The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

uhmm.. may i ask why you quote something from me that has never been posted in the rumours thread ???

If i remember correctly this was a response in the general thread to someone asking about how unfair the starter boxes are.

05C167F2-053C-421E-A481-390947B6422A.png.84d61c00e5c33bdff064b6ffbbfc276e.png

no not really.  Because you really did post those in the rumour thread ☝️(I quoted the third from above). But For me that’s perfectly fine, right. That makes it interesting. Like you said, everybody should be able to voice her or his opinion. 

Witb regars to your anecdote about your friend, invite her to start thread. Most people here are more then willing to help 👍

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

uhmm.. may i ask why you quote something from me that has never been posted in the rumours thread ???

If i remember correctly this was a response in the general thread to someone asking about how unfair the starter boxes are.

Anyways.

This is the rumour thread and if there are no rumours there is absolutely no problem with nobody posting

anything until there is a valid rumour.

I showed this forum to a AOS newbe and she browsed instantly through the rumour thread and looked really confused.

Then she asked my what has all this to do with rumours. She was looking for news to help with her decision which army to chose.

So what kind of answer am i supposed to give ??

Maybe switch to 40k, lot's of informations to find here. Or maybe start talking about your hobbies or start a world travel blog.

Even the curling world championships would fill more than 10 pages here.

What does this have to do with AOS rumours?!?!?!

You’re back seat moderating again btw. Literally told people in that post what they can and can’t do. It’s not up to you,

• Like 1

I enjoy reading this thread and it is the first one i check daily when i browse the forums. I don't mind people chitchatting as the thread would be a wasteland without it and love reading peoples' thoughts and opinions between rumors. Since this is the most active thread in tga i bet that the majority of people share my thinking and like the chitchatting.

As The Jabber Tzeentch said you can tag him to update the first post with any relevant rumors, so people who don't like to read the extra conversations can just check the first post each time and let the rest of us enjoy this beautiful mess of a thread in peace xD.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I've been guilty of derailing this thread a few times, not intentionally. I often have to ignore comments to not encourage derailing of the thread any further. I was all for a 'rumours only' thread, except that this thread is, as someone else put it, turned into a pub chat. Which turns out is actually quite enjoyable. I dislike the sort of chat on facebook as it disappears quickly down the feed and vanishes, and then someone posts the exact same thing an hour later. At least here we can go back over what has already been said and join in with the conversation.

As for someone needing to check the rumours thread to get into a new army, that sounds like clutching at straws to keep this thread to rumours only. If someone is looking to buy a new army/get into the game, the rumours thread is probably the last place to have someone look. They are a thousand and one better things to look at to get someone into the game and help choose an army. If you showed her the rumours thread, that's on you, not the people in the thread.

At this point, rumours are pretty much non-existent. We can't share unofficial leaks, most 'rumours' are at best 'my manager who knows Duncan knows for sure that night goblins are coming next, maybe'. The only solid information we get is showing off the stuff that GW put up on the community page at events, which we could just go and look at for ourselves.

I'm not a very social hobbyist at the best of times. This thread is often a lifeline for me.

• Like 4

Dear GW Leaks Department and Potato Technicians

Please release an updated rumour/leak for the Christmas period in order to stave off the infighting and rumour addition withdrawal symptoms that some loyal long term fans are suffering from. Many have adapted to your new standard of releasing large chunks of information about future releases officially during the week, but some are still hooked on the old addiction of far off rumours and hints at what might come. These people need our help and need a steady stream of unreliable unverifiable and unofficial official rumours in order to avoid having serious relapse into antiGWitis which, at its most serious, could result in addictions to steam punk, grim mediveal and even infinite sci-fi series. 

Yours - a concerned gryph hound addict

PS - 3 pages and not a single Archibald - what's up with that?!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Here is a rumour for you...

GW is getting rid of lots of factions!!! (on the website*).  This is the current list I see on the UK site.  (as of Sunday mid day)

image.png.433c61da07c0d11635456cdb694291f3.pngimage.png.485549ddf84c921835d0bf60b3d5a89f.png

*its just updating bits of the website, nothing is getting culled, Beasts of Chaos isnt even listed for example

Edited by stato
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, stato said:

Here is a rumour for you...

GW is getting rid of lots of factions!!! (on the website*).  This is the current list I see on the UK site.  (as of Sunday mid day)

image.png.433c61da07c0d11635456cdb694291f3.pngimage.png.485549ddf84c921835d0bf60b3d5a89f.png

*its just updating bits of the website, nothing is getting culled, Beasts of Chaos isnt even listed for example

Getting rid, probably not.

its seems like they are squashing everything back together.

looks like they finally learned of their mistakes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Getting rid, probably not.

its seems like they are squashing everything back together.

looks like they finally learned of their mistakes.

Ha!  I knew someone would immediately come back with that line.   MUST COMPLETE EVERYTHING, LEAVE NO LOOSE ENDS!!!

They are just tidying up, many posts previous have been complaining its not clear to new people which are the main factions, so they have prioritized those and listed the rest under grouped headings.  I dont imagine this means all Aelves will be given a Aelves battletome.  Skaven arnt even split out into Pestilens and non-battletome stuff for example

OH GODS YES!

GW reorganising the listings is fantastic news! No seriously it is! Just think now we know what battletomes are coming and what's going to happen to a lot of fringe factions - oooh this is a joyous day indeed. Esp since now its going to be even easier to get people into AoS!

Although they lumped all the spare Aelves into one block :P

Edited by Overread
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JetBlackSVW said:

thWhen will Wrath & Rapture be released?   In the last video December was mentioned, but time is running out.

Mostly everyone thinks it will now go on pre-order on the 16th with a release on the 23rd. Which is very odd timing if it does. I think GW will likely put it on pre-release on the 16th but on sale earlier in the week such as on the 19th. The other option is that it goes on pre-order early as well. 

There is still time, but its surprising that its coming so late and so near to Christmas - GW must be running all cylinders like mad this year! 

• Thanks 1

So, can someone explains to me why the Ironweld arsenal got grouped with Free People and not Dispossessed? :(

We BUILD the machines, we OPERATE the machines and....we need to ally them.
If that is some "legion of nagash" style battletome-faction-grouping i'm gonna be pissed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s very endearing that no matter how often the GW storefront undergoes simple administrative changes for purely functional purposes someone always reads it as an omen regarding the release or rehabilitation  of new factions etc.

A hope that refuses to be stamped out. 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Furuzzolo said:

So, can someone explains to me why the Ironweld arsenal got grouped with Free People and not Dispossessed? :(

We BUILD the machines, we OPERATE the machines and....we need to ally them.
If that is some "legion of nagash" style battletome-faction-grouping i'm gonna be pissed.

Probably for the same reason all the Aelves are lumped together.

GW is basically stripping all the "micro" factions into lumps. It makes sense as those micro factions likely don't sell well at present anyway and won't until they get a battletome. It cuts down on a lot of confusion for new people more or less and at least makes the game range look smaller, tighter and more organised. We can expect to see them branch out and split off things as they tackle them

As for the Ironweld they'd been lumped into a general collection of Free Cities mech weapons for a long time now. GW just hasn't actually dealt with Ironweld and Battletomed them (or whatever they plan to do) so there are still loads of changes to come.

I'm surprised that factions like Dark Covens are not listed on their own as they do have a dedicated army page in the Generals Handbook. But I guess the instructions to the tech were "anything that hasn't got a battletome just dump them roughly together sort of". Although interestingly Skaven got all lumped into one group 

13 minutes ago, Nos said:

It’s very endearing that no matter how often the GW storefront undergoes simple administrative changes for purely functional purposes someone always reads it as an omen regarding the release or rehabilitation  of new factions etc.

A hope that refuses to be stamped out. 

Its funny how angry some people get just because there is a number of incomplete factions.  Its like they cant stand the 'dis-order' of it. They will post that GW simply 'MUST' reorganise them or put out a combined battletome.  They will insist on even terrible options that would stall the creative options available purely to have AoS 'completed' with no loose ends. I dont get it, whats wrong with having factions that are incomplete, it gives those models an identity until their faction is explored in the next few years or finally wound down, why does it need to be done 'NOW'.  Just because you cant make a nice 2000pt army with it does not make it pointless, they are still valid for narrative and open gaming.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

I do occasionally update the first post but most stuff these days isn’t rumours it’s more vague detail from GW. Which I don’t count. 

Bottom line is most stuff is either kept close to GWs chest or is released at their discression, not really rumours in my eyes. 

Bottom line is anything said by GW isn’t a rumour and all info comes from GW now, so I rarely update the first post. 

Could you just rename this thread "Rumors, Infos and Duscussion Thread"`? Since this isn't a rumor thread anymore and people looking for rumors are lost in informationless discussions. :-/.

Though I'd like to see it split like this:
A New Thread with Rumors and Infos (no reply posts) -> you can find what you are looking for in an instant
And rename thisa thread to Rumors and Info Discussions. -> people can continue with what they were doing here anyway.

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

Hypothesis: maybe because the Dispossessed is a faction of very traditionalist duardins who are very suspicious of modern weapons? Things such as organ gun and gyrocopter are considered as too 'unorthodox' while thunderers pistols and rifles constitute the limit of what they can accept?

Maybe the Ironweld duardins are even considered as brazen youngsters by the Dispossessed duardins. And in the same way, perhaps the Dispossessed see the Fyreslayers duardins as a bunch of weirdos, and the Kharadron duardins as flying freaks. And perhaps the Ironweld, Fyreslayers and Kharadron duardin see the Dispossessed as a bunch of old-fashioned grumblers who cannot get over the loss of their great ancient empire even after several centuries. But fortunately, all duardins can put their differences aside when it's time to smash grot heads and to drink beer.

Edited by The Golem

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Could you just rename this thread "Rumors, Infos and Duscussion Thread"`? Since this isn't a rumor thread anymore and people looking for rumors are lost in informationless discussions. :-/.

Though I'd like to see it split like this:
A New Thread with Rumors and Infos (no reply posts) -> you can find what you are looking for in an instant
And rename thisa thread to Rumors and Info Discussions. -> people can continue with what they were doing here anyway.

There is nothing stopping you creating that other topic. Leave this one as is and anything 'solid' that comes out of it people can post into the other.  Note that neither threads are moderator controlled and if you want rumours to be posted into that other thread then you will have to do it or encourage others to do on your behalf.

1 minute ago, stato said:

There is nothing stopping you creating that other topic. Leave this one as is and anything 'solid' that comes out of it people can post into the other.  Note that neither threads are moderator controlled and if you want rumours to be posted into that other thread then you will have to do it or encourage others to do on your behalf.

I already did a month? back and it got deleted. So much for some order...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

I already did a month? back and it got deleted. So much for some order...

Really?  They deleted a topic that was just a list of rumours?  Or did you post leaked images or something against the rules maybe?

If you made a topic called 'The Rumour List' im sure no one would have issue with it.