The Rumour Thread

It's a hold-over from the Kirby days, but I think it also works for GW otherwise they wouldn't do them. I think for them its more about showing a "full army" as a single purchase for those people who do jump on a new army in a big way and are looking for a one-click no-thinking purchase. It's away to make an impressive army display. 

Granted there's no additional discount, but in the Demon set you've got the getting started and W&R so all 3 components already come with built in discount. You're just not getting any extra. 

It's just harmless product display and lets not forget GW have been doing some army deals as of late and we've also got the Christmas Deals out too. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Yes GW loves to make really stupid bundles that are just a combination of things already on their website with no discount or other incentive for purchasing.  

But, but, but ... It's  convenient so that makes it a deal, right?

/s

Don't get me wrong, I love 90% of the new GW, but the web bundles are a mistep, imo. They feel like they're trying to trick consumers.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

Even on the store page for Wrath And Rapture, they *still* don't have any individual photos of the Infernal Enrapturess. I'm now wondering if they're worried it's too gruesome to show close up! Really odd considering it's one of the brand new models in the box - a casual customer might not have any idea what it looks like at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robinlvalentine said:

Even on the store page for Wrath And Rapture, they *still* don't have any individual photos of the Infernal Enrapturess. I'm now wondering if they're worried it's too gruesome to show close up! Really odd considering it's one of the brand new models in the box - a casual customer might not have any idea what it looks like at this point. 

At first I thought they were saving up for some big reveal, but now I kind of feel like they've lost or broken the model and didn't get the chance for a proper photo.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yokai said:

So... lore discussions is interesting and all, but can we get back to some actual rumourmongering in the rumour thread?

In the absence of any rumours available  I’m going to say it’s unlikely

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Every time someone asks for us to talk about "actual rumours" instead of whatever people are currently nattering about and without offering any "actual rumours" themselves, I buy, take delivery of and set fire to another (now unavailable) Silver Tower box out of spite.

But Silver tower is a nice box ! Mine is still new on my shelf of shame ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetengine said:

What is an ARPG ?

As for rumours tons of Gobbo and Troggoth stuff got 'not availabled' on the UK website.

Action role-playing game (ARPG), a good example of one of these is the Diablo series of games and Path of Exile or if you want something Warhammer related Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr.

Stuff not being available for sale on the store doesn't really mean too much unless it isn't available on multiple/every store, like the orgors a while back, the Australian and American stores have everything still available for sale.  If they were going to do an reveal anything for a January Moonclan or Destruction related  they'd wait until after Wrath and Rapture is released or maybe even after Christmas.

17 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Sad it's for old world and not aos 

I suspect they’ll protect AOS as jealously as they did Warhammer in respect to liscenses etc. All the non GW AOS stuff I’ve seen is gateway stuff clearly designed to sell the fiction and get you into AOS proper.

I mean there's already an AoS app game heavily modeled after clash royale(and it's actually very fun, bravo to them for winning game of the day) so I don't think they'll be That protective.

I think the main reason is because the AoS license only went on purchase at the tail end of 2016 where as Wfb has always been waved about and is why you get a mix of TWW, Mordheim, Vermintide for high end games and Man-o-War, Skaven Doomwheel app and that Warhammer Wizard game nobody heard about for the low tier stuff.

At least so far AoS champions & Realm Wars have been great so the future's looking good there even if it does take until 2021 for an rpg or the like.

Until then I'll just head canon TWW as Ghur with the Lantic Empire trying to ruthlessly retake all of it's lands and Vermintide as a gnaw-hole opening up in  ShadeSpire. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz