The Rumour Thread

I'm sure that's Abaddon on the cover of that white dwarf.

Interesting about new plague stuff as well... I hope it's not Plague Zombies though I really hate that entire concept in 40k.  if I wanted to play Walking Dead there's better ways to do it..

Edited by wayniac

This news about the IoB box puts all my thoughts about aelves into the air. We know why GW are re-releasing these, its to clear the stock. I've got to question the timing though. Why have so much mystery about the Aelves, then bring back discontinued models? One explanation is that these are the Highborn of Azyr and will continue to be, which will mean we will see re basing and release of the entire faction at some point. Similar to Fyreslayers there will be new Aelves that are there own enitity. But then why have they not rebased/rereleased disppossed post Fyreslayers? 

Im now thinking that we might not get a re-release of the existing highborn and these are merely one of those extra "bye"s you say when your ending a phone call. Its not needed but you still say it and it the end of the day the conversations over. In other words your buying these models and will never see any new models for Highborn Azyr and instead you will have to gradually cross over to "Light" Aelves if you want some new models.

But really, who knows!!!!

I was just thinking the other day that they should just reissue this set! This is great news for everyone, but as a Skaven player I am more than happy to get some of those exclusive models again (rat ogres, weapon teams, etc). 

Also good news for Aelves, I could see this as an easing into their fluff coming into 2017.

• Like 1

The box set is likely just due to having overstock of those - my FLGS has 3-5 of the old Island of Blood boxes on the shelf, I'm assuming GW has more. Why waste the models when you can rebox them with new rules and bases and call it a day? I think that's more than fair, even if it does feel a smidge lazy :P

Guys, guys. There's no reason to be too pessimistic. Most of Age of Sigmar has met or exceeded our expectations so far. Maybe GW will use this as part of the revamp of the Aelves? Maybe we'll see the box set released alongside a "Battletome: Eldritch Council" or "Battletome: Bright Aelves" or whatever. Let's not assume the worst just yet. GW did amazing things with the same-old ghoul kits, creating an incredibly flavorful and well-balanced faction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Rumour has it that it will be £50, the same as start collecting. I think that qualifies as absurd.

Isn't that the same price it was when it was released?  It may have actually been $100, but I can't recall now.

We're talking 3 (very nice) characters on foot, a lord on hippo, 60 infantry, 5 cavalry, 2 rate ogres, and 2 weapon teams.  

The Skaven start collecting is 20 infantry and 2 big kits.

• Like 1

Im just thinking, with all the possible dwarf and tzeentchian teasers that have come our way, I have come up with a possibility.

A box set including both steamhead duardin and tzeentch arcanites similar to something from the 40k sets like the Raven Guard vs Tau or Blood Angels vs Tyranids or Space Wolves vs Orks campaign sets.

• Like 3

That'd be good.  I'm just thinking about the images we've been given over the past 4 weeks and now wondering if they're from 2 models.

The Dwarven brass 'thing' and the mechanical arm with the keys on the same kit.

The staff top for the model that stands on top of this disc?