The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

he summoning bit is fluffy but doesn't seem all that useful to me. It'll depend a lot on what the cheapest things cost.  Given what we can see on the chart, one summoning point appears to be worth approximately 20 points. If you get one point per turn and d3 for sacrificing, then even if you are in position to sacrifice every turn you only get 3 points per turn on average, meaning you won't be summoning anything impactful until turn 3 or so, and thus you'll only get 2 turns of use out of your summoned unit (3 if you get lucky). Even in the best case scenario of sacrificing ungors, you are only "gaining" 14 points per mortal wound dealt. You should really pro-rate the value of the summoned unit too, so summoning a 200 point model on turn 3 is really only "worth" 100 points, arguably less

It made an impact in the twitch stream and it’s  all relative. Maybe it’s a nice little bonus like the Slaanesh of Khorramshahr system. It doesn’t need to be as impactful as the seraphim one. 

3 hours ago, Charles said:

FYI heardstone makes them immune to battleshock, so bravery won’t be an issue for them. This was also confirmed on the twitch stream.

Also please show where I said the Sky was falling? All I did is point out that they will be T1 based on the game I watched on the twitch stream. 

Yes, but I addressed that - it's only within a certain range (can't remember if 6, 9 or 12) which expands each turn. If they're plowing forward for turn 1 charges etc, they will not be in range of that until the end of the game. If they hang back, I'm parking on objectives and winning the game with regenerating skellies.

Sorry you're right you did not, but you did imply power-creep, which is too soon to tell (imo Nighthaunt have not been the threat everyone thought they would be as the most recent example).

Wasn't there supposed to be an article about the new BoC endless spells today? Getting awfully late and still nothing on warhammer-community.

In the meantime, make sure to come back tomorrow, when I’ll be previewing the endless spells as well as writing some cool lists to get your army started.

Well in theory the only new things are the Start Collecting box, the Battle tome, the cards and the Endless spells. So that's really not that much new stuff. GW might spread it out over two weeks if they want, but that would more be to generate more marketing interest than due to sales volume. If anything launching a new faction should make the getting started box a prime thing to sell on the launch day along with the battletome.

2 hours ago, Hoseman said:

will the "new" BoC boxes arrive with the Battletome or will it be released on more weeks? Is too much Endless Spells, Battletome, Start collecting and all the other boxes together??

On the getting started only says battletome tomorrow so...

Sunday's "next week's preorders" page had all the new Beasts of Chaos stuff listed for preorder. I suspect it'll be a one week and done kind of release.

This isn't a rumour, but more a prediction.

A lot of the early AoS fiction that I am slowly reading through has an interesting common theme. Women resistance fighters. Not just lingering humans, but band of survivors who are very clearly led by women - or rather a woman. It makes me wonder if when GW come to make a human focused faction for AoS if it will have several hero women to represent this aspect of the people of the Realms. They might even have a Sisters of Battle style faction (that might be just female dominated). 

• Like 5

In today's preview, the 3rd list contains 20 Tzaangors, 6 Skyfires and a Shaman. Unless I'm mistaken, these units are worth 980 points.

So either the endless spell is free, or we should expect a point change for at least one of these units (or maybe they just made a mistake).

Do you think it's possible these units will have different points when used as BoC or Tzeentch units?

1 hour ago, Raviv said:

In today's preview, the 3rd list contains 20 Tzaangors, 6 Skyfires and a Shaman. Unless I'm mistaken, these units are worth 980 points.

So either the endless spell is free, or we should expect a point change for at least one of these units (or maybe they just made a mistake).

Do you think it's possible these units will have different points when used as BoC or Tzeentch units?

If there’s a 20 point reduction on either, that would put the spell right at 40 points. 80 if both.

31 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

This is either an early concept for the mounted Knight of Shrouds or perhaps a hint at NEW BLOODKNIGHTS!?

CD7F3244-F06B-4380-BBEA-B5A9AECCBE38.jpeg

Considering the similar color scheme to the Nighthaunt stuff, I think it’s concept art for the Knight of Shrouds

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

This is either an early concept for the mounted Knight of Shrouds or perhaps a hint at NEW BLOODKNIGHTS!?

It says on the notes “Spooks” and “Cairn Lord”

its the Mounted Night of Shrouds. None of the drawing here contain new information or hints for future. This article was to get more people applying for those jobs.

• Like 1