The Rumour Thread

I am very happy to see the brayheards book, I was kind of afraid they would be forgotten. 

A thing that I don't like so much is that they choose Thunderscorn (Dragonogres) to be a part of this book. I know, AoS is new and old stories do not count anymore (as we saw with the Fimir), but I really liked the Tzeentch-oath background, where they fought for the favorised Mortal Armies and not the beastmen rubble. Sure they do look kinda beasty... looking forward to hear what their fluff will be in the book. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, obaobaboss said:

A thing that I don't like so much is that they choose Thunderscorn (Dragonogres) to be a part of this book. I know, AoS is new and old stories do not count anymore (as we saw with the Fimir), but I really liked the Tzeentch-oath background, where they fought for the favorised Mortal Armies and not the beastmen rubble. Sure they do look kinda beasty... looking forward to hear what their fluff will be in the book. 

I'm with you on it. Not that I don't like the fact that they include Thunderscorn in Beastmen (they were, like Monsters of Chaos, inexistant on their own) but I wished that, instead, they be included in something like Slaves or Everchosen. In a way to give something more to these factions. Somehing besides "humans with armor and chaos' power" which they are right now...I don't know, I wished they had more "fantasy" in their choices (don't know how to explain it in better words).

Edited by Harioch

4 hours ago, obaobaboss said:

I am very happy to see the brayheards book, I was kind of afraid they would be forgotten. 

Thunderscorn were part of beasts back in 6th. GW's just put them back.

In Lost and the Damned  (one of the original Realms of Chaos books), Dragon Ogre champions have minotaur or beastmen followers (and are available as followers of either of the above-two warbands).

It wasn't until 7th edition, when GW decided to shoehorn all the non-minotaur monstrous stuff in with warriors that there was any background about dragon ogres having issues leading or following beastmen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

The soon to release Azyrite buildings appear to have full walls. Though not exactly the LEGO set one could hope for, it still opens some customization options.

And floors! I was kinda hoping for an AoS version of Sector Imperialis but these seem a little simpler. Oh well, we’ll see.... it’s only one photo after all.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:01 AM, Kirjava13 said:

What I would love to know is this: will the Warscroll Cards that are already out for factions like Nurgle, Idoneth, Daughters, hell, everyone apart from Stormcast, Nighthaunt and (upcoming) Beasts, be reprinted in the new style? I have Daughters, Seraphon and Idoneth forces, and I'd love to get the warscroll cards for them, and I know it would be a bit sore for people who've already bought the existing ones, but I ain't investing in the old chunky format.

So, rumour mongers... Whatcha got?

I asked this of one of the staff.  His reply was that there's no plan to do a mass conversion to the new format.  However any updates will be the new format.

One interesting point they also made was that the rules have to fit in the new layout, so no reducing text size to get rules to fit!

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

And floors! I was kinda hoping for an AoS version of Sector Imperialis but these seem a little simpler. Oh well, we’ll see.... it’s only one photo after all.

The current plan wasn't for the Azyrite Ruins to get flooring.  However I'm hopeful that at some point in the future we may see a set that allows us to build fully formed structures.

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

The current plan wasn't for the Azyrite Ruins to get flooring.  However I'm hopeful that at some point in the future we may see a set that allows us to build fully formed structures.

If it remains only the floor problem, I'd be happy ;-)  (the floors are in the "no need" category for me, the important thing is the walls)

BTW, I took the ruins kit for Middle earth at GW (online) and it is really interesting: you got 3 complete sets of ruins, each comes with a full house ruin + 2 statues: total 6 statues and tons of ruins. You can do a lot of things with this. Money wise, one of the best scenic buy  at GW for fantasy (also usable with 40K)!

9 minutes ago, michu said:

With a Beasts of Chaos keyword, they're going to be more unified than Legions of Nagash, but still have their little sub-factions inside that with their own rules.

So, let me understand what is happening:

-Chaos Marks with battalions.

-3 Stormhosts

-Racial abilities for Warherds, Thunderscorn and Breyherds.

-An scenario that provides Passive Battleshock Inmunity AND -1 rend that improves it's range every turn.

-Summoning (well...sacrifice miniatures to take other miniatures/units).

That sounds really awesome!!!!!

• Like 2

This Beasts of Chaos thing is bad. It's very bad.

I had about come-to-terms with letting a bunch of my old minis go...but now I have to rekindle and finish my Khorne-based Warherd.

Chaos Allegiance with a Followers of The Brass Bull (Taurox!) battalion. Lots of minotaurs supported by slaughterpriests and bloodstokers.

Yeah, this is bad.

• Haha 1

The only bad thing about the Beasts of Chaos release is the lack of a Daughters of Khaine Getting Started boxed set! 

Otherwise yeah its a fantastic release for AoS and fans of the old Beastmen faction and Dragon Ogres and Giants! Great to see Chaos almost fully cleaned up too as a Grand Alliance - only needs Slaanesh and Skaven to go! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I havent heard anything about heroes etc, but a direct mention in the rules. Maybe for a future release? Unless Morghur has now been fully relegated to background

That'd be cool, some sort of larger plastic 'Morghur Ascended'. His attitude towards chaos, anarchy and the overthrow of civilisation was always the main thing that differentiated them from mortal chaos to my mind, and nearly the only thing that stopped them from embracing 'furry orc syndrome'.

That said, seems unlikely when they could just make him some nebulous spiritual inspiration, some semi-divine remnant of the world-that-was. Seeing as even in WHFB he was basically a dark spirit that reincarnated in wild places century after century, having Morghur basically inspire/possess/influence whole hordes of beasts without actual corporeal form is actually pretty easy.

• Like 1