The Rumour Thread

Honestly I'm struggling to make sense of that picture. if it's just a single model then it's really really tall! 

No sure it matters much but the white background and single model focus would set it apart from all prior white dwarf releases. 

Are we sure it's not just an official random mockup to promote the new language?

Edited by Carnelian

On 03/12/2016 at 10:07 AM, Paul G said:

Battle forces unavailable straight away on Element, got one through GW

I contacted the guys at Element who said that GW had only given them stock of the Battleforce that numbered in the single figures.  They felt that there was an issue in production which is why they'd been limited as hard as they had.

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

I contacted the guys at Element who said that GW had only given them stock of the Battleforce that numbered in the single figures.  They felt that there was an issue in production which is why they'd been limited as hard as they had.

Talked to my store owner today, they said they could only preoder 3 boxes of each. they will try to find out if they can order more this week!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Thanks man, I was waiting for the preorder email to come through, soon as it did I clicked onto the site and they were already gone! Makes you wonder what the point of giving them to flgs is?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Thanks man, I was waiting for the preorder email to come through, soon as it did I clicked onto the site and they were already gone! Makes you wonder what the point of giving them to flgs is?

You and me both!  I've done the "e-mail when in stock" thingy just in case they're able to secure some more but I'm not hopeful in truth.  In fairness even at the full price (GW still had them on their own site) they're a really good saving

21 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Here is a weird rumour courtesy of the war of Sigmar blog

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1460

The Warhammer 8th edition starter is being reprinted for Aos. 

Not sure what to make of this. Those minis are cool but I want new stuff.

I think it's simply to increase availability of certain armies. While I understand the desire for new minis, books etc. this is a fairly logical move on GW's side.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Same here. I hoped for a total revamp of Elf factions. That would be disappointing especialy with End Times story that really shook Elves' relations.

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Very interesting news, and a pretty sweet way of GW taking back that sweet sweet scalper money. Here's a little more info on the box from the comments below:

" The Dawnspire stands at the edge of the Transient Isles. Immense, drifting islands of black stone hanging in the air above an azure sea, they were once the subject of foul sorceries, a powerful Chaos wizard seeking to bring them crashing down. The mages of the Eldritch Council were able to stop this foul ritual, but not before two of the islands were lost to the depths."

Name changes in the Elf side:
Prince on Gryphon became High Warden
Archmage still Archmage? ( not really sure on the IoB name)
10 Swordmaster
Lothren seaguard became Spireguard
Elliyrian Reavers became Reavers

So this is the info of what I have seen:
- Complete rule to be used in the game ( hopefully there is an update in the warscroll)
-Background narrative as always (again, hopefully we could see the lore of the elves in AoS getting more explanation)
- 2 Warscroll battalion and 2 Pitched Battle Profile, one for each force
- Round and square base for each model
- stated in the last paragraph : "Previously only available in Warhammer Island of BLood, this is another chance to own these superbly detailed and dynamic miniatures." It is stated as "Available while stocks last"

Could be pretty neat if Seaguard, Reavers and the Prince on Griffon make Eldritch Council Allegiance. :D 

• Like 3