The Rumour Thread

I just heard the Generals Compendium is to be released in August, but stores will have a copy a month early in time for the campaign in July. LGS will be involved in reporting campaign results.

This is second hand info from a source with direct GW ties.

So on the Warhammer : Age of Sigmar facebook page they posted that 4 of their employees are going to do a Tale of Gamers style thing. In the description for one of the pictures, there's this tidbit

Here are the four gamers together with their painted heroes.
We'll have more from the guys next week, when they will each be showing off their first full battleline units.

If you're building towards your own summer of Age of Sigmar gaming, let us know about it, and post some pics up on our wall.

This I guess means that in GW points, there's going to be some distinction between different types of units.

I'm really hoping this is something along the lines of objective secured in 40k, rather than full blown force org or core-tax style list building. One of the things I've greatly enjoyed in AoS is not having to build up a million boring models, hell, it was a drag to get off my ass and paint my second batch of 10 Chaos Warriors. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

So on the Warhammer : Age of Sigmar facebook page they posted that 4 of their employees are going to do a Tale of Gamers style thing. In the description for one of the pictures, there's this tidbit

This I guess means that in GW points, there's going to be some distinction between different types of units.

I'm really hoping this is something along the lines of objective secured in 40k, rather than full blown force org or core-tax style list building. One of the things I've greatly enjoyed in AoS is not having to build up a million boring models, hell, it was a drag to get off my ass and paint my second batch of 10 Chaos Warriors. 

point is, that aside from monsters, heroes and war machines all other units might be considered as "battleline" units. Time will tell.

I'm hoping that if there is a tax, it won't be that onerous of a tax.  If they divide models into Hero, Monster, War Machine, and [everything else] for instance, and then require a minimum amount of [everything else] then it's not the worst.

But mostly I hope for almost no restrictions beyond points.  Even SCGT is a bit too limited for me regarding things like maximum duplicate warscrolls.

9 hours ago, Shane said:

Rumour was it was core-tax...

Which we can all ignore. 

9 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Really hoping that there is no Core tax. Infantry units should be brought because they are useful in their own way, not because a rule says you need to bring 25%+ trash units.

I think the community has enjoyed the freedom of picking armies without limiting structures too much. I'd imagine most people, in garages and in tournament comps, will ignore anything that stops them taking the cool stuff we're now used to. 

• Like 2

Thing is, if they introduce a core tax, what if they make the definition of a core unit way, way broader? Using destruction as an example, what if it included all forms of boar boyz, leadbelchers, Ironjaw brutes and Ardboyz?

I don't believe there is a "core tax" from what I've heard. Something more like:

Heroes

War engines

Monsters

Battleline units. (Read scoring units or Pretty much everything else that's not a single model)

Also just to confirm the generals handbook will be leaked by the end of June and in stores by 1st July. Available to preorder on the 16th July I believe.

• Like 4

The manager of my local GW described it as 3 categories: core, behemoths and heroes. With limited amounts of the latter two based on your core/battleline numbers. 

This includes models/units that use more than one key word. For example the free guild General on Griffin would cost a slot in both your behemoth (monster) AND hero limit. 

Edited by jubwubs

5 hours ago, jubwubs said:

The manager of my local GW described it as 3 categories: core, behemoths and heroes. With limited amounts of the latter two based on your core/battleline numbers. 

This includes models/units that use more than one key word. For example the free guild General on Griffin would cost a slot in both your behemoth (monster) AND hero limit. 

This sounds like everything that AoS has tried hard not to be thus far. Why can't I take all monsters if I want to? A year ago, I'd have hated the idea of an army without foot troops. Since AoS came out, GW have been training my brain to want more and more bigger and bigger stuff. Why would they now force me back the other way again? I won't do it, I tell you. I simply won't do it! 

• Like 1

Same with units inevitably becoming dust collectors again once official points hit. And this will become the defacto way to play when it drops. 

I am both excited and hesitant in equal amount. 

But either way, I guess my dream of a FW monster only list is out. 

• Like 1