The Rumour Thread

I'm in the camp of moonclanS - emphasis on the S, plural . With several clans, like pure moon mushrooms, like bug mounted (spiders...), like woods ones (wolves mounted etc...)

We already have this direction showed at least 3 times: nurgle, Legion of nagash and the super recent not yet released Beast of Chaos with several really disting factions that can work together , with a strong united lore.

• Like 2

Does anyone know a good, and simple to

navigate around, site or forum where one can find rumors about Orktober and the Speedfreaks game? It’s 10 days away and as far as I know they are silent like the grave about those releases. 

Just PM me so we don’t risk messing around with this thread.

Sorry in advance for asking such a blasphemous question in here but since I care not for Warhammer40K I have no idea where to go.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm in the camp of moonclanS - emphasis on the S, plural . With several clans, like pure moon mushrooms, like bug mounted (spiders...), like woods ones (wolves mounted etc...)

We already have this direction showed at least 3 times: nurgle, Legion of nagash and the super recent not yet released Beast of Chaos with several really disting factions that can work together , with a strong united lore.

I mean I can see a possibility of the Moonclan battle tome having a mixed battalion like Beasthammer or Shadowhammer where you could field spiderfang, but I feel like the Moonclan release is going to be a single army release like DoK/ Nighthaunt and not a "Grot soup book" like LoN and BoC given how iconic Night goblins where in WHF

and I don't think GW would merge the two armies together under a Moonclan umbrella given how much they have establish different identity for the two armies (which is the reason GW gave on facebook as to why Firebellies are a thing and they have plans for them)

I ok if I am wrong on this, but I feel like is a missed opportunity to release more new stuff in the end to diversify Destruction.

3 hours ago, novakai said:

I am not sure about that it looks like Moonclan are more about shroom, squigs, and trolls than insects atm

TBH I am in camp of that Moonclan and Spiderfang should be their own things even if it take a while for a spiderfang battletome to come out.

especially since in the lore they worship two different things and the fact that they had two distinct Portent stories.

I'm not too sure about that, if the Fungoid Cave-Shaman is anything to go off insects are definitely apart of the faction in some fashion. Whether that's just clothes or not we'll just have to wait and see but I don't think it would be too weird if they rolled the two into one, I mean there would have to be some explaining in the lore but it's possible considering there isn't a whole lot out for either of them yet as far as I know.

10 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Sep18-RumourEngine1hvdg.jpg

I honestly cannot see this being anything but AoS ;)  Gut feeling is something destruction related - the toof on it and rough finish suggests Bonesplitters

My hot take: firebellies 

Volcanic obsidian blade would work well with  Pacific islander/ tribal volcano worshipping ogors

• Like 2

2 hours ago, novakai said:

and I don't think GW would merge the two armies together under a Moonclan umbrella given how much they have establish different identity for the two armies (which is the reason GW gave on facebook as to why Firebellies are a thing and they have plans for them)

I hadn't seen that re: Firebellies, do you have a link or screenshot please?

The snippet of Lore they do have in the GA Destruction book was actually really interesting.

Spear has to be moonclan grots.

We've had the fungoid cave shaman as a sign of things to come.

Now we know there's an underworlds warband for the moonclan.

I would bet money on that spear being a moonclan spear and there being a battle tome + new models in the future for that army.

26 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I hadn't seen that re: Firebellies, do you have a link or screenshot please?

The snippet of Lore they do have in the GA Destruction book was actually really interesting.

Hmm I think they answer a question of why Firebellies was 1 unit army last May when they where doing Faction focuses, it probably take me forever to find the exact post on facebook. it was mention on the Faction focus-pointless speculation thread,  Though now that I think about it, the Facebook response may have been little vague when answering.

18 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Bonesplitterz shadespire warband? 

I mean, I'd expect it to be Grots, but gw has been throwing out curveballs enough that I'm prepared for crazy unknowns ?

I pray for a Plastic Wurzog Prophet to lead the warband 

Any rumors about more Dark elf successor factions? Or High elf successors for that matter?

I'm really intrigued by what sort of army Malerion might run. We know so little about him and Ulgu despite him being one of the major gods. 

...plus I want new elves to ally my Deepkin with. :) 

Far as I recall we've not heard anything about any more Aelves to be released. I wager that we don't see anything on them until next year. Heck we don't even have Endless Spell packs for Idoneth nor Daughters (despite both being recent AoS 2.0 ready factions). The only possible release might be models for either with Shadspire.

31 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Can't post leaked images, but I can say to look out for Zarbag's Gitz;)

Is this a policy? Makes it so much harder to discuss these things without images...!

All in all potentially two of the most characterful warbands yet. That Tzeentch hero looks killer - right up the weird alley that they've been pushing for the Tzeentch aesthetic. Really digging how they're making the warband a mixed unit as well: it looks like it'll be an Acolyte, the Tzaangor we've seen, and a Horror of some sort? (Or at least something with a few arms)

The Gitz are looking great as well, looks like a cave shaman-type wizard, a fanatic, a netter, a couple squigs and the armoured squigherder we've seen. Important omission: the flying squigeon and mushroom Troggoth are nowhere to be seen...

All in all, much more hyped about these sets than I expected to be

Edited by Dieselfruit
  • Like 3