The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

May someone explain me what the last 4 pages have to do with AOS rumours ??????

Guys please,

you constantly derail the rumour forum with opinions and crosslinks to everything but AOS related stuff.

We have already existing threads for lore or wishlisting.

Haha sorry, I do get the sentiment but I personally like the ‘pub’ talk about the hobby. Someone throws up a rumour,* and people discuss the conversation organically goes from their until there is a new rumour.

If I want a list of rumours I just go to the community site or FB pages  😕

* and let’s be fair with current tight lipped Gw it’s 99% of the time them sharing something. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 14

GW is pushing new stuff out so fast that two days after you get a rumor you get a pre-order. I don't think outside sources can get good rumor mongering going at the speed GW is moving. It's crazy but paying off for them, and as they make more money we get more models.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Haha sorry, I do get the sentiment but I personally like the ‘pub’ talk about the hobby. Someone throws up a rumour,* and people discuss the conversation organically goes from their until there is a new rumour.

If I want a list of rumours I just go to the community site or FB pages  😕

* and let’s be fair with current tight lipped Gw it’s 99% of the time them sharing something. 

Agree with this. I like this thread because it fills the gaps between rumors with organic, fun discussion on the current rumor mill. It'd be pretty dead here if the only people posting were people with well supported rumors

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Guys please,

you constantly derail the rumour forum with opinions and crosslinks to everything but AOS related stuff.

As I mentioned before: The hardest thing to find in this Thread are actual AOS RUMORS.

Tbh, most of the "rumours" are not even rumours, but confimed info given to us by GW (new UW warbands, Night Goblins, Slaanesh, etc...). So more like news. Except for those Tuesday pics (which are often 40k, BB, etc.), I can't think of any legit rumour that can create a discussion. Plus we are not allowed to post pics/links to non-official/released stuff. So might as well close the topic if only rumours can be posted :(

PS: I'm fine with the current direction of the thread. Can't think of any rumour-only to post about, sorry for off topic ;)

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Enoby said:

While we are not allowed to share leaked images, I can say that the rules for the fiends in 40k have been changed slightly in Chapter Approved (one extra wound each and a leader model, plus a points decrease).  May mean nothing, but I reckon we can expect a change in AoS too.  

The 40k rules have also changed for flesh hounds (they now have a leader with a ranged roar attack, as befits the option in the new plastic kit) and bloodcrushers (can't quite make it out but I think just better stats for balance). Same for horrors, though this is largely just to line up the Thousand Sons and Daemons versions.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see new AoS warscrolls for flesh hounds and fiends.

Honestly what was the last rumour we got? The slaanesh fiend sprue? Other than that we get a few people who drop in the odd comment or rumour, but they are often very light rumours* - ergo Moonclan might be coming "soon" and that's about it. There really isn't any meaty or chunky rumours floating around today.

GW is much tighter on them and at the same time they are rolling out material so fast that there isn't the hunger for rumours. It's not like it was when GW never told us anything and we had to guess at what was coming from hints in WD and from store pre-release schedules. Heck I suspect we got more rumours then because staff inside GW were leaking them out to try and keep fans in the loop because the company at the top wasn't. Right now stuff is coming so fast that I suspect that in itself is helping to stem the tide; plus the community outreach GW is doing now is massive. 

Honestly this thread long ago went past being just rumours. It's rumours, new releases and general hobby chitterchatter. 

*and let me confirm I'm not ungrateful for those rumours and tid bits. But when a rumour really is just a few words there isn't much to go on save people guessing and going right into wishlists and dreams and hobby chatter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Guys please,

We already have mods for moderating 

• Like 5

Ah rmemba when ah was nee igh t' grasshopper them rumahs was like gold dust. All we ad were crumbs and stale crust and were grateful for aeach litl morsel. Nowadase, we get spoonfed all the fings we want to ear right as soon as we wants.  It just ain't fair, the youf of today ave no idea, ...... mumble, mumble ...NURSE!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

IMO, I think we need a rumor forum, just to separate the rumors and discussion from one another.

I believe something similar has been done multiple times, and been shut down as many times.

also what exactly would a only rumor forum look like.

dont get me wrong it sounds interesting, but not beeing able to show possible seen releases from other sides that aren’t related with games workshop at all, will probably mean that the forum will be used like maybe ones per month, if at all.

This rumor chat forum would just be plain boring, if no man-thing gives his oppinion of what army and why it could be released next.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 7

I'd much rather see posts seemingly derailing the thread than the repetitive every-four-pages calls to stop it, to be honest ;) Never misses a beat. 

As has been said before, It became more of a discussion thread than a rumour thread a long time ago, which isn't all that bad. GW's new grasp at marketing and controlling rumours doesn't exactly give much room for verified rumouring, so guesswork, wishlisting and speculation becomes the new flow. 

Embrace it, or not, but please stop asking people to go back to rumours every single week 😛 it has gotten dull, and brings nothing to the table. Rumours will come when they do. Pushing for it won't increase the quantity. 

Edited by Mayple
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Nos said:

We already have mods for moderating 

Thx Captain Obvious.

That doesn't keep me away from voicing my opinion that a rumour thread should be for rumours.

They should have a dedicated mod just for this forum to keep it kinda organized for people who look for actual rumours.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Thx Captain Obvious.

That doesn't keep me away from voicing my opinion that a rumour thread should be for rumours.

They should have a dedicated mod just for this forum to keep it kinda organized for people who look for actual rumours.

Nor does it keep people voicing their own opinion that they enjoy talking about broader AOS possibilities and associated tidbits  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Overread said:

only @The Jabber Tzeentch could do that as he's got the first post.  Or a passing mod could edit it as well.

It's the most viable solution since banning all other talk would make this thread move so slow we'd forget it was here with the currnet pace of rumours; esp if limited to just AoS rumours. 

I do occasionally update the first post but most stuff these days isn’t rumours it’s more vague detail from GW. Which I don’t count. 

Bottom line is most stuff is either kept close to GWs chest or is released at their discression, not really rumours in my eyes. 

Bottom line is anything said by GW isn’t a rumour and all info comes from GW now, so I rarely update the first post. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I believe something similar has been done multiple times, and been shut down as many times.

also what exactly would a only rumor forum look like.

dont get me wrong it sounds interesting, but not beeing able to show possible seen releases from other sides that aren’t related with games workshop at all, will probably mean that the forum will be used like maybe ones per month, if at all.

This rumor chat forum would just be plain boring, if no man-thing gives his oppinion of what army and why it could be released next.

It has not been tried here on TGA, because all we have ever had on TGA is this thread. Honestly, it would look a lot like this: Dakka .

Currently there’d be a few active threads in the forum: Wrath and Rapture, Moonclan, etc, and threads for previous rumors (Nightvault, AoSv2, Beasts of Chaos, etc).

You'd may also lower a few of the speculation threads on the main forum (the Wrath and Rapture one for example). That whole thread would be great discussion that could have taken place in this thread, but it would currently be buried under a ton of comments.

8 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

Thx Captain Obvious.

Haha can I point out that you are ‘guilty’ of this as well. Mainly to bash stormcast but still. In response to rumours/developments you DID find interesting.  Might the issue be more there are no rumours that you care about? 

On 10/27/2018 at 10:10 PM, Kurrilino said:

I have the same experience.

So we agree GW is forcing Stormcast down our throats.

And this is the problem. People really like Marines but they hate Stormcast.

Plus there is nothing GW can do to make them more attractive.

In the beginning they were strong but still had limits. Now with low sales they gave them dominating shooting and magic on top.

Still people hate them and i haven't seen a single constant Stormcast player in our gaming group of 40 peeps.

So next step is to make them even more OP. Take a guess how people will react to that

* and more but can’t figure out how to do more quotes from previous pages. But from what I can see it’s 50/50 participation in the conversation and complaining about the conversation with you in this thread. :/ 

Edited by Kramer
Fixed order of quotes
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Haha can I point out that you are ‘guilty’ of this as well. Mainly to bash stormcast but still. In response to rumours/developments you DID find interesting.  Might the issue be more there are no rumours that you care about? 

* and more but can’t figure out how to do more quotes from previous pages. But from what I can see it’s 50/50 participation in the conversation and complaining about the conversation with you in this thread. :/ 

uhmm.. may i ask why you quote something from me that has never been posted in the rumours thread ???

If i remember correctly this was a response in the general thread to someone asking about how unfair the starter boxes are.

Anyways.

This is the rumour thread and if there are no rumours there is absolutely no problem with nobody posting

anything until there is a valid rumour.

I showed this forum to a AOS newbe and she browsed instantly through the rumour thread and looked really confused.

Then she asked my what has all this to do with rumours. She was looking for news to help with her decision which army to chose.

So what kind of answer am i supposed to give ??

Maybe switch to 40k, lot's of informations to find here. Or maybe start talking about your hobbies or start a world travel blog.

Even the curling world championships would fill more than 10 pages here.

Edited by Kurrilino

You could've asked

"Hey guys, so what's the latest rumors? Having a bit of a tough time sorting through the backlog. :) "

In which we would've said Slaanesh focus,daemon point adjustments and a possible update of Skirmish which has us excited.

And going from there to your friend's question we'd ask what army interested her and that maybe the upcoming Slaanesh + Skirmish would be just the ticket for a new army and way to test it out.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1