The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Start collecting greenskinz is no longer available? It doesnt appear... any thoughts? Maybe because of the coming of goblins?

It there still, it’s under the all armies of destruction tab, for some reason that SC box is not under the start collecting box tab like the other boxes are in.

4 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

Exactly. I buy models because I know they will out last myself, I don't buy things like modern consoles and games as I know they are out dated moments after buying them. I have never understood the attitudes of people that buy into this hobby, moan about the prices or models & books being made redundant then look to ditch them of cheap to buy the next new in thing. I only buy models I like and know I'd still be happy playing with years down the line. I get that if you are more in to the gaming side of the hobby and only attend strict tournaments, then you have to keep up with updates and that costs money, but then you are buying into that side of gaming, so why moan about it.

I'm still painting up models I brought as far back as 1989. I also have a whole box of battlemasters beastmen and Empire models that I have been waiting on using for a project, which I'm only just getting around to starting now (thanks to new AoS releases!)

(As for old video games, I've moved on to Emulation, but I've recently been playing my old Atari ST games and been on the look out for replacing my physical hardware! They built things to last back then! But GBcolour is also still alive and kicking) 

Impatience around this particular hobby is especially weird. I mean it’s pretty much impossible to play with even unpainted figures without hours of assembly and on top of that you’re assembling for a game which takes hours to play, is very inefficient and requires hundreds of interactions with things like rolling dice, moving models and *actual counting out loud* etc. And that dosent take into account any painting what so ever. To paint an army even to a basic standard takes dozens of hours at a bare minimum.

How can someone be willing to invest their time into that while having such a short thrift with very reasonable if not quite rapid product release cycles?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Nos said:

Impatience around this particular hobby is especially weird. I mean it’s pretty much impossible to play with even unpainted figures without hours of assembly and on top of that you’re assembling for a game which takes hours to play, is very inefficient and requires hundreds of interactions with things like rolling dice, moving models and *actual counting out loud* etc. And that dosent take into account any painting what so ever. To paint an army even to a basic standard takes dozens of hours at a bare minimum.

How can someone be willing to invest their time into that while having such a short thrift with very reasonable if not quite rapid product release cycles?

Well you guys must not be susceptible to marketing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 123lac said:

I’m susceptible to marketing sure but GW haven’t marketed a free people’s tome or a combined aelves tome or an upcoming slaanesh faction release etc yet. That’s community hype. Self created self nurtured hype. I don’t base my expectations as to what GW are releasing on completley unsubstantiated guesswork, no.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2

It makes sense, it's been the way the AoS site has had the factions condensed so the GW site following suit is reasonable.

https://ageofsigmar.com/factions/destruction/

The hubbub around the Greenskinz does have me curious. They are especially hard to find compared to other factions like the aelves and aren't even mentioned on said site.

Makes me think there's something to the Ironjawz 2019 whispers on some sites. They could be seeing either an update or replacement(Personally hoping due to Orruk scrapfleets).

Time will tell but fingers crossed for next year being Gorkamorka's time with Ghur focus. (Helps that I've been planning on getting Bonesplitterz)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 123lac said:

Not particularly. I think the last thing GW advertised that caught me in its hype wave was Shadow war, and as that didn't exactly turn out great, I've learned my lesson in pre ordering (or at least attempting too!) anything for this hobby now. I'd rather wait a week and see after the hype has died down if I really want the item or not.
I dont tend to get lead in to buying a lot of things, I dont watch TV so the only place I tend to see ads is youtube, and generally don't advertise anything that would appeal to me except for video games and as I'm still content playing through my mass of Mega drive games and the only modern games I own I have on the xbox 360, even video game adverts are wasted on me. Movie trailers are probably the only form of advertising that catch me, but as I tend to seek out the ones I want to see anyway (another luxury of not watching TV) I rarely see one for a film I wasn't already expecting to go and see anyway.

I'm very much against GWs current hype advertising/selling cycle, I think it's absolutely dreadful, even if it is great for their short term profit. But that's a whole subject in on itself.

4 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Well that was quick. Hopefully it’ll be back eventually.

I was going to sat don't quote me on that, but too late! I checked the gift guide I have here, and though some of the other terrain kits for christmas are in there, that one is not. In fact most of the bundle terrain packs are missing from the gift guide. So maybe I'm wrong and they are not out yet.

3 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

I was going to sat don't quote me on that, but too late! I checked the gift guide I have here, and though some of the other terrain kits for christmas are in there, that one is not. In fact most of the bundle terrain packs are missing from the gift guide. So maybe I'm wrong and they are not out yet.

Eh, not a biggy. Maybe it’ll be a last minute Christmas thing. If it’s good value I’d love to pick one up.

1 hour ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Eh, not a biggy. Maybe it’ll be a last minute Christmas thing. If it’s good value I’d love to pick one up.

The set was called the Vale of Ghyran, it was 4 citadel woods for £60 (rrp £18 per wood, so £3 saving per wood).  There still seem to be a few sets with online sellers (in the UK) but it is a ltd seasonal product so once they are gone thats it.

Edited by stato

20 hours ago, Nos said:

there’s a profound difference between  looking forward to something and having completley unreasonable expectations about what the community is owed.

Which is, literally, nothing. Just because an enthusiastic community exists around something does not mean the company is obliged to deliver on any sense of entitlement that such a community engenders among its members.  Either you agree with buying their toy soldiers or you don’t. That’s as complicated as it gets.

Perfectly put.

The sense of entitlement from some customers of some businesses has always been perplexing to me.

What a company "owes" you for your purchase is the item that you are purchasing. 

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, SuperHappyTime said:

Am I reading too much into how we have a Skaven section, but not a Clans Pestilens?

R.I.P. Greenskins. May your last words be quoted on your tombstone, "Waaaagh!"

I'd wager yes, I figure whoever did the classifications works on the website but isn't a gamer and likely missed that Pestilens has their own Battletome. Of course GW could change it if they wished, but I'd not read into it on the website at yet. 

Just now, JPjr said:

I swear somedays we're like the ancient Romans in this community, all gathered around trying to divine the future from some unfortunate creature's entrails.

its a skill that we learned back in the dark days when GW never spoke to us save through divine literature published but once a month and often after major events. In those dark days we had to read into any sign that would come forth from them; any little hint as to what the future might hold for us. Armies would shudder in fear as each portent could foretell of their impending doom!

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

I swear somedays we're like the ancient Romans in this community, all gathered around trying to divine the future from some unfortunate creature's entrails.

I don’t remember that rumour engine. Hope its Troggoths.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1