The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, novakai said:

could be, but that Troll was really heavily deck-out with shrooms, spores, and had a Moonclan trinket on it though. it could just be that Moonclan has two warband and the Troll and bat squig are in the other one.

or they decide to go far out and have a random monster on the board

I really don't want that the troll and the squig just turn out to be random monsters only for Shadespire. This would crush my hopes for a combined Moonclan-Troggoth faction. ?

I really really wish for a new Destruction army release. And if all the rumours and pictures which look like Destruction in the end just turn out to be only a Shadespire warband release or just random monsters which won't appear again in another form in AoS this would make me really sad.

Destruction really needs more attention. I also don't want to sound negative. But with all the cool Moonclan releases there is also a fear inside me that this will be everything which Destruction will get in the near future. There is also a small fear that the troll will turn out to be a "Chaos Troll" and because of that part of the Chaos faction, which I don't believe will happen.  But there is still this little fear that I won't be able to include him in my Destruction army.

Edited by Infeston
  • Like 1

The Troggoth and Squig are clearly linked to the Moon Clan warband - shrooms, iconography, it's all there. The question is just how. Given the focus on magic in Nightvault, maybe they're summonable units, or maybe units can be transformed into them? Perhaps your Squig grows wings when inspired, or you can turn an enemy into a Troggoth with a spell? 

The only other possibility, it seems to me, is that there's two Moon Clan warbands. Not impossible if the Moon Clan release is coming soon, but it does seem unlikely. 

16 minutes ago, Infeston said:

I really don't want that the troll and the squig just turn out to be random monsters only for Shadespire. This would crush my hopes for a combined Moonclan-Troggoth faction. ?

I really really wish for a new Destruction army release. And if all the rumours and pictures which look like Destruction in the end just turn out to be only a Shadespire warband release or just random monsters which won't appear again in another form in AoS this would make me really sad.

Destruction really needs more attention. I also don't want to sound negative. But with all the cool Moonclan releases there is also a fear inside me that this will be everything which Destruction will get in the near future. There is also a small fear that the troll will turn out to be a "Chaos Troll" and because of that part of the Chaos faction, which I don't believe will happen.  But there is still this little fear that I won't be able to include him in my Destruction army.

Even if Moonclan do come, they wont ally with everything in Destruction (just like the 2 Order Elfs releases were less than useless if you were running Dispossessed for example). Your profile is pic Beastclaw?  Moonclan cant be taken as allies for them i think? so if wanted to add them youd be either be stuck with grand allegiance, or collecting an entirely new army (so it doesnt matter what GA they are).

2 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Has anyone heard anything about the Khorne vs. Slannesh box thing? Anything remotely resembling what I’m hoping will be an instabuy. 

Look at the WarCom article on the nova event - nothing else is known. Finding it shouldn't be not much harder then asking a question on easily acaccessible information.

And prepare to be disappointed - nothing ever comes close to what a question-asker is hoping for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Look at the WarCom article on the nova event - nothing else is known. Finding it shouldn't be not much harder then asking a question on easily acaccessible information.

And prepare to be disappointed - nothing ever comes close to what a question-asker is hoping for. 

Thanks for your reply, I only ask as sometimes we do have genuine rumours that aren’t in the public domain on here rather than readily accessible information that we have both already seen. 

Edited by 5kaven5lave

13 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Thanks for your reply, I only ask as sometimes we do have genuine rumours that aren’t in the public domain on here rather than readily accessible information that we have both already seen. 

Dude, if a rumor is flowing somewhere around the internet it will find its way here sooner then later. That or it will originate from here

At mods: maybe we should drop the no leaks are allowed policy 5 and rather introduce a no questions in the rumor topic for new rumors. In exchange the first post here could collect all known rumors (with the solved hidden as spoilers) for a better overview. If make the lifes of every user easier 

And to have something different then redundant questions, this was pm'd to me:

"The tzeentch band contains a sorcerer of tzeentch with a big feather cape, a tzaangor with greatsword, an acolyte with sword and shield, an acolyte with just sword, a blue horror, and a pair of brimstone horrors on a base. 

The goblin band has a shaman with lantern and staff, a fanatic, a netter, an armoured goblin with a branding pole, 3 bow grots and 2 squigs. That's right, 9 guys. I suspect the branding guy controls squigs in a way to maximise actions"

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Like 3

Unless they're introducing new boards with more starting hexes, a drop in drop out roster system, or the squigs don't have actual cards and are similar to  endless spells I don't see how that works.  Sepulchral guard currently fills all of the starting hexes on current boards and they have 7 fighters.  Interesting to see how that pans out.

54 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

The goblin band has a shaman with lantern and staff, a fanatic, a netter, an armoured goblin with a branding pole, 3 bow grots and 2 squigs. That's right, 9 guys. I suspect the branding guy controls squigs in a way to maximise actions"

So that shroomggoth shown that said it was part of that warband is not actually part of it at all?... O_o

Hmmm, time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

So that shroomggoth shown that said it was part of that warband is not actually part of it at all?... O_o

Hmmm, time will tell.

It’s a real mystery, usually the warband fits in one warscroll, but the moonclan one would have to be about 6 warscrolls, if all these models are included 

Nightvault preview video! https://youtu.be/WBtO-pAXVA4

Box art for Tzeentch Arcanites, Moonclans, what looks like Darkoath Marauders (v. low on the chaos iconography but dark gods mentioned), fungal things (flying squig, troll, living mushrooms), Sylventh Tree-Revenants and Kharadron Overlords!

Edited by sandlemad

Did they say 8 new battle groups or 6 - if the former then Daughters and Idoneth still have a chance if not then its sad but great to see some dwarven warriors and sylvanath!

Also am I the only one that thought "legions of undead thought lost" = Tomb Kings! 

Edited by Overread

Really wondering how they're going to work that mushroom troll/squig/living fungi force. Apart from stormcast this is the first warband that appears to be drawn from the same faction (a new and unreleased faction no less) as another warband. Granted you can have the Shadespire farstriders fight the liberators - or their mirror image or however you'd care to justify it - but it's still surprising. I'd nearly think they could mix and match if that wasn't so clearly against the set warband ethos this game has.

10 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, not every Squig or Troggoth is "friendly" with Moonclan Grots (in a certain sense of the word "friendly").

That's true, I can see a scenario where the troll and flying squig might have come to Shadespire alongside, uh, Zarbag and his boys but then got distracted and wandered off to go eat stuff. Perhaps the Moonclan herdsman/'shroom knight' is sour about it and his goal is to get their rarer beasts back.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1