The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, stato said:

Even if Moonclan do come, they wont ally with everything in Destruction (just like the 2 Order Elfs releases were less than useless if you were running Dispossessed for example). Your profile is pic Beastclaw?  Moonclan cant be taken as allies for them i think? so if wanted to add them youd be either be stuck with grand allegiance, or collecting an entirely new army (so it doesnt matter what GA they are).

Most of the time I play Mixed Destruction. So any addition to Destruction as a Grand Alliance is welcome for me. But I would also plan on collecting Moonclan  or whatever new Destruction will come, if I like the models.

I will admit that a completely new Ogor faction would be neat and the number 1 choice for me. But most of us Ogor players have given up on hoping that GW might release something for us.

So I stick to whatever I get.

If I had to rank which armies I want most, I would rank it like this:

First place: Ogors or Beastclaw Raiders

Second place: Troggoths

Third place: Grots and Squigs

Last Place: Orruks

So I am happy that my secon and third choice will get support in Nightvault. ?

I really hope that the Troggoth gets a hero pofile in AoS.

1 hour ago, Bradipo322 said:

From the new Nightvault trailer:

image.png.9b38a177c5848aad06f226eb9275286a.png

image.png.e053e1790bdfd44e94b24006df0422d2.png

As I thought, they seem to be two seperate warbands. But they look cool. I like them. Especially the Troggoth warband seems antagonistic to the Sylvaneth one.

Edited by Infeston

27 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

All the new warbands look great apart from darkoath a very boring and uninspiring aesthetic. Worse than the current marauder models in my opinion. So drab. 

My friend said the same thing and I can see that... 

But to me these stood out as the most exciting for some reason! They look simple but totally bad ass. I hope their is a unit of spear throwers! 

Just now, michu said:

Exactly, Darkoaths are simple barbarians that weren't blessed by any god (at least not yet). And remember that we only have a picture. Miniatures could be better.

Jeah if you compare the artwork of the Troggoth with the actual model, it looks way better for example. Could be the same for Darkoath.

I think the Darkoath faction stands out because it's so normal - not towering golden demigods, not a chaos mutant, not a living tree, not a ghost, just athletic people with normal weapons. I think that's pretty cool, and that sometimes mundane is the most striking when everything else is absurd.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Did they say 8 new battle groups or 6 - if the former then Daughters and Idoneth still have a chance if not then its sad but great to see some dwarven warriors and sylvanath!

Also am I the only one that thought "legions of undead thought lost" = Tomb Kings! 

there are two on the core set :/

and the lost dead must be the katrophane, wich, in some ways, are the AOS Tks

Edited by Sadysaneto

Not sure if anyone noticed, but Start Collecting! Greenskinz is gone. I never noticed until now.

EDIT: Wait, it's not, but when you click the Start Collecting checkbox it doesn't show it there. You have to manually go to the Greenskinz section to see it.

Edited by cash4u

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I think the Darkoath faction stands out because it's so normal - not towering golden demigods, not a chaos mutant, not a living tree, not a ghost, just athletic people with normal weapons. I think that's pretty cool, and that sometimes mundane is the most striking when everything else is absurd.  

Wait until you see what they are riding in their full aos release...!! ???

(this is just a guess based on past models - I have no inside info) 

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I wish I could like this more than once. What AOS has been crying out for is a normal human perspective. If that perspective doesn't necessarily belong to one of the 'good guy' factions so much the better. 

• Like 4