The Rumour Thread

Jervis Johnston hints at something happening for AOS skirmish:

I might be reading too much into it but as it flows directly out of a conversation about Underworlds minis and how you can use them in the core AOS game - maybe they're looking at some crossover between Underworlds and AOS skirmish?!

Edited by zedatkinszed
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

I could see them very much sharing the characters between the two! 

In fact it would be a perfect setting for skirmish and doubles the value of those models to both games AND GW! Those who don't like or don't want to try Shadspire might well use them for Skirmish and vis-versa. Plus any who do get tempted over to the other game will likely buy some rules and materials to play with - so its win win for gamers and win win for GW too! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zedatkinszed said:

Underworlds minis and how you can use them in the core AOS game - maybe they're looking at some crossover between Underworlds and AOS skirmish?!

If they are a predefined warband were you can't customize weapons and earn points to add minis to your band I hope don't. If they make underworlds static bands to skirmish for me is incomplete. 

If they make a good skirmish system with levelling options and campaign system with rules for predefined underworlds warbands to start on skirmish but u can make your own band as you want it's ok :)

Edited by Hoseman
  • Like 2

I think there’s room for both with pre-set ”legendary” warbands that you can pick up and play a one off game as well as slow grow warbands that develop over a campaign. Underworlds warbands are perfect for the former and there’s nothing stopping you using the models as the latter if they have the correct wargear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

New Skirmish would be so good if it took notes from Kill Team

Yup! With a 5K nurgle army, a 2k tzeentch and almost 2k nighthaunts not to name, gorkamorka bloodbowl and necromunda stuff the only thing that can make me throw more money after a new army is a solid skirmish product.  If that happens A moonclan warband will be a instabuy.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:03 PM, Kirjava13 said:

Every time someone asks for us to talk about "actual rumours" instead of whatever people are currently nattering about and without offering any "actual rumours" themselves, I buy, take delivery of and set fire to another (now unavailable) Silver Tower box out of spite.

Fair enough. But I have neither the time nor the inclination to sift through all the natter here to find something actually interesting. Know of another place where one can read AoS rumours (except for the community site)?

• Like 1

May be Heresy news but to me this fits both systems. Forgeworld released a pic o sanguinus vs what looks like khabanda. Pure speculation, but rather than resculpt a whole Bloodthirster, could fw do conversion character kits for the GD’s? 

If so, FW please, Kugath, forever in your favour, in the Name of Egan, Carden and Bedford, please? Guy? Could be nothing though and I’ll be bitter at the company once again for not doing things my way...

BBCCBE5B-89AD-411E-9182-63B5ACA9A381.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

I wonder if that bit of art is hinting at a new head potion for the exalted bloodthirster?  After all the pose is nearly the same body wise, 

i hasten to add- the fw thirstier is absolutely brilliant and that’s what go should have made in plastic rather than the leaping kitty we have got.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

While a new Khabanda model would probably look very cool (and fitting with the shape of the mystery gift), I think it would be a little disappointing to see another Khorne FW model. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think every big FW model made for AoS has been Khorne.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

While a new Khabanda model would probably look very cool (and fitting with the shape of the mystery gift), I think it would be a little disappointing to see another Khorne FW model. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think every big FW model made for AoS has been Khorne.

‘Tis true, and I agree.  I’d like to see an alternative faction get a nice centrepiece model.

1 hour ago, Yokai said:

Fair enough. But I have neither the time nor the inclination to sift through all the natter here to find something actually interesting. Know of another place where one can read AoS rumours (except for the community site)?

there always the DakkaDakka forum

• Like 1

Speaking of that art, "gosh" Blood angels look bad in MkIII.
I'm just imagining it, we are suave not-vampires fighting the red thirst for humanity ! and you're wearing  armour that looks like cobbled together tin cans.....

Yeah but I hope they make another army builder boxed set for Horus Heresy, especially with MkII or MkIII armour in it, my Death guard will appreciate it !