The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Grot hero would look better with his helmet down.

If it ends up being the vanguard of a full new kit in a wider Moonclan release, you might get both kinds of heads (helmet up and helmet down).

But with it being up it makes a crescent moon shape in profile, which is a nice touch :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, calcysimon said:

That helm is really interesting, a sort of dragon? 

The shape of it? I think its a fully covered face mask.

The sides seem to close up around the front to enclose the face. The shape of the sides are to compensate for the grot noses.

The shape of the helmet seems to be moon shaped.

Edited by froo
fixed.

7 hours ago, calcysimon said:

That helm is really interesting, a sort of dragon? 

It's clearly a goblin-head shaped helmet. Nose and eyes on the visor, big floppy steel ears, hooked chin jutting out.

Edit: @froo Really, we both reply to the exact same seven-hour old comment within one minute? Wow.

Edited by Swooper
  • Haha 1

Given the magical aspect to this one I can see most of the warbands having some magic option. This makes things like (non-Khorne) Daemons, Slyvaneth, Deepkin and Bonesplitterz potential candidates in my mind. Depending on how far out they are willing to go they could also do an interesting Collegiate Arcane or Eldritch Council warband though they are very unlikely.

I think things like Overlords may have to wait until season 3 unfortunately as unless they give them dispellers or something they won't really add much to the game that couldn't have been done in season 1. For the same reason I'm not convinced DoK will make it as they only have one wizard option (though a warband of a Medusa and ~2 melusai would be awesome).

3 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Also, if you look at the base and how zoomed it is, that grot is tiny! I can see the fungoid cave shaman towering over him.

That's exactly what I noticed too, maybe new faction will be more races combined, troggot, Grots, bigger goblins (hobgoblins) ecc on the theme of fungal experiments

Edited by calcysimon

53 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

they were part of Chaos Dwarves army. I don't see them with moonclan.  But it is clear that they can't do a moongrot book without bigger guys or at least mounted on  bigger guys. An army without the biggies looks soooooooo sad and flat ! 

They were part of Chaos Dwarves army in warhammer fantasy, but do hobgoblins even exist in AoS?  im not fully familiar with all the lore.  They are not with the Legion of Azgorth now, think they were mentioned in the old compendium but only in terms of using standard goblin rules for the old models.

31 minutes ago, stato said:

They were part of Chaos Dwarves army in warhammer fantasy, but do hobgoblins even exist in AoS?  im not fully familiar with all the lore.  They are not with the Legion of Azgorth now, think they were mentioned in the old compendium but only in terms of using standard goblin rules for the old models.

I don't believe there's been anything on them yet in the lore as far as I know so it's still open for them to be apart of Moonclan Grots or they could keep them with Legion of Azgorth/Chaos Dwarves. Or they could just not exist at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I don't believe there's been anything on them yet in the lore as far as I know so it's still open for them to be apart of Moonclan Grots or they could keep them with Legion of Azgorth/Chaos Dwarves. Or they could just not exist at all.

They've been classified as belonging to the Grot Genus along with Gnoblars, but I think it'll be very unlikely for them to be incorporated into Moonclan which is a specific Destruction sub-faction.

On 9/16/2018 at 4:06 PM, Hoseman said:

I'm Spanish and I have to say that all GW games come with a very bad translation.  In fact sometimes in some specific non simple rules we have to check in English to use them correctly. This is a thing that our community says a lot and has been a lot of arguments of some people against the company.

Said that I love GW games and I'm with the hobby since I was 14 on 90s decade but it's true that for some people can be a big thing if they don't translate correctly the rules. And is not only for some difficult rules where's the problem because EVERY name and attribute is not translated. And I really don't care cause I read, play, watch videos and series in English and I can more or less understand what YouTube's and texts say, so as a lot of people but there's a lot of people that maybe for that is a bit lazy.

And there is another problem. A lot of people consider a really bad practice for GW not to translate correctly their things. Is true that English is the most used language but seriously Spanish is I think second or third language on earth (I think second), and it is a bit if offense not to translate correctly things. 

Just to make a similar thing our rules are like: 

When el Caballero enmascarado uses his espada de la luz add +1 to tirada para impactar if theres any other friendly caballero on 9"

If arqueros del monte has 10 or more minis add +1 a la tirada para herir of his arcos curvos

When orcos aplastacabezas wear escudos add +1 to the salvacion roll.

Seriously, it makes me laugh but is a fkn bad work and it's normal a lot of people go to play other things. Specially the people that love to read lore and make narrative plays. 

That is not even the worst. I'm from Spain too and nowadays the quality of GW products are beyond terrible, just look at this translation (image below):

[Este "Easy to Build" supongo que debería traducirse] which in Spanish means something like [I guess this "Easy to Build" shuld be translated]

Source

And nobody saw it, or even worse nobody fixed it before the selling day of the box. 

Sadly, nowadays it's very hard for us to keep our friends in the hobby and more a more people is abandon the hobby. ?

Easy to build.png

Edited by Zharrat
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Brother Dimetrius said:

Those Nighthaunt are sexy.

More & more I wish there was some way to purchase the same style of sculpted based to align with the E2B stuff.

I don't like the scenic bases though. It's annoying for those of use who already have undead models and now have to get extra blank bases for them. But to each their own. 

1 hour ago, Elmir said:

I don't like the scenic bases though. It's annoying for those of use who already have undead models and now have to get extra blank bases for them. But to each their own. 

I see your point but they were made for Warhammer Underworlds and not AoS proper, it also seems to be the direction they're going with the easy to build kits (going off the Nighthaunt ones having them)  which I can see upsides and downsides too depending on if you're new to the hobby or not.  It would be nice to have the option of having scenic or blank bases though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elmir said:

?

I don't think I know anyone who doesn't have at least a few dozen spare bases in common sizes leftover from conversions and abandoned projects. Even if you're just starting out and really don't have the eight bases spare, I'm sure someone you know will, and even if you really can't get ahold of any for free you'll still make a net profit ebaying your unwanted scenic bases to fund buying plain ones. ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

I see your point but they were made for Warhammer Underworlds and not AoS proper, it also seems to be the direction they're going with the easy to build kits (going off the Nighthaunt ones having them)  which I can see upsides and downsides too depending on if you're new to the hobby or not.  It would be nice to have the option of having scenic or blank bases though.

I just texture paint over them.

• Like 4