The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

Am I the only one who hopes that the old Landsknecht look of the Freeguild left over from the Old World Empire is eventually replaced by something more Mortal Realmly?  But in such a way that the old minis can still be used?  Maybe even side by side, like Cadians and Catachan minis?

But on topic, I would bet money that there’s some Moonclan stuff in those teaser pics.

Definitely. Not trying to ****** off Empire players, but I honestly think the Landsknecht look doesn't fit AoS aesthetic. But I don't think GW will openly ditch them, neither.

• Like 4

I'm thinking it the bottom of a sword hilt for a Blackstone Fortress character. My other thought is that it could be a new human faction with a feathered picklehaube. I could see Ironweld Arsenal's new look having Picklehaubes. That said, I don't think we have a lot of buzz about anything human coming out for AoS.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Raviv said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for these news, but Wizkids announced a new boardgame set in the AoS world - "The Rise & Fall of Anvalor".

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/41667/warhammer-age-sigmar-board-game-coming-wizkids

Despite being a boardgame, that an interesting line-up of playable factions (Fyreslayer, Dispossessed, Ironjawz, Skaven, Freeguild, Stormcast, Scourge Privateers, and Khorne)

Correct me if I'm wrong but for that (I think awesome) wizkids game we can see: fireslayers, ironjawz, Stormcast, skavens, dispossessed and two that I see the most important, Free people's (curious to have that rumour picture and now that) and the other is what? Order ssrpentis? I can't see it nice... 

The icons we can see that snake too and skulls 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but for that (I think awesome) wizkids game we can see: fireslayers, ironjawz, Stormcast, skavens, dispossessed and two that I see the most important, Free people's (curious to have that rumour picture and now that) and the other is what? Order ssrpentis? I can't see it nice... 

The icons we can see that snake too and skulls 

From the logo of the last three,  it Hammers of sigmar SC, Anvilguard SC from Firestorm, and the snake one is probably Scourge Privateers by the look of it. the Skull one  belongs to Freeguild. (I think the background color of each faction artwork on the box matches the corresponding logo on the box.)

4 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Highlights a known lore issue with AoS.  Normal men make up like 35% of the lore, and 0% of new models.

Well technically they did release the human excelsior warpriest for silver tower. So its like about less then 1% of new models 

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, novakai said:

Well technically they did release the human excelsior warpriest for silver tower. So its like about less then 1% of new models 

That got a good laugh from me. Technically Blood Reavers and Kairic Acolytes are normal men too (I think, I'm not a huge fluff buff). It would be nice to see Order humans though, so there is kind of a point of comparison for everything else, ideally they would have been released already and replaced one of the three Stormcast Chambers. Anyways I won't get started on that tangent.

The new game from Wizkids has me interested. 1-4 players and 60 minutes, I'll have to look into the designers other games, because that player range and time is perfect for me. In regards to the box cover I do think the skull is Freeguild, but I don't think the snake is Scourge Privateers. I'm pretty sure Scourge Privateers are using the Anvilgard Kraken over the Hammer symbol 2nd to the right. The snake could be OrdO Serpentis? No idea really.

Edited by Sabotage!

12 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

That got a good laugh from me. Technically Blood Reavers and Kairic Acolytes are normal men too (I think, I'm not a huge fluff buff).

Blood Reavers and Kairic Acolytes are mortals yes, but they've started to undergo some changes due to the influence of chaos so they aren't quite normal but they're about as close as they can get. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, novakai said:

Despite being a boardgame, that an interesting line-up of playable factions (Fyreslayer, Dispossessed, Ironjawz, Skaven, Freeguild, Stormcast, Scourge Privateers, and Khorne)

Cool.

hoping for it beeing similar to firestorm.

it would be so great to finally get some allegiance ability for those skaven armys.

edit: never mind, those hopes just died out.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

18 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Pink snake for the board game will be slaanesh I bet

the artwork they've used for the faction on the far-right is of old Black Ark Corsairs, so got to be Scourge Privateers, surely.

plus Slaanesh has their own sigil, and they've used the proper Khornate rune for his murder boys.

b442619b5e2786a5967d7600b73f65ef.png

Edited by JPjr

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

Of course this is just a boardgame (like 40k monopoly), there no models or anything special for AoS except that it look like a nice side game set in the same setting.

"Designed by Rustan Hakansson, who has design credits on Nations and Dungeon Rush, The Rise and Fall of Anvalor has players helping to build and defend the city with other factions, at least officially.  Each player’s real goal is to gather the most influence in Anvalor and dominate the city, even if it means its ultimate fall.  Players build city buildings to gather influence, and defeat enemies during attacks.  The player with the most influence at the end of the game wins."

Anyone here played Nations or Dungeon Rush? Wondering if they would give any hint to the gameplay etc etc.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 3

FYI just found a little bit more information on another site using, I guess, official sales notes...

"Get ready for a new kind of Warhammer Age of Sigmar excitement. In The Rise & Fall of Anvalor your official task is to help build and defend Anvalor together with the other Factions. However, your real goal is to gather the most Influence and secure dominance over Anvalor, even if it might ultimately cause the fall of the city. Gather the most Influence for your Faction by building City Buildings and defeating enemies during vicious assaults. At the end of the game, the player who has the most Influence over the city reigns supreme, and secures their dominance over The Great Parch!

With over 180 tiles in total, 9 different factions (6 player factions, 3 enemy factions), and 4 play variants (beyond the standard game) there's an enormous amount of game play content! In the region of Aqshy, even if your uneasy allies place their resources in the perfect place, your mutual enemies can be strong and unpredictable. You'll build resources to block your allies from developing their strongest options, and they'll return the favor. They'll weaken enemies and you'll try to deliver the killing blow. Each turn will provide many choices, so you'll get to pivot as you learn the strategies best suited to your common enemy as well as your allies. One thing's for certain - whether Anvalor survives the siege on it or not, things are sure to get heated!"

https://www.southernhobby.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-the-rise-fall-anvalor/p32356/

28 minutes ago, JPjr said:

the artwork they've used for the faction on the far-right is of old Black Ark Corsairs, so got to be Scourge Privateers, surely.

plus Slaanesh has their own sigil, and they've used the proper Khornate rune for his murder boys.

b442619b5e2786a5967d7600b73f65ef.png

I'm pretty sure the Anvilgard Kraken over the hammer is the Scourge Privateers symbol. A Kracken is much more fitting than a snake and the Anvilgard boxed army was mostly Scourge Privateers. 

11 minutes ago, JPjr said:

With over 180 tiles in total, 9 different factions (6 player factions, 3 enemy factions),

So if we look to the image we got 6 on top and 3 down. Guess  the playable will be fireslayers, dispossessed, free guild, 2 Stormcast chapters and scourge ( 3 new and 3 old armys). And the enemy's skavens, khorne and ironjawz

Edited by Hoseman