

20161204_140355.jpg

@ElectricPaladin: This guy is pointing at you! better watch out!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, wayniac said:

Honestly, I think they missed the boat to have Dark (A)Elves become Chaos

Could always release some units with both the Order and Chaos GA's on - would be completely different to anything else we've seen and reflect them fighting for more than one alliance ;) 

31 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Could always release some units with both the Order and Chaos GA's on - would be completely different to anything else we've seen and reflect them fighting for more than one alliance ;) 

Which is probably what they should have done with the Fyreslayers, what with them fighting for anyone with ur-gold.

• Like 1