The Rumour Thread

Speaking of rumours did I get it wrong or I read here rumours also of a new battletome for Ironjawz and Sylvaneth in the works? If that is true they may be alternating the Warhammer Underworlds warbands with new armies/ battletomes.

Or it may give us an idea of the direction GW is taking. That, assuming Moonclan and Darkoath are coming in the next 6 months, would leave Khorne, Tzeentch and KO with existing but old battletomes and Skaven and Deathrattle with no battletome but also no rumours or engine rumours about them... 

It may be a long shot but it is not impossible to think GW is testing the success of an army or the release schedule with smaller units first while in the meantime keeping the roster fresh with new stuff. Thoughts?

Sometimes I put out fishing lures of something I hope would be a thing to see if anyone has any related rumours or news regarding it. 

Sometimes there are some nice rumours and news, but many times not. 

Although I asked about BOC last year and someone said it was a toss up between STD(Darkoath) and BoC and it became BoC, so asking if anyone had news turned into rumours provided turned into real life fact. 

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Speaking of rumours did I get it wrong or I read here rumours also of a new battletome for Ironjawz and Sylvaneth in the works? 

Ironjawz yes but I don't recall sylvaneth rumour. And to be fair thr sylvaneth battletome has stood the test of time pretty well (unlike Ironjawz fyreslayers etc) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Ironjawz yes but I don't recall sylvaneth rumour. And to be fair thr sylvaneth battletome has stood the test of time pretty well (unlike Ironjawz fyreslayers etc) 

Yeah the Ironjawz and Fyreslayers need new tomes asap.  The ‘slayers have those nice rules from the GHB that they can build from.  The Ironjawz could have faction rules for each of the main tribes, for some Ourruky variety.  

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Speaking of rumours did I get it wrong or I read here rumours also of a new battletome for Ironjawz and Sylvaneth in the works? If that is true they may be alternating the Warhammer Underworlds warbands with new armies/ battletomes.

Or it may give us an idea of the direction GW is taking. That, assuming Moonclan and Darkoath are coming in the next 6 months, would leave Khorne, Tzeentch and KO with existing but old battletomes and Skaven and Deathrattle with no battletome but also no rumours or engine rumours about them... 

It may be a long shot but it is not impossible to think GW is testing the success of an army or the release schedule with smaller units first while in the meantime keeping the roster fresh with new stuff. Thoughts?

I wouldn’t really say that there aren’t any rumors about skaven.

after all there has been some mention of a skaven release in late February 

Anybody have a Rumour Round up with yet to be seen rumours (remember hearing something about Darkoath, and moonclan, which I guess really originated from Malign Portents, but don’t know if it differed much from the war ands for Shadespire).

I remember seeing a few more somehwere 8n 5he aether of the rumour thread a few weeks back. And a yet to be identified collage of the rumour engine. 

3 hours ago, alghero81 said:

I wouldn't be surprized that a new Sylvaneth Battletome would be released in Q1-Q2 2019 when the Sylvaneth warband will likely be released in Warhammer Underworlds..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I don't see the correlation with underworlds.  They won't even put the warscroll in there. 

Sylvaneth have spell lores, other factions don't. Don't see them getting an update before others

Well don’t they have a new tree revenant with a bow? That could give a hint of new units and could come with some endless spells. I would say they have more chances than other battletomes don’t have anything at all, neither hints (like free peoples for example)

• Like 1

Going down that Underworlds rabbit hole, I noticed that the "fairy" that Zarbag is holding is named a spite and there is a specific card that shows off spites being a 4 winged insect type thing.

So some of the insectoid things we've been seeing (the thing with larvae coming out of its armpits) could be related to that.

14 minutes ago, froo said:

Going down that Underworlds rabbit hole, I noticed that the "fairy" that Zarbag is holding is named a spite and there is a specific card that shows off spites being a 4 winged insect type thing.

So some of the insectoid things we've been seeing (the thing with larvae coming out of its armpits) could be related to that.

Spites are the little fairy things that accompany Slyvaneth. They have tons of forms ranging from small bug things to the giant Wardroth Beetle that Alarielle rides.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

Do we know where the Darkoath Nighvault card was previewed? Is it from the upcoming warband or the core set?

Healing Pulse is a generic card in either the Zarbag's Gitz box or the Eyes of the Nine box, I don't remember which one it was in exactly but I'm leaning more towards the grots box.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

Healing Pulse is a generic card in either the Zarbag's Gitz box or the Eyes of the Nine box, I don't remember which one it was in exactly but I'm leaning more towards the grots box.

Oh ok, thanks! I hoped it was from the future Darkoath warband so that would hint to it being released this year instead of the assumed February 2019 (if they relase them like they did with Shadespire warbands).

On 10/13/2018 at 9:50 AM, Squigy_Boy said:

6B47B62A-2C6B-4E78-AD29-AFA124C54699.jpeg.7dcf2c9465f4d25eef758ac6907b3d70.jpeg512A296B-080A-4820-80F4-B65925C4D388.jpeg.a4b48ebc255d8f0a5accdab8f57aee00.jpeg

rumour engine for darkoath witch/shaman

Really hoping this is its own faction, rather than part of Slaves to Darkness. To me the aesthetic is way worse than any existing Chaos designs and I wouldn't want it mixed together.

1 minute ago, cash4u said:

Really hoping this is its own faction, rather than part of Slaves to Darkness. To me the aesthetic is way worse than any existing Chaos designs and I wouldn't want it mixed together.

Think we might get, not that loved by everybody, infantry for Darkoath and then, there will be some sort of cavalry and everybody will wet their pants and scream "Shut up and take my money GW". My small humble assumption :)

2 hours ago, cash4u said:

Wait, I'm sorry...is your suggestion that  the Darkoath art and the one Harbinger model available to us is worse than Slaves to Darkness?  That faction is extremely dated, and includes the Marauders unit as battle line - which is in the discussion for the single ugliest GW kit currently in production.  The unbelievably static and boring Chaos Warriors and Knights kits aren't that far behind, either.

The few Darkoath things we have seen suggest an army that appears to have leaped from a vintage Frank Frazetta novel cover.  I mean I get that art is subjective, and that we all have different tastes when it comes to aesthetics and all, but wow man...I feel like you really need to reevaluate your priorities!

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

I mean I get that art is subjective, and that we all have different tastes when it comes to aesthetics and all, but wow man...I feel like you really need to reevaluate your priorities!

Yeah man! It’s your priorities!* liking the Slaves to Darkness style better than Darkoath! Pffft, you must not have your pension in order as you don’t prefer the same thing as me! 

You can clearly see, based on two loose hero models and some teased artwork, that Darkoath will be awesome! Even if you prefer faceless warriors marching perfectly in sync crushing all underneath their daemonic metal feet, to half naked Conan models...

dang, does this mean I need to get my priorities straight as well ?

*not taste, priorities ;) 

** all sarcasm, just in case it didn’t drip through enough. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm in the "both are good" team. Some people want less "over-the-top magical warriors" and more "barbarian tribes that try to survive in hostile environment" and vice versa and it's all ok.

12 minutes ago, Kramer said:

faceless warriors marching perfectly in sync crushing all underneath their daemonic metal feet

Perfect description. That's why I love Chaos Warriors aesthetics and don't mind their static poses.

And I don't consider Marauders to be that bad - zombies are much worse.

• Like 1